Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Internet relationship--wanting to marry

Internet relationship--wanting to marry

Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet relationship--wanting to marry

webcams OMG I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT (snigger) !

kissalicious where the hell did u come up with that name, lol, makes me think of .. oh never mind. I think she knows were just worried about her. there are some pretty ruthless men out there, and England got its fair share of them too.

I just dont want her falling flat on her face. And i know how much people work here just to survive, and have that jeopordised from someone is a frightening thought. Just take care. Do what u think is right.

Aerlingus - do they have tvs in the seats? I use air france a lot. Hate changing at Paris but the service, the food, and the comfort is first class. Delta on the other hand is like getting on a double decker bus in london - DISGUSTING.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
webcams OMG I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT (snigger) !

kissalicious where the hell did u come up with that name, lol, makes me think of .. oh never mind. I think she knows were just worried about her. there are some pretty ruthless men out there, and England got its fair share of them too.

I just dont want her falling flat on her face. And i know how much people work here just to survive, and have that jeopordised from someone is a frightening thought. Just take care. Do what u think is right.

Aerlingus - do they have tvs in the seats? I use air france a lot. Hate changing at Paris but the service, the food, and the comfort is first class. Delta on the other hand is like getting on a double decker bus in london - DISGUSTING.
Hmm I don't know about TVs in the seat - I'll ask him. I seem to recall him talking about watching films or something. We've never had any serious trouble with him visiting, but it sure is nice to know when he gets on the plane that all's clear.

You know, speaking if kissalicious, yep quite a name, I bet he would set off red flags at entry - coming over here having just quit job and given up his home? He just might have some trouble.

Yep, webcams rule.

DeeDee you are too funny! Whereabouts are you anyway?
Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:24 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

I met my INTERNET stalker on line...nice Brit guy..we talk as friends for 2 years...about home and his girlfriend problems...then one day I found out he was telling everyone he loved me and that when I visited the UK he was going to get me to leave my hubby and kids and marry him I also found it a bit strange how he started following his then ex girlfriend everwhere....when I questioned him about both things..all hell broke lose and he turned into a monster...we had to get the police in both countries involved...not that they could do a lot...I still have the problem 5 years later...but he has backed off a lot...I've always had guys as friends...never a problem....never thought for one min my life could change because of some wacko guy three thousand miles away....
Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
I met my INTERNET stalker on line...nice Brit guy..we talk as friends for 2 years...about home and his girlfriend problems...then one day I found out he was telling everyone he loved me and that when I visited the UK he was going to get me to leave my hubby and kids and marry him I also found it a bit strange how he started following his then ex girlfriend everwhere....when I questioned him about both things..all hell broke lose and he turned into a monster...we had to get the police in both countries involved...not that they could do a lot...I still have the problem 5 years later...but he has backed off a lot...I've always had guys as friends...never a problem....never thought for one min my life could change because of some wacko guy three thousand miles away....
My word, how awful for you. Just wondering, what can he do from that far away? Although for you to be so upset, he must have figured out something pretty bad.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kissalicious1975
So if we went the K-1 route, how long would he have to go back home for, roughly?
The K-1 is usually a tad shorter processing than the spouse immigrant visa. But I would still plan on a 6 to 10 month (maybe more, maybe less) wait for either one of them. You never know what could cause a delay in processing. Service centers backlog changes, London embassy backlog, security checks, etc.

The question is, would you rather spend your time separated as an engaged couple or a married couple? The choice is yours.

Rene
Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The K-1 is usually a tad shorter processing than the spouse immigrant visa. But I would still plan on a 6 to 10 month (maybe more, maybe less) wait for either one of them. You never know what could cause a delay in processing. Service centers backlog changes, London embassy backlog, security checks, etc.

The question is, would you rather spend your time separated as an engaged couple or a married couple? The choice is yours.

Rene
Well yes, they could marry while he was over here. They weren't initially planning on him returning home though.

Our lawyer told us K-1 was the better choice, they sometimes found it presumtous for couples to go ahead and marry. Not that it doesn't work of course.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Kiss,

You might want to read this link which describes the stipulations of using the VWP: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id...us/vwp/vwp.xml

Rene
Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:53 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
My word, how awful for you. Just wondering, what can he do from that far away? Although for you to be so upset, he must have figured out something pretty bad.
We were friends enough to send Christmas cards...birthdays cards...so he knows where I live...and I found out from other friends in our group that he was planning a trip to the USA..he sent me an e-mail saying he was going to turn up on my doorstep...I did talk to the cops in both countries at that time and he never came over...
Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by krizzy
We were friends enough to send Christmas cards...birthdays cards...so he knows where I live...and I found out from other friends in our group that he was planning a trip to the USA..he sent me an e-mail saying he was going to turn up on my doorstep...I did talk to the cops in both countries at that time and he never came over...
Yikes yikes yikes yikes. I had a local stalker once, who actually pounded on the door. Terrifying. I'm glad it's better for you now.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:57 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Yikes yikes yikes yikes. I had a local stalker once, who actually pounded on the door. Terrifying. I'm glad it's better for you now.
Joycee had two when I met her .....
One got the message ...

The other commited suicide after a few stints in jail ...
shot himself in the back of the head 11 times ...
with a six shooter ...
Old Mar 18th 2007, 3:12 pm
Sapphyre

On Mar 18, 8:40 am, Tracym <[email protected]> wrote:
> Actually, he has never been questioned in Dublin regarding the route,
> and has done it a number of times. If asked, he would simply say -
> just in case of any problem, I'd rather know before I got on the plane
> and go home.

In Canada, we always preclear before boarding to the US, so I
understand about preclearance facilities... in my case, I'd preclear
before going anywhere (no hop flight to the airport where I preclear,
so if the ticket is refundable, I'm off the hook and can drive home in
two hours).

In the case of Kissalicious' boyfriend, if he's questioned he should
say, "I've never left the UK or travelled on a plane for such a long
distance, I'm nervous because I don't know what to expect." If he goes
to secondary, he won't talk to the same officer in the PIL and
Secondary screening, and any normal person would understand that a
first time flyer/traveller will be nervous.

Way back when... after probably the second long distance bus trip I
took, I was asked (by Customs) why the bus? Isn't it the same cost to
fly? (give or take...) I knew that saying things like, "the bus is
more affordable" would not be a good answer, because I've done both,
and the bus does cost the same when you factor in meals, possible
overnight stops, etc. I like to buy tons of souvenirs, and I spent $50
in Kansas alone on my last trip. (never been through there). I just
told customs that flying makes me nervous, and I like to see all the
changing scenery because I like that sort of thing... good enough
reason for them. He asked if I get off the bus to sleep, and I told
him after about 24 hours, I'm so darned tired that having a bed to
sleep in doesn't matter anymore.

Although I discovered on my last trip... I'm too old for that kind of
travel anymore... I spent four days on Greyhound this summer, that was
enough for me!

anyway, I'm sure a lot of brits fly through Dublin for preclearance,
I'm sure it's no big deal.

If it makes Kissalicious feel any better, when I got grilled in
Detroit the Customs guy (it was still two agencies back then) asked
"why are you so anxious?" I told him I was afraid he was going to deny
me entry, and it was stressing me out. I guess what he expected a
smuggler/liar to do is deny being nervous when it was visibly obvious,
but I levelled with the guy that he was making me feel really self-
conscious, and he cut me a break.

S.

Old Mar 18th 2007, 3:12 pm
Banned

kissalicious1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Kiss,

You might want to read this link which describes the stipulations of using the VWP: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id...us/vwp/vwp.xml

Rene
I must say, the majority of people on here have been very helpful and informative. I would welcome any stories of personal experiences....especially from guys attempting to come to Kentucky from the UK, however, i'd still enjoy hearing any story, especially positive ones...
Old Mar 18th 2007, 3:15 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kissalicious1975
I must say, the majority of people on here have been very helpful and informative. I would welcome any stories of personal experiences....especially from guys attempting to come to Kentucky from the UK, however, i'd still enjoy hearing any story, especially positive ones...
Doing it the right way ..is always positive ..
the failures of course never come back to tell ...
Old Mar 18th 2007, 3:17 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Now a local one would scare me...

You think you know someone well by chatting to them for a long time...he was a bit pompus...always right you know the sort.. but I never thought he was that odd ...others saw it before me...but I was kind and found it hard to drop him until I found out he was so called' in love 'with me....then I just left the group for a few years...and had to read all the crap he was writing about me on public boards for the next 2 years...went back kicked his ass online....and he stopped....I still keep an eye on him....and just say hi to keep him happy every few months if my name comes up....but I think its near enough over now....
Old Mar 18th 2007, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray
Joycee had two when I met her .....
One got the message ...

The other commited suicide after a few stints in jail ...
shot himself in the back of the head 11 times ...
with a six shooter ...
Talented fellow - contortionist and....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.