Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Evolution...new poll

Evolution...new poll

Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:52 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Evolution...new poll

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN

sorry, but i can;t stand people who profess to be so into the church and christianity (or any other religion) who then ........................ drive drunk, embezzle/cheat people etc
Ah the old 'do we trust Catholic priests' debate
Old Oct 25th 2005, 11:01 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
He's from Connecticut.
And?
Old Oct 25th 2005, 11:02 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Ah the old 'do we trust Catholic priests' debate
I guess the answer to that is no since we see so many of them being in young boys
Old Oct 25th 2005, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
It also says that the figure was 55% a year ago, so maybe things are moving in the right direction.

maybe.
Yes more Brits are emigrating here.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:08 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

We lived next door to some Born Again Christians in England. What grated with me were that they were "against" science (my husband is a scientist) but were constantly seeking the very best in medical advances and treatments for their many ailments. Surely this is having it both ways? Why not let God decide who lives and dies, and when, or else admit that science has a rational set of explanations?

The findings of the poll originally posted I found utterly depressing.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 5:26 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
We lived next door to some Born Again Christians in England. What grated with me were that they were "against" science (my husband is a scientist)
That's the whole point, these imbeciles are sheep and need to follow something to give some meaning to their mundane lives. They believe virtually everything they are told by the elders of their faith INSTEAD of believing something altogether more creditable with virtual full proof.

Their whole existance is being conducted on the assumption that they will have an afterlife in heaven, with nice little angels and big soft fluffy clouds.

In order to get to "paradise" they have been "brainwashed" that they need to pay eternal homage to a a completely mythical figure (God). A figure that there has NEVER been a single piece of verifiable proof actually exists or ever existed.

The whole basis for Christian worship is fundamentally flawed in virtually every aspect. However, it is not Christian religion itself that is to blame. The sole blame rests on the shoulders of the human representatives of Christian religion. The Catholic church is a prime example.

They have been at odds with science for the sake of self survival. If people are brainwashed to believe that god will send us to heaven then theres a need for spiritual guidance, forgiveness etc from a non devine form (i.e a church) and human representation of that religion. BUT!! If those same people decided that they believed the big bang theory and Darwins evolutionary theory then religion becomes obsolete and surplus to society's requirements. Althought the religion itself becomes obsolete, it's ideals such as love and kindness still hold firm.

I don't know about anyone else but I don't need to believe in God or be blackmailed about going to heaven to love my children and be kind to (some ) others.

Is it really any wonder that christain religions congregations have been declining for years given the examples set by their leaderships in protecting the vile filth of humanity in their midst against justice for innocents.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:37 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
51% of Americans don't believe in it seemingly, which I found surprising.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in965223.shtml
Just another reason why I should drug the wife and get her out of this country.

America is going to be a very interesting place (in an insane way) over the next 20 years......if it hasn't been sunk by then.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping (maybe I'm deluded) that as the sample was only 808 people that it's not that representative.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

UJ_99 has a brilliant futureUJ_99 has a brilliant futureUJ_99 has a brilliant futureUJ_99 has a brilliant futureUJ_99 has a brilliant futureUJ_99 has a brilliant futureUJ_99 has a brilliant future

So you wore glasses at 5 and throw your back out walking upright? Sorry mate but I guess you were one of the prototypes that never got to mass production
That being the case, looks like God not only isn't that 'intelligent' in his designs, but he is a complete slacker! He's letting all kinds of crap get past him every day! He's the guy at work who gets an office, is supposedly in charge of a lot of important stuff, but no one actually knows what he does, or has seem him do any work!!

Putting aside the frivolity, if ID gets a pass to be taught in schools, the education level in this country will slide faster than it is now. If evolution, the cornerstone of biology, is not taught how qualified are our doctors going to be? Do you want to go to a doctor like that?

The pioneering work in stem cell research is being done in Europe and moreso in Asia. 20 years from now, instead of people coming from all over the world to the US for medical procedures, the US will be a laughingstock and people will be going to China instead.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

So let em teach ID to kids and then when those kids want to become Doctors at med school are they then going to say "Forget all that stuff we taught you in elementary and middle school, this is what REALLY happpened"?

Thats just stupid political correctness again, they'll teach it to keep a few idots in the bible belt happy, who cares if it f**ks up the minds of the next generation?
Old Oct 26th 2005, 11:08 pm
Not dead yet

Can I just do a spot check?
How many of you were taught evolution? I know I wasn't.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 11:10 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

I was
Old Oct 26th 2005, 11:28 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

I was
Old Oct 26th 2005, 11:29 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

I was, and I went to a Catholic School.

None of this "it's just a theory" crap or special labels on the books. It made more sense than the shite they were pumping out in the RE lessons.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 11:57 pm
Not dead yet

What 'lesson' taught you about it?

Another question is why does a doctor need to know about evolution? It isn't likely to affect his work all they need to know is how a body works bit like taking a model T to a local Ford garage you wouldn't expect the blokes there to know much about it when all they do is Focus/Fiesta

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.