Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

not used to all these bugs!

not used to all these bugs!

Old Jun 15th 2010, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light
Default not used to all these bugs!

i'm living in VA and right outside my patio doors is a small strech of grass then a little creek and a lot of big trees, so we're getting a lot of bugs on our back porch, i was wondering if anyone knew of any good ways to keep them away, we sprayed all the big spiders with bug spray the other day but more bugs seem to have appeared since then. thanks for any input.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 2:50 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: not used to all these bugs!

Originally Posted by Ja5on
i'm living in VA and right outside my patio doors is a small strech of grass then a little creek and a lot of big trees, so we're getting a lot of bugs on our back porch, i was wondering if anyone knew of any good ways to keep them away, we sprayed all the big spiders with bug spray the other day but more bugs seem to have appeared since then. thanks for any input.
move ...to a concrete jungle

or call Billy

http://www.aetv.com/billy-the-exterminator/index.jsp

Last edited by Ray; Jun 15th 2010 at 4:01 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry mate, but summer + creek + trees = bugs. Can you screen the porch?
Old Jun 15th 2010, 2:53 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

More bugs appeared because you killed all the spiders! Spiders are good......they eat the other things.......

Go to your local Home Depot or Lowe's and look for some bug foggers. Not expensive, and an easy way to keep most things away.

~SecretGarden
Old Jun 15th 2010, 2:55 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Bug zapper. Blue light of death. Home Dept et al.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 3:27 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Clark pest control, he'll poison the lot on a regular basis for a fee.
He comes to us for the scorpions and ants, other than that we live with the bugs, Dd thinks they are cute and plays with them, cheap friends and you don't have to feed them.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 3:48 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I've used Ortho Home Defense Max Insect Killer around my house and it seems to do the job though our biggest problem was ants. You can spray it on the bugs to kill them or spray around the house to keep them out. It also says it doesn't work on brown recluses and black widows but the buggers I sprayed did very good impressions of dead spiders. I don;t think it will help if your bugs are the flying kind though.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
I've used Ortho Home Defense Max Insect Killer around my house and it seems to do the job though our biggest problem was ants. You can spray it on the bugs to kill them or spray around the house to keep them out. It also says it doesn't work on brown recluses and black widows but the buggers I sprayed did very good impressions of dead spiders. I don;t think it will help if your bugs are the flying kind though.
I've used that too and it seems to help stop creepy-crawly type bugs from getting into the house. I use it outside and inside every few months.
I get a lot of fire-ants in the back garden and those are a pain to get rid of - they just seem to move from mound to mound.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
We used that too, within a day or two of moving into the house last week, the last two days or so, we have found sickly looking cockroaches wandering through the living room! I'm hoping it does kill black widows and brown recluses, our neighbor says they can be a regular visitor around here!

We have loads of those irritating 'no-seeums' but not so many mozzies, I think it's too hot for them!
Old Jun 15th 2010, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
move ...to a concrete jungle

or call Billy

http://www.aetv.com/billy-the-exterminator/index.jsp
Doesn't help... I pretty much live in the concrete jungle and I still get bugs. I am thinking of showering in Off every, I am so sick of the skeeter bites, I reacte so badly to them
Old Jun 15th 2010, 6:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Your town might spray the area, especially if you have standing water nearby, or kids.

Or just have a screened in porch.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

http://doyourownpestcontrol.com/
Old Jun 15th 2010, 7:00 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

the water moccasin is the only real problem
Old Jun 15th 2010, 7:19 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Don't kill the spiders! They're your friends.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Don't kill the spiders! They're your friends.
And if they bite you, you become Spiderman! Coool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.