Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Evolution...new poll

Evolution...new poll

Old Oct 25th 2005, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

UJ_99 has a brilliant futureUJ_99 has a brilliant futureUJ_99 has a brilliant futureUJ_99 has a brilliant futureUJ_99 has a brilliant futureUJ_99 has a brilliant futureUJ_99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Evolution...new poll

Originally Posted by rushman
If it is so well designed then why is the Leisure centre located right next to the sewers???
And why put the testicles outside? Why not 'design' them to work inside the body where they are safe, instead of leaving them outside to regulate their temperature and be easily kicked?

And how come I needed glasses at age 5 if my eyes are so well designed? Why not design them so the lenses work fine and stay fine as we age?

And how come my back hurts? And why is it so easy to throw your back out if it is so well designed? And why aren't my joints designed to be sturdier and not ache when it rains?

Sorry dude, but if this is the best a 'designer' can do, (and by designer you mean God), with all his omniscience and infinite wisdom, it's not very good is it?

Creationism/Intelligent Design is just a stealthy way to teach Christianity in schools. I wish the ID folks would just admit that instead of playing at being scientists.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 2:59 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Just to be awkward most of your ailments are caused be doing things you weren't designed for, after all you wouldn't use a chainsaw to strip a piece of flex.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 3:14 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
If it is so well designed then why is the Leisure centre located right next to the sewers???
PMSL
My daughter is constantly amazed at the little amount most kids know about evolution over here, because it is not taught in schools most children only know what they are told at home or in the case of the US, at church, during one science lesson they were learning about tides etc, when asked what they thought made the tides move most of the kids answered God the teacher could only say " well yes that is one possibility" due to the fact that they are not allowed to dispute the kids belief....amazes me.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 3:54 pm
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
It also says that the figure was 55% a year ago, so maybe things are moving in the right direction.

maybe.
Anyone know the figure for us Brits?
Bet its a lot less,
Rob
Old Oct 25th 2005, 4:52 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Just to be awkward most of your ailments are caused be doing things you weren't designed for, after all you wouldn't use a chainsaw to strip a piece of flex.
You mean like standing upright?

That is, after all, why we have so many back problems and why childbirth is so painful for us.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

UJ_99 has a brilliant futureUJ_99 has a brilliant futureUJ_99 has a brilliant futureUJ_99 has a brilliant futureUJ_99 has a brilliant futureUJ_99 has a brilliant futureUJ_99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wintersong
You mean like standing upright?

That is, after all, why we have so many back problems and why childbirth is so painful for us.
Exactly - our back evolved to walk on all fours, not upright.

Plus, how dare I use my eyes for seeing with - I guess my mother was right amd I will wear them out....

In fact, apart from getting kicked in the nuts (which every man has been) the examples I gave were eyes for seeing and back for walking upright!
Old Oct 25th 2005, 5:52 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do those polls not add up to 100%? Were the other 4 or 5% don't knows ? If so there's a small minority of very sensible people in the USA!
Old Oct 25th 2005, 5:56 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

anybody who says that the human body is too complex and "well designed" for evolution, clearly does not fully understand the concept of evolution. I'm not saying other theories are wrong, just that evolution explains everthing fairly well, at least well as "intelligent design" (the main upcoming argument, and a much more valid and less emotional one than creationism)

interesting site http://www.venganza.org/index.htm
Old Oct 25th 2005, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Lets face it there are parts of the US where there has not been any evolution for centuries. Just look at dubya
He's from Connecticut.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dimsie
Why do those polls not add up to 100%? Were the other 4 or 5% don't knows ? If so there's a small minority of very sensible people in the USA!
That small minority are the ones that believe in both theories, I suppose.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 6:44 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bob
wonder what the breakdown by region of country is...
I'd guess it would be 98% in Utah and 2% in California don't you think?
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:30 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UJ_99
Exactly - our back evolved to walk on all fours, not upright.

Plus, how dare I use my eyes for seeing with - I guess my mother was right amd I will wear them out....

In fact, apart from getting kicked in the nuts (which every man has been) the examples I gave were eyes for seeing and back for walking upright!
So you wore glasses at 5 and throw your back out walking upright? Sorry mate but I guess you were one of the prototypes that never got to mass production
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:42 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

I canlt believe the beginnings of conversations I have had with seemingly intelligent people (albeit those exposed to a shit ton of religion) who spount on about adam and eve

I say beginnings because by about thirty seconds into them I realise these people are deluded by saying things like 'when you have kids you will understand' or 'when you have kids you will go to church a lot more'

hmm

why would i go to church at all with my kids if i am atheist - surely that would make me a huge fiicking hypocrite like most 'christians' i know

sorry, but i can;t stand people who profess to be so into the church and christianity (or any other religion) who then cheat on their spouses, drive drunk, embezzle/cheat people etc
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:45 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

AND the key point I take from the CBS pollis

Just 15 percent say humans evolved, and that God was not involved.

WTF

people who responded to the cbs poll are retarded sheep

if someone shows me proof of god tomorrow and that jesus is his son and our saviour, then fine - i will sign up immediately

I personally believe in Jesus - that he was a prophet, and went round teaching people good values, being charitable and a good neighbour etc.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:50 pm
Mr. Grumpy

and thirdly, as i read more into the poll

The results were not much different between the answers to that question and those given when a specific timeline was included in the final alternative: God created human beings in their present form within the last 10,000 years.

55% of poll respondees beleive this

so what i saw at the natural history museum all thoses years ago is just a hoax

I want my money back

jurassic park, although fiction is just based on a joke apparently

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.