Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Speeding Ticket - Florida

Speeding Ticket - Florida

Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding Ticket - Florida

Originally Posted by Old William
However with it safely tucked into a holster or otherwise about or near your person it is.
That's legal in Florida, if you have a CCW permit. So I don't see how that would make it an issue - unless you didn't have the permit in which case it's illegal anyway.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:46 pm
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
That's legal in Florida, if you have a CCW permit. So I don't see how that would make it an issue - unless you didn't have the permit in which case it's illegal anyway.
Yes I know...but its not the legality of the posession its the fact of posession (legal or not) while commiting an unrelated offence.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I know...but its not the legality of the posession its the fact of posession (legal or not) while commiting an unrelated offence.
You sound just like a lawyer I know....

Anyway, I doubt a cop would bother you for it, I've read cases of plenty of people with CCWs being stopped for speeding and the cop doesn't even ask about a weapon in the car.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:50 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, I doubt a cop would bother you for it, I've read cases of plenty of people with CCWs being stopped for speeding and the cop doesn't even ask about a weapon in the car.
Nah !!! its not him...........
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:53 pm
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

As I said it's all theory. Unlikely to happen unless you are a real idiot when stopped.

I never got asked once whether I had a weapon on me...although I always informed the officer I did just to be safe....didnt want him to get any nasty surprises if my shirt moved wrong.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

As I said it's all theory. Unlikely to happen unless you are a real idiot when stopped.

I never got asked once whether I had a weapon on me...although I always informed the officer I did just to be safe....didnt want him to get any nasty surprises if my shirt moved wrong.
LOL.. .I've just seen the 'hype' thread....
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:56 pm
Tool

LOL.. .I've just seen the 'hype' thread....
Heh. wondered how long it would take for the penny to drop.

How is the old pistole going? Got anymore recently?

I'm going to have to nip back over to make sure my mate is looking after mine properly soon.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Heh. wondered how long it would take for the penny to drop.

How is the old pistole going? Got anymore recently?

I'm going to have to nip back over to make sure my mate is looking after mine properly soon.
I thought we had Franklin back for a minute! :scared:

Um, I can't remember when you left... I've got 3 now, the USP 9, the USPc 45 and a little Taurus .357 snub nose (guess which is the most fun!).
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:00 pm
Tool

Um, I can't remember when you left... I've got 3 now, the USP 9, the USPc 45 and a little Taurus .357 snub nose (guess which is the most fun!).
LOL I was on the wind up...sorry.

A month ago. You had the USP 9 I think but not the 45 and Taurus.

I'm guessing you prefer the heavy slugs? Although the lil' 357's are kinda fun if you put magnum rounds down them.

And GET YOUR CCW done. If you havent yet.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:02 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Aaah the pennies dropped. The name should have given it away.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:04 pm
Tool

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Aaah the pennies dropped. The name should have given it away.
lol wotcha. Hows the beer?
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

LOL I was on the wind up...sorry.

A month ago. You had the USP 9 I think but not the 45 and Taurus.

I'm guessing you prefer the heavy slugs? Although the lil' 357's are kinda fun if you put magnum rounds down them.
I actually prefer the 357 (magnums of course), it's great fun at the range, and pretty accurate too for something with such a short barrel.

Will you be selling yours, or do you have the option of returning to th US in a few years?
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

cranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nice

Going back to the original offence:

"Florida Speeding Ticket Fine
For moving violations involving unlawful speed, the Florida speeding ticket fines are as follows:

For speed exceeding the limit by:
Fine:
1-5 m.p.h. Warning
6-9 m.p.h. $ 25
10-14 m.p.h. $100
15-19 m.p.h. $125
20-29 m.p.h. $150
30 m.p.h. and above $250

Court costs imposed under this subsection may not exceed $30.

The amount of the fine may vary from county to county in the state of Florida. Contact the Florida Clerk of the Court in the county you received the citation and they will tell you the exact amount of the fine and costs. "

from http://www.speedingticketcentral.com...ng-ticket.html
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:05 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

lol wotcha. Hows the beer?
It's British, warm and like Monica Lewinsky going down rather nicely.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:08 pm
Tool

I actually prefer the 357 (magnums of course), it's great fun at the range, and pretty accurate too for something with such a short barrel.

Will you be selling yours, or do you have the option of returning to th US in a few years?

I loved my little scandium 357. Then the missus took it and kept it as her purse gun...

I sold a couple but the others are in safe storage.

Well thats an interesting question. I suppose in theory we may have abandoned residency but since we still own property, pay tax and have bank accounts in the US is difficult to say.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.