British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Price of gas update... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/price-gas-update-565727/)

another bloody yank Oct 7th 2008 5:53 pm

Price of gas update...

Dropping like a rock around here... $3.09 for regular at home and $3.29 in St. Louis. It was $3.59 in STL last week. I'm filling up the pickup and all my gas cans for the two lawn tractors and big tractor tonight!:lol:

TruBrit Oct 7th 2008 5:58 pm

Re: Price of gas update...

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 6853471)
Dropping like a rock around here... $3.09 for regular at home and $3.29 in St. Louis. It was $3.59 in STL last week. I'm filling up the pickup and all my gas cans for the two lawn tractors and big tractor tonight!:lol:

cheap as chips mate, always has been ;)

MsElui Oct 7th 2008 6:02 pm

i dont notice so much - but my husband is always coming home and telling me the price he saw on the way home. It has been as high as 4.30 here but currently (when he last told me) was sitting at 3.30.

He also notices that it can change as much as 40 cents between his journey to and from work. Never noticed it leaping around so much in England. It obviously did go up but tended to creep maybe 5-6 pence a time for a litre.

paul1968mcr Oct 7th 2008 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by MsElui (Post 6853506)
i dont notice so much - but my husband is always coming home and telling me the price he saw on the way home. It has been as high as 4.30 here but currently (when he last told me) was sitting at 3.30.

He also notices that it can change as much as 40 cents between his journey to and from work. Never noticed it leaping around so much in England. It obviously did go up but tended to creep maybe 5-6 pence a time for a litre.

I thought that about the Gas price changes - but remember it's priced in Gallons here, so time litres by 3.8 then by the exchange rate - changes aint too far apart.

Its $3.57 for premium here at the moment.

another bloody yank Oct 7th 2008 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 6853492)
cheap as chips mate, always has been ;)

How much are chips?:eek:

zargof Oct 7th 2008 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 6853471)

Around here it's around 3.06, but over in Des Moines it's down to 2.93, so it's dropped about 30c in the last week. Not susprising seeing as how oil prices have plummetted in the last couple of weeks. I guess that's one good thing that has come out of this whole economic maelstrom. Prices should stay down until all the financial stuff settles down.

nethead Oct 7th 2008 6:19 pm

It's $3.15ish around here.

pgtips Oct 7th 2008 6:19 pm

Lets just hope the price of Gas drops substantially in the Uk, because across here we are being squeezed left right and centre. Everything has shot up...except salaries !!!

neil Oct 7th 2008 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by MsElui (Post 6853506)
Never noticed it leaping around so much in England. It obviously did go up but tended to creep maybe 5-6 pence a time for a litre.

In theory, because in the UK the majority of the price is tax, the effect of oil prices doesn't have such a huge impact on the increase/decrease at the pump in terms of the percentage increase in the price of petrol.

However, you seem to have used a bad example, as 5 or 6 pence per litre is basically 40 cents a gallon.

I paid $3.11 yesterday morning.

TruBrit Oct 7th 2008 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 6853534)
How much are chips?:eek:

http://www.usingenglish.com/referenc...+as+chips.html

cindyabs Oct 7th 2008 6:51 pm

Okay, y'all are still lower than us-but then we had among the highest prices after Ike-:mad:,. Now it's back down to $3.45 which is $1.00 a gal drop from 3 weeks ago.

mellybrown Oct 7th 2008 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 6853671)
Okay, y'all are still lower than us-but then we had among the highest prices after Ike-:mad:,. Now it's back down to $3.45 which is $1.00 a gal drop from 3 weeks ago.

Ye I was paying 4.50 last week and we queued for 45 mins (that was ater we found somewhere that had some!!!). Is 3.99 now - needs to keep on dropping!!!!

Jerseygirl Oct 7th 2008 6:58 pm

Under $3 in places here according to the TV.:thumbsup:

Didn't we say it would go down before the election?:sneaky:

Paul S Oct 7th 2008 7:00 pm

bout $3.15 for regular round here. I hear about 30 miles south of here its already hit $2.88:eek:

tamms_1965 Oct 7th 2008 7:01 pm

$2.95 - $3.01 here.