Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Michael Jackson - Trial should be stopped..

Michael Jackson - Trial should be stopped..

Old Apr 21st 2005, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Jackson - Trial should be stopped..

Originally Posted by Manc
it's not against the law to be a lunatic.
It is if you endanger your children.

I mean, I support Stockport county...........I'd be in broadmoor otherwise
LOL... you nut
Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:50 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

I think he's innocent. This whole thing reminds me of those old movies of the mob chasing Frankenstein's monster through the streets to destroy him just because he's different. I think the mother is an evil monster and has no shame at all.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rockgurl
I think he's innocent. This whole thing reminds me of those old movies of the mob chasing Frankenstein's monster through the streets to destroy him just because he's different. I think the mother is an evil monster and has no shame at all.
Probably been said before...but there ain't smoke without fire... At first i thought he was just wierd, and I swung towards the innocent....But I think as time goes by and the evidence mounts.....He's Guilty....A shame really.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 9:19 am
Franklin

What are the legal arguments for stopping the trial? I didn't see any legal arguments in the Fox news article.

Jackson is facing several charges (counts).

The mother (Janet Arvizo) is a witness, it's the jury's job to decide the veracity, or lack thereof, of Janet Arvizo's testimony. I agree that she is an awful witness for the prosecution, but the charges against Jackson are many and varied. The jury is hearing all the evidence for and against Michael Jackson. The jury is there to sort through the chaff and reach a verdict on each count.

I also think that the ex-employees' testimony is tainted with motives to get back at Jackson. I also thought Jackson was innocent, but I am very troubled by the $20 million payout, and the testimony of the mother of the boy who received that payout. If the jury finds that evidence compelling, then this could certainly hurt Jackson's defense and Michael might well be found guilty on at least one count. It only takes one guilty verdict on one count to send Jackson to jail, and Jackson is facing several counts/charges.

Like it or not, but there is plenty of evidence to enable the jury to find Jackson guilty on at least one count. Bottom line: it's down to the jury.

Originally Posted by franc111s
Ok, I'm going out on a limb here and am ready be be flamed but this is getting to me now.

I do not dispute for one second that Jackson is strange but I do not believe for one second he is a pervert or child molester. If I did, I'd put him in jail forever and throw away the key.

This prosecutor should be thrown in jail for wasting MILLIONS of taxpayer dollars.

Did any of you read this story : End this trial

It about sums it up. The best the DA came up with yesterday was to call a policeman that said he was told to not let the children leave the property - under cross examination he said they were told no children were allowed to leave the property - DER !! Do they think we are stuipid. To put this guy on the stand added NOTHING so why waste their time.

The mother and child (that poor child - I really feel sorry for him with a mother like that) both testified under Oath and admitted they lied.

The photograph of her having been beaten up by the JC. Penny security guards (in the middle of the Mall I might add after they were all caught shop-lifting) was also a farce., turns out there will be evidence to proof the picture was taking a long time after the crime and it was her husband who gave her the bruises. The police mug shot pictures shot right after the supposed "beating" show no bruises or blood !!! She only sued JC Penny ONE YEAR LATER !!! Shame on JC Penny for paying these people $150k but then the family did lie under Oath to get it.

My real point is this, the DA has been trying to get Jackson locked up for 10 years and this is all he has !! Even his friend McCauly Caulkin is going to testify - for the defence !! I just hope it puts an end to this farce and soon.

Old Apr 21st 2005, 9:25 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Franklin
What are the legal arguments for stopping the trial? I didn't see any legal arguments in the Fox news article. <<snip>>
Did you honestly expect to see any? It was a Fox piece for goodness sake!

NC Penguin
Old Apr 21st 2005, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Guelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rockgurl

I can't honestly say whether I think MJ is guilty or innocent, the accuser and the accused will be the only ones who ever know the real truth ... BUT I really do hope that he is innocent.

What I can't deal with is the prospect of him being found guilty if there isn't any hard evidence ... if it's simply a case of 'he said, she said' then I don't think he should be found guilty.

Where there are high profile/wealthy people ... there will also be certain low profile/poor people hoping to cash in. I don't think anyone could deny that this particular family raise doubts as to what their motives may be.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 10:42 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

That's the problem, he's so weird people do expect him to a paedo - even when they are not following the case....
erm...how do you account for the fact that several boys have come forward to say he molested them? Jackson IS a child molester and should be thrown in jail ...why should money and fame let another guilty criminal free?
Old Apr 21st 2005, 10:49 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

it's not against the law to be a lunatic.

I mean, I support Stockport county...........I'd be in broadmoor otherwise
now thats a brave man who admits that........county have done well,they started with nothing and they've kept most of it and at least it means cheaper tickets next season
Old Apr 21st 2005, 11:26 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonni boy
now thats a brave man who admits that........county have done well,they started with nothing and they've kept most of it and at least it means cheaper tickets next season
Cruel....but they did gain a lower division
Old Apr 21st 2005, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

In this case, there's just no evidence at all....
I can't agree with that. People have come forward to attest to various alleged acts of child molestation by MJ. Whether you believe them or not is another matter but they are giving evidence nonetheless.

I personally feel that the child's mother is one dodgy bird, however the prosecution has been successful in demonstrating a pattern of abuse going back over the years. The huge payout that was made to one of the boys does beg the question - if you were innocent why would you fork out $20m?

As for the question, well why didn't somebody tell MJ after he had forked out all the dosh - 'don't do it again'? Well you only have to look as far as Gary Glitter - once out of prison he went to live in the far east with his houseboys. Some habits die hard.

I think he won't get away with a complete acquittal, despite his very brilliant lawyer. However, if I was on the jury, no kidding, I'd have some concerns about my personal safety if I convicted. Nonetheless I think that he is guilty and I think some of the charges will stick.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 2:44 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Innocent. This is America folks. People will do anything for money.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I liked the version they had on The Today Show with Jon Stewart. Reporter interviewing black woman about her favourite jacko song & then asks.....
" So which hand do you think he used to jerk the kids off ? "

The look on her face was priceless.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
erm...how do you account for the fact that several boys have come forward to say he molested them? Jackson IS a child molester and should be thrown in jail ...why should money and fame let another guilty criminal free?
I agree with you.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 11:33 pm
ImHere

Anyone can be accused of anything. If I had a grudge against someone then there would be nothing to stop me getting some people together and fabricating some stories. Theres plenty of people will do that for you for the right cash. And it does happen. Thats why you have to have cold hard evidence to convict someone. Witnesses are notoriously unreliable and conviction by witness testimony alone is an unsafe comviction.

Old Apr 22nd 2005, 12:46 am
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

If Jackson was a man (who is nearing 50) living on an estate somewhere in the UK and was behaving with children in the manner he does public opinion would be different - its only because he has money and fame and spin doctors that people are even suggesting that he is innocent.

It is not normal for someone to behave like that - whether he thinks he is 12 or not - if he behaved like that and thought himself to have a mental age of 12 he should be sectioned. If its a lie and he really does know his correct age - he should be jailed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.