Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Price of gas update...

Price of gas update...

Old Jan 7th 2015, 9:52 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price of gas update...

Costco dropped another 4c today - 1.73
Old Jan 7th 2015, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

The price in San Jose hasn't moved in over a week as Brent crude dropped over $6 per barrel.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 11:19 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

If you look at the "strip" price you will see a very slow recovery, however in 2008 we got from $30 to $70 within 12 months. I believe this will be similar. I don't see anyone in Canada slowing down except in the event of specific company bankruptcy (one pretty much went that way today).

The rumour I heard today was that Saudi wanted cuts and approached Russia to match cuts. Russia refused. Iran is trying to negotiate for both to cut. I imagine Russia may make the relaxation of sanctions as a result of Crimea part of this yet.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
If you look at the "strip" price you will see a very slow recovery, however in 2008 we got from $30 to $70 within 12 months. I believe this will be similar. I don't see anyone in Canada slowing down except in the event of specific company bankruptcy (one pretty much went that way today).

The rumour I heard today was that Saudi wanted cuts and approached Russia to match cuts. Russia refused. Iran is trying to negotiate for both to cut. I imagine Russia may make the relaxation of sanctions as a result of Crimea part of this yet.
It currently has to be tough in the oil and gas industry trying to figure out what to do. These are some big numbers.

“Starting from the summer level of around $110 per barrel (for Brent), the fall to $60 is worth some $1.65-trillion, or 2 per cent of world GDP,” he said.

“A further decline to $40 would lift these figures to $2.3-trillion and 2.8 per cent, respectively. The net boost to global demand will be smaller than these numbers, as oil consumers are spenders too, but it should still be substantially positive.”

Bottom of the barrel: The fallout if oil hits $40 - The Globe and Mail
Old Jan 8th 2015, 12:12 am
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
It currently has to be tough in the oil and gas industry trying to figure out what to do. These are some big numbers.

“Starting from the summer level of around $110 per barrel (for Brent), the fall to $60 is worth some $1.65-trillion, or 2 per cent of world GDP,” he said.

“A further decline to $40 would lift these figures to $2.3-trillion and 2.8 per cent, respectively. The net boost to global demand will be smaller than these numbers, as oil consumers are spenders too, but it should still be substantially positive.”

Bottom of the barrel: The fallout if oil hits $40 - The Globe and Mail
It will for some, but not all. I work for a North America focused oil company in strategic planning for all North America assets. I have implemented multiple cuts to the capital budget, and can do more as required. It's big numbers each time. Projects are ranked on NPV/I and ROR. We reevaluate as price assumptions change. We still have economic projects.

Note that it will be really tough for some companies though.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 1:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Hit the 1.00/liter mark today. It's a catch 22 for Canada, hurts the Canadian dollar, but helps other sectors like tourism since it becomes cheaper for American again to come and visit, but of course hurts all the oil jobs.

Layoff's have started in the oil fields, and supporting industries have also started to lay off and downsize, and rents going down, so certainly not good for those provinces. But doesn't appear to be large scale considering the news only mentioned it at the end and only briefly.

BC will benefit better with a lower dollar since tourism is such a huge industry here.

They had a gas station owner on TV tonight, he is even happy to see lower prices, he is selling more gas vs last year at this time, and higher sales is putting more money into his pocket.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 1:43 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
..... They had a gas station owner on TV tonight, he is even happy to see lower prices, he is selling more gas vs last year at this time, and higher sales is putting more money into his pocket.
And you know that his cost price has fallen more than his retail price too. ....... So of course he's smiling with higher volume and higher margins!
Old Jan 8th 2015, 11:32 am
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

Back from the UK to find it at $1.959
Old Jan 8th 2015, 1:05 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheepdip
Back from the UK to find it at $1.959
Interesting, so you're still quoting exactly 20c less than the best BP price I can find it the areas of NC that I frequent.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 1:18 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Interesting, so you're still quoting exactly 20c less than the best BP price I can find it the areas of NC that I frequent.
That is weird. It's basically a huge truck stop on I-20 near where I work. The local BP has it at $1.999
Old Jan 8th 2015, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Finally sub-$2 here this morning! Several stations at $1.999
Old Jan 8th 2015, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond repute

Still hovering around $2.15 round these parts. Can't be long before we see sub-$2 also.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 3:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

An amazing $1.27 today.

Sadly this means I spend way too much money in Kroger each week
Old Jan 9th 2015, 4:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Down to 1.75 now.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

$1.89 this morning. We're headed to New Orleans for our cruise next weekend and the cheapest down there is $1.68.

Getting better. I'll bet sales of big SUVs and trucks are up!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.