Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

not used to all these bugs!

not used to all these bugs!

Old Jul 1st 2010, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: not used to all these bugs!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I think roaches and large bugs are a part of life anywhere with a hot climate...that's what is putting me off living in Florida, Carolinas, Georgia etc.
Since we got here, I have completely surrounded the house (inside/out) with the ortho home defense sparay, We haven't had too many bugs inside the house, although we have had about three roaches crawl across the lounge carpet on three different nights I'm thinking, that since they were out in the open, they were already dying and hopefuly were already inside the house before we moved in!...Seen nothing in the last week or so and with the heat/humidity being so high, the mozzies are not even around too much.

Loving the lizards frogs and squirrels though! We even have an alligator in the pond across the street!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

funkybubbles is an unknown quantity at this point

Ooooh heck really!
Thanks
Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Ask what bugs you won't likey run into the list might be shorter.

Last year when we were in Las Vegas we were walking down the strip and stopped in a side street (not an alley, just smaller side street) so we could look at a map. There was a planter with a brick wall around it, as we had stopped for a min I sat down on the wall... there was probably 50 or more cockroaches that scurried way, I literally screamed like a 3 year old. In Michigan you are seen as dirty if you have roaches, on the west coast I guess they are a part of life.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

funkybubbles is an unknown quantity at this point

Im not moving to Australia now,but thanks!!!
How welcoming!
Originally Posted by Ginblossom
Different ones from Australia as per your other post.