Sprouts

Old Nov 12th 2010, 3:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sprouts

Hey tonrob ... thought this would appeal to you. Sounds so good, I'm going to make them on Thanksgiving.

http://www.delish.com/recipes/cookin...zers?GT1=47049

1 pound(s) brussels sprouts, thinly sliced lengthwise
2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion, finely diced
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon(s) sweet smoked paprika
4 slice(s) of multigrain bread, toasted
4 ounce(s) extra-sharp cheddar cheese, thinly sliced

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the brussels sprouts until they are just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
  2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until just softened, about 5 minutes. Add the paprika, cover, and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until the onion is tender, about 10 minutes; add a little water if the onion dries out.
  3. Add the brussels sprouts to the skillet and cook until tender throughout, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
  4. Arrange the toasts on a baking sheet and top with the cheddar. Bake for 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted; mound the brussels sprouts and onions on top and serve.

Last edited by Rete; Nov 13th 2010 at 11:52 am.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 5:10 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sprouts

The one with the smoked paprika? I love that stuff, sounds good!

Here is the sprouts recipe I use every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Combines three all-time favorites -- sprouts, chestnuts . . . and bacon!

BRUSSELS W/CHESTNUTS AND BACON

Serves 6

1-1/2 cups chicken stock
3 large shallots, thinly sliced
1 sprig rosemary
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 cups chestnuts, roasted and peeled
3 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cooked
salt and black pepper
½ lb bacon, thinly sliced, cut in ½ inch strips crosswise

In large sauté pan, combine bacon, half of stock, shallots, rosemary, and garlic. Simmer over medium heat until liquid has evaporated and bacon begins to sizzle. Remove rosemary and garlic and reserve.

Add chestnuts and lightly brown for 3 – 4 minutes. Add remaining stock, bring to simmer. Add sprouts and cook until heated through, 8 – 10 minutes.

Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with reserved rosemary and garlic.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 5:41 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Hey tonrob ... thought this would appeal to you. Sounds so good, I'm going to make them on Thanksgiving.

Excellent! Thanks muchly. Can't do it on Thanksgiving (will be driving all day) but would be good for Christmas nibbles!
Old Nov 12th 2010, 5:50 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger

Here is the sprouts recipe I use every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Combines three all-time favorites -- sprouts, chestnuts . . . and bacon!

Serves 6

1-1/2 cups chicken stock
3 large shallots, thinly sliced
1 sprig rosemary
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 cups chestnuts, roasted and peeled
3 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cooked
salt and black pepper
½ lb bacon, thinly sliced, cut in ½ inch strips crosswise

In large sauté pan, combine bacon, half of stock, shallots, rosemary, and garlic. Simmer over medium heat until liquid has evaporated and bacon begins to sizzle. Remove rosemary and garlic and reserve.

Add chestnuts and lightly brown for 3 – 4 minutes. Add remaining stock, bring to simmer. Add sprouts and cook until heated through, 8 – 10 minutes.

Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with reserved rosemary and garlic.
+1. I do this too.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 11:47 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nut .... sounds wonderfully delicious. Hubby doesn't eat bacon but I think I can get him to have a few regardless.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 2:48 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

Both of these sound yummy!!! I love sprouts and am happy that the sprout season is upon us!!!
Old Nov 13th 2010, 10:06 pm
Taunton, Somerset to PA

mikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud of

Do what you want to em,,,, they are still sprouts
Old Nov 13th 2010, 10:45 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having Sprout Thai Red Curry for tea. Yummy!
Old Nov 13th 2010, 11:39 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
I haven't made up my mind if you're a masochist or a sadist.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Watch out. Clear a path to the bathroom. Put the extractor fan on. Tonrob has had curried sprouts.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Hubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nutmegger

Oh...I think I've died and gone to heaven. I'm definitely having these for Xmas/Thanksgiving. I think I'm going to have to do them once a week till Xmas just to make sure I get it right.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:39 am
Septic Sprout

Judging by the level of interest in this thread I reckon we have enough people here to form BE Sprout Club.

First rule of Sprout Club - You do not talk about Sprout Club.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 3:10 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

Judging by the level of interest in this thread I reckon we have enough people here to form BE Sprout Club.

I'm in....

Second rule of Sprout Club - No smoking!
Old Nov 14th 2010, 3:40 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

If this is your first time at Sprout Club.....you gotta eat
Old Nov 14th 2010, 3:43 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete

OH!!! they have a recipe for tabbouleh!! I tabbouleh!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.