Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Duggars Are At It Again

The Duggars Are At It Again

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Duggars Are At It Again

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Survival of the fittest doesn't necessarily mean survival of the most intelligent.
.....which leads us to the topic of of gene pool dilution....but that would be for another thread.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm only speaking for myself aren't I? I'm not trying to persuade anybody, though it sounds like that might be what you are attempting. I'm just here expressing my point of view - not arguing with others about theirs. Sometimes I think you start these Duggar threads to get a rise out of me anyway.
I knew you weren't on a campaign to win over the non-believers ;-)

Just you are usually so logical and rational when coming to a judgment, I was curious what made you feel that way.

Anyway, I haven't done IQ tests on them but when I listen to them speak it's like listening to 12 year olds. Actually, more like listening to stupid 12 year olds who've sustained serious and recent blows to the head. Most tweens more interesting than those vapid robots. That website sounds like it was written by a God bothering Barbie doll.
hehehehe not a Barbie amongst them. Too many braces and long shirts. And definitely no KENS!

I think of Michelle more as a Mary Poppins myself.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:02 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I knew you weren't on a campaign to win over the non-believers ;-)

Just you are usually so logical and rational when coming to a judgment, I was curious what made you feel that way.

hehehehe not a Barbie amongst them. Too many braces and long shirts. And definitely no KENS!

I think of Michelle more as a Mary Poppins myself.
I think it's my love of logic that turn me off these people, if they're really for real that is. I think they used to be really for real because, let's face it, they already had 14 kids before they went corporate. Remember back when they actually were frugal and self sufficient and all the daughters were wearing the curtains?

Anyway, all that religious stuff about God deciding how many kids they can have blah blah ... just irritates the crap out of me. They're basing their procreative choices on an antiquated belief system yet she delivers the babies in modern hospitals. If she actually had lived in Biblical times half those kids would have died in childbirth or infancy and she'd probably have kicked off somewhere along the line as well. Christians cherry picking which religious mandates they choose to adhere to is just one of my pet peeves. If they believe in an all powerful God then they should also believe he wants us to take full advantage of modern medicine. Truthfully, the Jehovas Witnesses are less hypocritical than these people in that they reject all medical intervention. How much you want to bet if mama Duggar has a bleed during delivery she'll be taking a transfusion?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
Thank you Daniel I thought people who make broad generalizations we're pretty dumb, but what do I know being an over producing imbecile...
Hey, I just repeated what my doc said..that doesn't make me dumb, just a parrot.

Survival of the fittest doesn't necessarily mean survival of the most intelligent.
That's a much better way of saying what I was trying to say.

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Sep 2nd 2009 at 4:33 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:38 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's my love of logic that turn me off these people, if they're really for real that is. I think they used to be really for real because, let's face it, they already had 14 kids before they went corporate. Remember back when they actually were frugal and self sufficient and all the daughters were wearing the curtains?

Anyway, all that religious stuff about God deciding how many kids they can have blah blah ... just irritates the crap out of me. They're basing their procreative choices on an antiquated belief system yet she delivers the babies in modern hospitals. If she actually had lived in Biblical times half those kids would have died in childbirth or infancy and she'd probably have kicked off somewhere along the line as well. Christians cherry picking which religious mandates they choose to adhere to is just one of my pet peeves. If they believe in an all powerful God then they should also believe he wants us to take full advantage of modern medicine. Truthfully, the Jehovas Witnesses are less hypocritical than these people in that they reject all medical intervention. How much you want to bet if mama Duggar has a bleed during delivery she'll be taking a transfusion?
So if it weren't for the religious aspect, you'd be cool with it?

I just really have a hard time finding something to make me dislike these people. Yeah, their religious views are different than mine, and they put themselves out there on TV and whatnot, but I bet these kids aren't as likely to be corrupted by that as some others might be. So she wants to have a million kids, it's her body and she has the right to do what she wants with it.

It would actually bother me more to live next to some self righteous over educated yuppie couple that wear hemp socks and "rescued" a greyhound and think they saved the world than it would to live next to the Duggars.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:53 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
So if it weren't for the religious aspect, you'd be cool with it?
If they weren't religious and they weren't media whores ... I'd be cool with it because I wouldn't know anything about it.

I just really have a hard time finding something to make me dislike these people. Yeah, their religious views are different than mine, and they put themselves out there on TV and whatnot, but I bet these kids aren't as likely to be corrupted by that as some others might be. So she wants to have a million kids, it's her body and she has the right to do what she wants with it.
I'm not trying to make her stop. Stupid people are well within their rights to live stupidly. Like you said, it's her body and she can do what she wants with it ... but if they are going to put their whole life out there on TV then they are setting themselves up for criticism.

It would actually bother me more to live next to some self righteous over educated yuppie couple that wear hemp socks and "rescued" a greyhound and think they saved the world than it would to live next to the Duggars.
I find pretty much all self righteous people to be repulsive.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Then according to your way of thinking there should be a law prohibiting any child from performing in plays, advertising, movies, dance, music, etc. They are not allowed to be children. Their bodies are photographed and paraded before hundreds and thousands of people.

The Duggars are not filmed every second of their lives. The couple you are thinking of is the Gosslings - Jon and Kate and the magical 8.

As for a share of the proceeds, I'm not privileged to details of their contracts and/or how the family divides its earnings from the show. Are you? BTW they didn't need the TLC contract and monies earned to house, feed, clothe and provide medical and dental care for themselves or their family. The proceeds made it easier, I'm sure, but they had a large family long before TLC used their lives as a basis for a show.

They also have a family business and have for a long time before filming started, the oldest Son runs a car sales place (which they own) and Jim Duggar owns and rents out commercial property. They Make a good living without the payments they get from TLC and they can now afford to 'share' some of that money with charities that they support.

I agree with you Rete, they are doing a great job of parenting their family, I don't agree with some of their 'ways', but I don't think they would agree with some of mine either
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
What he said
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Alas, once you have been indoctrinated with Philosophy and Formal Logic courses, you are condemned to roam life's highways in pensive solitude.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:34 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CelticRover
Alas, once you have been indoctrinated with Philosophy and Formal Logic courses, you are condemned to roam life's highways in pensive solitude.
That sounds horrible, thank god I'm ignorant!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:39 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

That is why I found Sam the Bee in the Bee Box,
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:05 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Nah, you're confusing it with having no mates...
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Hey, I just repeated what my doc said..that doesn't make me dumb, just a parrot.
Oh? You seemed to be agreeing with him/her.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:30 pm
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13

Even my gyno made comments about stupid people seem to be having all the kids, while those with more intelligence are opting for far fewer kids or not having them at all...we are soon to be outnumbered.
I was thinking that even before i read you comment.

I have thought about that many times before.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Nah, you're confusing it with having no mates...
Well, maybe that too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.