Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Finally!!! An interview. Wahoo!!!

Wikiposts

Finally!!! An interview. Wahoo!!!

Old Jul 13th 2005, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally!!! An interview. Wahoo!!!

Originally Posted by rincewind
But can I celebrate before the drug screening on Friday????

Got the Vodka and Red Bull ready to go.......

Wonderful news. As I said never give up hope. Well done and have one on me.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 11:21 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one matey...told you you'd get it
pressures on me now *lol*
Old Jul 13th 2005, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Glad to hear that things are going great for you.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Jul 13th 2005, 5:19 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE:

Well, after chasing up the job in Smyrna, I was told that they hadn't made a decision yet, so I thought, SCREW THEM!!!!

But then things took a funny turn this week.

Monday was finger print day again in South Carolina. Three hours there and three hours back. Was a nice trip but the roads were really boring and there were cops everywhere. Mainly on motor cycles and I thought I was stuck in an episode of CHiPs.

Ten minutes in the UCIS building and then headed home.

Get in and checked e-mails and there was an e-mail from another company I had applied for in Augusta, Ga. They wanted to know what my salary range was as they thought I was over qualified for the position and were scared I would ask too much. Who me????

Anyway, sent a reply with my range and within two minutes the phone rang. My range was too low, up it. Okay, how about......this???

Yep, come for an interview tomorrow at 1:00pm.

So, emptied my immigration documents from my lap top bag and stuffed it with resume and other related materials.

Next day, took another nice trip (even more boring roads) up to Augusta.

Interview went well and I clicked with the VP for IT (love those abbreviations) and she said I was perfect. Then sat down with one of the IT guys and we clicked as well. Everything went very well.

Left the office feeling pretty confident but a little skeptical after recent experiences.

Got home, sent a nice thank you e-mail to the VP for IT (those abbreviations again) and also let her know that if there is an issue with the background checks, I have a police report from the UK that proves I have nothing bad in the UK either incase there was a concern.

So went to sleep, woke up, installed some new music studio equipment today and then went to the liquor store.

Got back and there was a message for me on the answering machine to call the office. So I called them back.

They only offered me the job

So, as of today, I am finally employed.

There is still the background check hurdle to get over and I have been summoned to a drug screening on Friday (will Vodka and Red Bull be dangerous tonight????), but I will hopefully be starting on the 1st of August.

Finally, it's all fallen in to place. And boy, has it been a tough ride.

So, tonight I will be celebrating and then I will be house hunting for the move to the Augusta area.

I'm not sure if I'll be back on here permanently as I have a lot to do in the next month so my time is limited. I have a new album coming out (sorry about promoting it here), I have new music equipment to play around with and then we have the Green Card interview on the 25th. After things have settled down, I may be back to make a regular appearance.

Thanks to those that have sent me karma from this thread, I truly have become a karma whore at last, LOL.

Take care guys and see you after I get to Augusta.

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well done Rince,
I've been reliably informed that all this shit builds character. All part of life's rich tapestry.
I'm happy for you, you deserve it.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 5:43 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Well done Rince,
I've been reliably informed that all this shit builds character. All part of life's rich tapestry.
I'm happy for you, you deserve it.
Anything happening with you at the moment? I've been on the dark side of the moon for a while and not sure what everyone's up to
Old Jul 13th 2005, 5:47 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

And thing happening with you at the moment? I've been on the dark side of the moon for a while and not sure what everyone's up to
Still looking, I've applied for 80 jobs so far. There have been other developments on a personal level that will influence my decisions. All will be revealed - how's that for a cliffhanger?
You're up late, enjoying the last days of freedom no doubt?
Old Jul 13th 2005, 6:04 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
You're up late, enjoying the last days of freedom no doubt?
House hunting online
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:28 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

BIG congrats to you! I am truly delighted for you! Persistance pays off.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 8:01 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amy
Old Jul 14th 2005, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

So nice to see your good news, made up for you mate
Old Jul 14th 2005, 12:24 am
~ Mr & Mrs ~

mvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant future

Congrats from both of us!! The roller coaster ride from hell has paid off! We've enjoyed our stay in Augusta, and as long as you can put up with crap local radio, you'll be fine Hey, if you guys see anything interesting from your online house search and want us to check it out - digi photos, neighborhood info, closest liquor store - let us know.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 1:13 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Rince! Glad that after such a long struggle things are paying off a last.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

welykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant future

Congratulations, good things come to those who wait
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:53 am

Neathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations, Rincewind! I've been following your posts and am glad that things have worked out for you. Best of luck on your new job!

Sara

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.