Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Duggars Are At It Again

The Duggars Are At It Again

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:25 am
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Duggars Are At It Again

I always thought a slut or whore was a lady of the night - getting around the neighbourhood. I would like to see some equally insulting names for the tosser that keeps knocking her up. He too is playing the mating game.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:48 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

The religious group doesn't prevent them from using contraception or sterilisation but they do very strongly argue against all form of birth control.

Their group is basically all about having baby after baby. Something about declining world population rates and the need to repopulate, bollocks.

http://www.quiverfull.com/articles.php

http://www.quiverfull.com/birthcontrol.php

having a very large family is one thing but on top of that these people are frankly quite strange.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 11:07 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sime303
The religious group doesn't prevent them from using contraception or sterilisation but they do very strongly argue against all form of birth control.

Their group is basically all about having baby after baby. Something about declining world population rates and the need to repopulate, bollocks.

http://www.quiverfull.com/articles.php

http://www.quiverfull.com/birthcontrol.php

having a very large family is one thing but on top of that these people are frankly quite strange.
We need families like them. Yhey prop up the social security system (need more young folks to pau in so I can collect what's mine in 15 years) and help postpone the pending housing crisis when all the baby boomers die off and there is a tremendous drop in demand (and thus in value) for their homes.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
<crickets chirp>
Thank you Daniel I thought people who make broad generalizations we're pretty dumb, but what do I know being an over producing imbecile...
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sime303

Never heard it was because of the declining world population. From reading the articles a while back, it is taken from the biblical quote "go forth and multiple" or some such quote. Conception is left in the hands of the Lord and they will accept as many child as are given them.

I don't find them strange now that I have had a chance to watch them on tv with an open mind rather than a closed one. They are self sufficient. They do not take help from the government for food, shelter, clothing or healthcare. They offer themselves to others in forms of financial and physical labor. For example, they recently helped a close family expand their home to accommodate their ever growing family. On last nights episode they were touring DC and they provided the food and cooked and served it at Miriam's Kitchen. Each one of them assisted in some way whether it was in the kitchen or putting together clothing parcels.

As for large families, my grandparents had thirteen children. 9 survived infancy and my grandmother was still conceiving at the age of 44. They weren't considered strange then and the Duggars are only considered strange because society no longer views large families favorably. If they were taking in foster children, then everyone would be happy for them.

Perhaps we are strange for seeing them as abberations of the norm.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:19 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

From the Duggar website:

http://www.duggarfamily.com/aboutus.html

They thought, “We don’t want children right now. We can’t afford them. We want children in our timing, when we’re ready.” Four years later they decided to have their first child. Then, Michelle went back on the pill, but she conceived and had a miscarriage. At that point they talked with a Christian medical doctor and read the fine print in the contraceptives package. They found that while taking the pill you can get pregnant and then miscarry. They were grieved! They were Christians! They were pro-life! They realized that their selfish actions had taken the life of their child.

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:22 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
Thank you Daniel I thought people who make broad generalizations we're pretty dumb, but what do I know being an over producing imbecile...
I don't think all people with large families are stupid ... just the Duggars.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:27 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
I always thought a slut or whore was a lady of the night - getting around the neighbourhood. I would like to see some equally insulting names for the tosser that keeps knocking her up. He too is playing the mating game.
If you are referring to Suleman, her pregnancies are the result of invitro. She's more so a media slut/whore than the traditional type of street walker.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I don't think all people with large families are stupid ... just the Duggars.

But you haven't said why they are stupid? Because she continues to bear children?

At least the children as well cared for, loved, taught decency, respect and honor for themselves and their fellowman, while home educated they pass state education requirements/testing and the kids get dental and medical care. So why are Michelle and Jim stupid? Stupid because they are living a life they believe in? Stupid because they think and believe differently then the majority of society?

Now if you said Octomom is stupid, I would catapult onto that band wagon.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:31 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Rete
But you haven't said why they are stupid? Because she continues to bear children?

At least the children as well cared for, loved, taught decency, respect and honor for themselves and their fellowman, while home educated they pass state education requirements/testing and the kids get dental and medical care. So why are Michelle and Jim stupid? Stupid because they are living a life they believe in? Stupid because they think and believe differently then the majority of society?

The website says it all for me.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:35 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

How can the children be well cared for when they are paraded on national TV almost every second of their lives? When it is this exploitation that funds the lifestyle and their education, healthcare, whatever?

These kids's upbringing is so abnormal that I find it quite incredible that Social Services have not intervened. It's exploitation for the parents' benefit, pure and simple.

Do the children even get a share of the proceeds or are the parents pocketing it all?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:53 pm
Concierge

Then according to your way of thinking there should be a law prohibiting any child from performing in plays, advertising, movies, dance, music, etc. They are not allowed to be children. Their bodies are photographed and paraded before hundreds and thousands of people.

The Duggars are not filmed every second of their lives. The couple you are thinking of is the Gosslings - Jon and Kate and the magical 8.

As for a share of the proceeds, I'm not privileged to details of their contracts and/or how the family divides its earnings from the show. Are you? BTW they didn't need the TLC contract and monies earned to house, feed, clothe and provide medical and dental care for themselves or their family. The proceeds made it easier, I'm sure, but they had a large family long before TLC used their lives as a basis for a show.

Last edited by Rete; Sep 2nd 2009 at 2:57 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:56 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Leslie66
The website says it all for me.

Your not believing in their religion and their way of life makes them stupid only in your eyes.

I don't believe in their religion and I could not live my life in the same manner. I don't think they are stupid. They are different from me but I admire how they are raising their family and the morals and values they have instilled in them.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:08 pm
WTF?

Your not believing in their religion and their way of life makes them stupid only in your eyes.

I don't believe in their religion and I could not live my life in the same manner. I don't think they are stupid. They are different from me but I admire how they are raising their family and the morals and values they have instilled in them.
Well, I'm only speaking for myself aren't I? I'm not trying to persuade anybody, though it sounds like that might be what you are attempting. I'm just here expressing my point of view - not arguing with others about theirs. Sometimes I think you start these Duggar threads to get a rise out of me anyway.

Anyway, I haven't done IQ tests on them but when I listen to them speak it's like listening to 12 year olds. Actually, more like listening to stupid 12 year olds who've sustained serious and recent blows to the head. Most tweens more interesting than those vapid robots. That website sounds like it was written by a God bothering Barbie doll.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:16 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
That's the good news. The bad news Leslie, is that you are going to have to have 20 kids to cancel out the negative effect of her kids. hehehe

Even my gyno made comments about stupid people seem to be having all the kids, while those with more intelligence are opting for far fewer kids or not having them at all...we are soon to be outnumbered.
Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Makes you wonder who the smart ones really are, doesn't it?
Survival of the fittest doesn't necessarily mean survival of the most intelligent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.