Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Price of gas update...

Price of gas update...

Old Sep 18th 2016, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price of gas update...

There's a lot of gouging going on in the Atlanta area thanks to the shortage caused by this pipeline leak. They are saying that 250,000 gallons has been lost!

One station was pictured with a price of $4.69 for regular and made it to the news. They have since dropped it back to $2.79. Many stations were completely out of gas yesterday.

I'm betting that once the problem is resolved, the prices don't drop back to where they were! Lucky I filled up on Friday at $1.88!
Old Sep 18th 2016, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody typical!!! I go to SC for the weekend to collect my new (to me) 2002 gas guzzler and the gas prices go through the roof.
$2.039 at my local on Friday afternoon, expected $1.879 at the SC 'local' near our destination. Paid $2.159 on the way up in Georgia, and the SC local was at $2.099 Saturday afternoon.
Lots of pumps bagged at the two stations we stopped at on the return journey and saw some places advertising unleaded at $2.499 beside I-95. Just filled up at my local back in FL and it was still $2.039.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 12:42 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Bloody typical!!! I go to SC for the weekend to collect my new (to me) 2002 gas guzzler and the gas prices go through the roof.
$2.039 at my local on Friday afternoon, expected $1.879 at the SC 'local' near our destination. Paid $2.159 on the way up in Georgia, and the SC local was at $2.099 Saturday afternoon.
Lots of pumps bagged at the two stations we stopped at on the return journey and saw some places advertising unleaded at $2.499 beside I-95. Just filled up at my local back in FL and it was still $2.039.
Florida gas isn't delivered through the Plantation Pipeline between Baton Rouge and DC. It runs through central Alabama, northern Georgia, upstate South Carolina, the North Carolina piedmont, and then through eastern Virginia. I don't know where gas comes from in Florida, but it isn't the pipeline that burst in Alabama.

FWIW I filled up with as much gas as I could easily get in my truck this evening (Sunday) at $2.299 , but mostly I was glad to find gas at all, as I saw one station that had sold out already on Saturday afternoon, when I wasn't out in my truck. With a bit of care I could get by for a couple of weeks without gas if I needed to.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 19th 2016 at 1:33 am.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 1:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Went from 1.05/liter (CAD$) about 10 days ago, to 1.18/liter (CAD$) last weekend, and now has settled at 1.13/liter. (CAD$)

1.05 to 1.18 was one of the biggest 1 day increases I have ever seen.

Was able to get gas before it went up to 1.18 and have been on the same tank about 10 days now, luckily we don't have to drive much.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Sep 19th 2016 at 1:32 am.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 9:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Cumbies in town went up 5c to $2.08G with their discount card. One a town over went down a couple of pennies to $1.99G.

Seem to have a range of $2.05- 2.25 for most places for the cheap stuff in the area though.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard that the pipeline issue is starting to bite in NC.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Florida gas isn't delivered through the Plantation Pipeline between Baton Rouge and DC...
Certainly isn't, hence unleaded falling by two cents overnight. $2.01 in my, Manatee county, local this morning.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 11:09 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Cumbies in town with their discount card is $2.01G this morning but most places are around $2.11 but the Mobile across the street from the bulk place is $2.35G.

There hasn't been much change in the range lately.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 11:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Florida gas isn't delivered through the Plantation Pipeline between Baton Rouge and DC. It runs through central Alabama, northern Georgia, upstate South Carolina, the North Carolina piedmont, and then through eastern Virginia. I don't know where gas comes from in Florida, but it isn't the pipeline that burst in Alabama.

FWIW I filled up with as much gas as I could easily get in my truck this evening (Sunday) at $2.299 , but mostly I was glad to find gas at all, as I saw one station that had sold out already on Saturday afternoon, when I wasn't out in my truck. With a bit of care I could get by for a couple of weeks without gas if I needed to.
After the pipeline debacle the price has drifted down slowly over the past six weeks or so, and is currently around $2.029 -$2.049 . I saw one outlier, a Shell station, when I was out and about yesterday at $1.959 , so hopefully there are more price cuts to come.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

I paid $1.859 at a station just South of Columbia SC, off I-26 on 3rd November, it was somewhat busy!!!

Held steady at $2.059 for quite a few weeks in FL but I saw $2.039 today. No doubt it will spike when I go to fill the gas guzzler later this week!
Old Nov 10th 2016, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

I will no longer be posting here, the heartbreak is too much to bear!
Old Nov 10th 2016, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by dj6372
I will no longer be posting here, the heartbreak is too much to bear!
It's just part of the price you pay for being able to cycle along the San Diego sea front.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not going to be cycling along San Diego front any time soon!!
Old Nov 17th 2016, 7:23 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

Saw $1.74 at a station in West San Antonio yesterday....
Old Nov 17th 2016, 10:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

$1.73.9 at the gas station last night. That's here in Mississippi's Gulf coast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.