Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Finally!!! An interview. Wahoo!!!

Wikiposts

Finally!!! An interview. Wahoo!!!

Old Jul 13th 2005, 9:36 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally!!! An interview. Wahoo!!!

UPDATE:

Well, after chasing up the job in Smyrna, I was told that they hadn't made a decision yet, so I thought, SCREW THEM!!!!

But then things took a funny turn this week.

Monday was finger print day again in South Carolina. Three hours there and three hours back. Was a nice trip but the roads were really boring and there were cops everywhere. Mainly on motor cycles and I thought I was stuck in an episode of CHiPs.

Ten minutes in the UCIS building and then headed home.

Get in and checked e-mails and there was an e-mail from another company I had applied for in Augusta, Ga. They wanted to know what my salary range was as they thought I was over qualified for the position and were scared I would ask too much. Who me????

Anyway, sent a reply with my range and within two minutes the phone rang. My range was too low, up it. Okay, how about......this???

Yep, come for an interview tomorrow at 1:00pm.

So, emptied my immigration documents from my lap top bag and stuffed it with resume and other related materials.

Next day, took another nice trip (even more boring roads) up to Augusta.

Interview went well and I clicked with the VP for IT (love those abbreviations) and she said I was perfect. Then sat down with one of the IT guys and we clicked as well. Everything went very well.

Left the office feeling pretty confident but a little skeptical after recent experiences.

Got home, sent a nice thank you e-mail to the VP for IT (those abbreviations again) and also let her know that if there is an issue with the background checks, I have a police report from the UK that proves I have nothing bad in the UK either incase there was a concern.

So went to sleep, woke up, installed some new music studio equipment today and then went to the liquor store.

Got back and there was a message for me on the answering machine to call the office. So I called them back.

They only offered me the job

So, as of today, I am finally employed.

There is still the background check hurdle to get over and I have been summoned to a drug screening on Friday (will Vodka and Red Bull be dangerous tonight????), but I will hopefully be starting on the 1st of August.

Finally, it's all fallen in to place. And boy, has it been a tough ride.

So, tonight I will be celebrating and then I will be house hunting for the move to the Augusta area.

I'm not sure if I'll be back on here permanently as I have a lot to do in the next month so my time is limited. I have a new album coming out (sorry about promoting it here), I have new music equipment to play around with and then we have the Green Card interview on the 25th. After things have settled down, I may be back to make a regular appearance.

Thanks to those that have sent me karma from this thread, I truly have become a karma whore at last, LOL.

Take care guys and see you after I get to Augusta.

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 13th 2005, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind

There is still the background check hurdle to get over and I have been summoned to a drug screening on Friday (will Vodka and Red Bull be dangerous tonight????), but I will hopefully be starting on the 1st of August.

So, tonight I will be celebrating and then I will be house hunting for the move to the Augusta area.

I'm not sure if I'll be back on here permanently as I have a lot to do in the next month so my time is limited. I have a new album coming out (sorry about promoting it here), I have new music equipment to play around with and then we have the Green Card interview on the 25th. After things have settled down, I may be back to make a regular appearance.

Thanks to those that have sent me karma from this thread, I truly have become a karma whore at last, LOL.

Woohooo indeed.

Congratulations Rincewind, there were many people who were asking after you whilst you were absent so it's nice to know everything is going well.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 9:42 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE:

That's brilliant

really pleased for you.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 9:42 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

whoo hoo!! that's fantastic news!! big congrats!!! (I'll karma you tomorrow cos I've been informed that I'm currently firing blanks )
Old Jul 13th 2005, 9:44 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

UPDATE:

Well, after chasing up the job in Smyrna, I was told that they hadn't made a decision yet, so I thought, SCREW THEM!!!!

But then things took a funny turn this week.

Monday was finger print day again in South Carolina. Three hours there and three hours back. Was a nice trip but the roads were really boring and there were cops everywhere. Mainly on motor cycles and I thought I was stuck in an episode of CHiPs.

Ten minutes in the UCIS building and then headed home.

Get in and checked e-mails and there was an e-mail from another company I had applied for in Augusta, Ga. They wanted to know what my salary range was as they thought I was over qualified for the position and were scared I would ask too much. Who me????

Anyway, sent a reply with my range and within two minutes the phone rang. My range was too low, up it. Okay, how about......this???

Yep, come for an interview tomorrow at 1:00pm.

So, emptied my immigration documents from my lap top bag and stuffed it with resume and other related materials.

Next day, took another nice trip (even more boring roads) up to Augusta.

Interview went well and I clicked with the VP for IT (love those abbreviations) and she said I was perfect. Then sat down with one of the IT guys and we clicked as well. Everything went very well.

Left the office feeling pretty confident but a little skeptical after recent experiences.

Got home, sent a nice thank you e-mail to the VP for IT (those abbreviations again) and also let her know that if there is an issue with the background checks, I have a police report from the UK that proves I have nothing bad in the UK either incase there was a concern.

So went to sleep, woke up, installed some new music studio equipment today and then went to the liquor store.

Got back and there was a message for me on the answering machine to call the office. So I called them back.

great stuff Rinchie - take care and remember -"hello Cleveland ..."
Old Jul 13th 2005, 9:45 am
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and good luck with the move
Old Jul 13th 2005, 9:47 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

But can I celebrate before the drug screening on Friday????

Got the Vodka and Red Bull ready to go.......

Old Jul 13th 2005, 9:54 am
Adopt me????!!!!!

serdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud of

So I guess you got it eh?
Old Jul 13th 2005, 9:54 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Genuinely pleased for you Rince, well done!!! Please keep posting on here, I always enjoy reading your posts, and get your lovely wife back on too!!!!!
Old Jul 13th 2005, 9:58 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

get ****ing hammered - shave you head and take iluvabrits piss with you
Old Jul 13th 2005, 10:06 am
ImHere

Good job matey. You sure as hell deserve a break. Funny how things can come from the most unexpected directions. I shall get you a celebratory pint or several when we are up in Georgia,

Old Jul 13th 2005, 10:34 am
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

What brilliant news!!!! I'm so pleased for you and your wife. You must be feeling over the moon.

It just shows - you never know what is just around the corner - sometimes it's something GOOD!!
Old Jul 13th 2005, 10:40 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! This is wondeful news.

As for the Red Bull, don't know if it would screw up your drug screeening. Poppy seeds certainly would. Wouldn't it be better to celebrate after the screening any way?

NC Penguin
Old Jul 13th 2005, 10:45 am
Franklin

UPDATE:

*snip*

*snip*
CONGRATS!

Old Jul 13th 2005, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Rince!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.