Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Speeding Ticket - Florida

Speeding Ticket - Florida

Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:10 pm
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding Ticket - Florida

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
It's British, warm and like Monica Lewinsky going down rather nicely.
Heh. I must admit I've had samplings of my locals guest beers on more than one occaision.

Other than the beer (improvement), weather (not much of an improvement?) how are you finding life back in the mother country?
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Old William
I loved my little scandium 357. Then the missus took it and kept it as her purse gun...

I sold a couple but the others are in safe storage.

Well thats an interesting question. I suppose in theory we may have abandoned residency but since we still own property, pay tax and have bank accounts in the US is difficult to say.
You know you want to; come to the dark side...

If you do, try another state this one's getting busier by the minute.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:12 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Heh. I must admit I've had samplings of my locals guest beers on more than one occaision.

Other than the beer (improvement), weather (not much of an improvement?) how are you finding life back in the mother country?
Almost as I remember it. Swings and Roundabouts would be my best analogy, but on the whole Happy.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:16 pm
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
You know you want to; come to the dark side...

If you do, try another state this one's getting busier by the minute.

Going to sit the winter out here and take stock in the new year. We said we'd see how it pans out for 4 months or so when we made the decision, as that would give us time to see if we had really made the right move or not. ....and the winter means it's Britain with no frills.

We also said that if we returned ( to the US ) it would definitely not be Florida. Probably the Carolinas or maybe Colorado.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:17 pm
Tool

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Almost as I remember it. Swings and Roundabouts would be my best analogy, but on the whole Happy.
Funny that aint it? I expected more changes but it's pretty much as we left it. At the moment it seems we made the right choice.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Going to sit the winter out here and take stock in the new year. We said we'd see how it pans out for 4 months or so when we made the decision, as that would give us time to see if we had really made the right move or not. ....and the winter means it's Britain with no frills.

We also said that if we returned ( to the US ) it would definitely not be Florida. Probably the Carolinas or maybe Colorado.
Has your daughter started school yet?
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Good plan; I don't blame you - regarding states - it's so busy here, right now I'd be happy to move to a ranch in the middle of nowhere.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:23 pm
Tool

Originally Posted by Sally
Has your daughter started school yet?
Yep she went back the monday after we got back...and she loves it. She's on the girls footy team, the swimming team and playing badminton and christ knows what else. She's loving the work and is back with all her old mates. She's rapidly losing the Obnoxious Yank Teen attitude and as yet hasnt developed a Chavish one.

All in all, for her, the move back was the right one without a doubt. And for that reason as much as any I imagine that the final choice will be to stay here.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

Yep she went back the monday after we got back...and she loves it. She's on the girls footy team, the swimming team and playing badminton and christ knows what else. She's loving the work and is back with all her old mates. She's rapidly losing the Obnoxious Yank Teen attitude and as yet hasnt developed a Chavish one.

All in all, for her, the move back was the right one without a doubt. And for that reason as much as any I imagine that the final choice will be to stay here.
I think that will be a big part of your decision. Nothing's set in stone, though, is it?
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:27 pm
Tool

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Good plan; I don't blame you - regarding states - it's so busy here, right now I'd be happy to move to a ranch in the middle of nowhere.
It was getting getting crazy up in Ocala when we left. Another 1200 homes going up near ours and more and more being zoned every day...the whole state is in serious danger of becoming more overcrowded than England...the south already is as you know....its friggin mental down where you are.

We have mates who live in Colorado (just outside Denver) and they love it. And I have to say it is absolutely gorgeous there.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:29 pm
Tool

I think that will be a big part of your decision. Nothing's set in stone, though, is it?
Absolutely. But no its not...and it has to be a family decision whichever way it goes. We spoke with an immigrations attorney and deliberately kept the property, are still paying tax etc in the US to give us the best chance of keeping our options open (ie not lose our GC's) for the next few months.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:32 pm
Account Closed

Absolutely. But no its not...and it has to be a family decision whichever way it goes. We spoke with an immigrations attorney and deliberately kept the property, are still paying tax etc in the US to give us the best chance of keeping our options open (ie not lose our GC's) for the next few months.
Keep us posted.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:35 pm
Tool

Keep us posted.
Or mailed?
Old Nov 26th 2006, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

airborne83x is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cranners99
Going back to the original offence:

"Florida Speeding Ticket Fine
For moving violations involving unlawful speed, the Florida speeding ticket fines are as follows:

For speed exceeding the limit by:
Fine:
1-5 m.p.h. Warning
6-9 m.p.h. $ 25
10-14 m.p.h. $100
15-19 m.p.h. $125
20-29 m.p.h. $150
30 m.p.h. and above $250

Court costs imposed under this subsection may not exceed $30.

The amount of the fine may vary from county to county in the state of Florida. Contact the Florida Clerk of the Court in the county you received the citation and they will tell you the exact amount of the fine and costs. "

from http://www.speedingticketcentral.com...ng-ticket.html
thanks, thats what i wanted to know. It's my first ticket and seems like 250$ +30$ deng. When i got pulled over, I took my license right away without him asking anything and told him I AM GUILTY so he took my License and went to his vehicle. 10 Minutes later he came back with a ticket and said that I will have to wait for court date. I received only Unlawful speed on the ticket. Nothing else is written or ticked.

Plus, I do not carry a Gun or anything.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

airborne83x is an unknown quantity at this point

It was getting getting crazy up in Ocala when we left. Another 1200 homes going up near ours and more and more being zoned every day...the whole state is in serious danger of becoming more overcrowded than England...the south already is as you know....its friggin mental down where you are.

We have mates who live in Colorado (just outside Denver) and they love it. And I have to say it is absolutely gorgeous there.
Ocala? That's where we live and got Pulled over (marion County)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.