Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Finally!!! An interview. Wahoo!!!

Wikiposts

Finally!!! An interview. Wahoo!!!

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 1:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally!!! An interview. Wahoo!!!

Originally Posted by snowbunny
The nice thing about being a web designer is that you could send them an HTML thank you note (CSS optional).
I would refuse to hire someone if they did that, even if they were way more qualified than everyone else.
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 2:01 am
This board is shite

ScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: Finally!!! An interview. Wahoo!!!

Originally Posted by Franklin
On my way back going South on I-285, I saw a blue Mini with the Union Jack on the roof. Dude, I pulled along side you, honked my horn and waved yet you still ignored me. One of the rules of being a Mini driver is to wave to other owners.
Jeez, sounds like me but it wasn't in this case! Not unless it also had a Jack in the Box ping-pong ball head thing stuck on it's an antenna and a 'Rednecks: Please don't shoot me I support the NRA honest' bumper sticker.

Last edited by ScotsmanInTexas; Jun 23rd 2005 at 2:03 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 3:43 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I would refuse to hire someone if they did that, even if they were way more qualified than everyone else.
Damn it. And I just sent 12 roses and a box of choccies
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 3:43 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mvjenno
Sending best wishes your way, Rincewind. We'll be nearly neighbours if you move to Smyrna, as we're relocating SW Atlanta in August
Where abouts in Ga are you now??
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 4:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
Damn it. And I just sent 12 roses and a box of choccies
I'm glued to my PC waiting to hear if you got it or not! I still have my fingers crossed.
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 4:32 am
~ Mr & Mrs ~

mvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant future

Where abouts in Ga are you now??
Augusta...it's a happenin' place (cough)
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 4:36 am
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by mvjenno
Augusta...it's a happenin' place (cough)
We went to Augusta mall a while ago. Wanted to check out the Fredericks of Hollywood store .....it was.....er......small, lol.

You're not too far away. Anytime you fancy meeting up with a fellow Brit for a touch of sanity (or insanity, depending on how you view me), let me know. It will be a nice ride up in the Mini.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 9:40 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Finally!!! An interview. Wahoo!!!

I should hear back tomorrow or Friday.
I've been keeping my fingers crossed for you today......any news yet?
Old Jun 24th 2005, 9:45 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I've been keeping my fingers crossed for you today......any news yet?
What a relief it will be for him if he does get the job *crosses fingers*

Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:22 am
You Are All Diseased

UPDATE

Keep biting those nails and crossing those fingers.

I called the company back today and at the moment they are still making a decision. Apparently there were a few applicants and it's made the decision tougher.

So, nothing yet but but at least it's still up in the air.

Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light

UPDATE

I called the company back today and at the moment they are still making a decision. Apparently there were a few applicants and it's made the decision tougher.

Hang on in there...we're rooting for you!!
Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:25 am
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by Big Vern
Hang on in there...we're rooting for you!!
I don't think my colon can take it
Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:35 am
ImHere

And you calling them put you back in their minds. Always a good thing in these instances.

Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

UPDATE

my fingers have cramp - if that's possible
Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:37 am
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
my fingers have cramp - if that's possible
I've had cramp in my hands before, but not from crossing fingers

Well, the real reason is using a mouse all day. I upgraded to a Tablet and haven't had RSI since. Best $80 spent

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.