Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I want to move to Clearwater, Tampa or Orlando Florida. Help!

I want to move to Clearwater, Tampa or Orlando Florida. Help!

Old Mar 22nd 2016, 7:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to move to Clearwater, Tampa or Orlando Florida. Help

Originally Posted by Mai838
Hi nutmeg, I did look at Europe before USA. I wasn't too keen on having to learn a new language and worries of getting ripped off. ...
Spanish would be helpful if you got a place in Florida.

Just as much chance of getting ripped off here than any where.

Also, large chunks of Europe where the natives speak very good English, so language won't be a problem. Most of the Scandinavian countries, Netherlands, Belgium etc.

Another option might be some countries in south America, where a lot have retirement type visas with a low cost of living. Uruguay and the likes. Would probably have different worries though.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Mai838 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I want to move to Clearwater, Tampa or Orlando Florida. Help!

Originally Posted by Wintersong
To clarify, the Carolinas are 2 states - North and South Carolina. Charlotte is a city in North Carolina. If you flew to Charlotte, you'd be in the Carolinas. Whereabouts you were living in the Carolinas would determine which airport you'd fly into and how far you'd have to drive to get home from the airport.
That's so clear now. Thank you wintersong
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 7:56 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Hi nutmeg, I did look at Europe before USA. I wasn't too keen on having to learn a new language and worries of getting ripped off. Lol. Yes, it is easier to get to though. That's true no visa problems. So do you all kind of regret buying a place in Florida or USA then and did you all find out these problems or restrictions when you arrived there?

I don't live in FL -- not my kind of place. And I had a job and a visa long before I had a house in the US.

I can promise you, you are as likely to get "ripped off" in the US as you are anywhere else in the world.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 8:07 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Do they give you a parachute if you want to hop off as you pass over Jacksonville?
Only if you purchased the DB Cooper package deal.
Ah, so I'd fly to Charlotte which is city then I'd still have to drive to Carolinas which is a trek... Urg...
Charlotte is IN North Carolina, but very close to the SC state line. But from Charlotte you can probably drive 4-5 hours west or 6-7 hours east without leaving the state.

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 22nd 2016 at 8:24 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 8:12 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
Spanish would be helpful if you got a place in Florida.

Just as much chance of getting ripped off here than any where.

Also, large chunks of Europe where the natives speak very good English, so language won't be a problem. Most of the Scandinavian countries, Netherlands, Belgium etc.

Another option might be some countries in south America, where a lot have retirement type visas with a low cost of living. Uruguay and the likes. Would probably have different worries though.
😫😩😫 I don't want those places 😤😰😥
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Charlotte in IN North Carolina, but very close to the SC state line. But from Charlotte you can probably drive 4-5 hours west or 6-7 hours east without leaving the state.
That's way too much! Haha!
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
I don't live in FL -- not my kind of place. And I had a job and a visa long before I had a house in the US.

I can promise you, you are as likely to get "ripped off" in the US as you are anywhere else in the world.
Yes true. I was thinking the language issue. You know not understanding what they are saying. The plumber for example lol...
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 8:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

That's way too much! Haha!
I didn't say you had to drive that far.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

I didn't say you had to drive that far.
Oh sorry. I thought you said it takes 4 hours west and 7 hours east from Charlotte to get to carolinas. I'm confused. Lol.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Mar 22nd 2016, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Boiler
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 9:43 pm

Wouldn't it have been more use if it actually showed Charlotte?

Charlotte is close to the centre of the map, just south of the P in Piemont, pretty much where it says "L Wylie".
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it would be more use if a Mod edited the thread title.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 9:46 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't see Waltons Mountain on the map!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.