Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

David Beckham to move to LA?

David Beckham to move to LA?

Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David Beckham to move to LA?

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Hurrah for anabelle anabella. Can somone give us dumbasses a simple breakdown of the whole situation. Is Minor League like a shite league? Help us out here guys!!!
Minor league is one step below pro in most sports. Baseball has minor league teams supported by Major League franchises. The good ones get called up to the the "show" as the big leagues are called. It's a training ground and evaluation period for those who want to crack the big leagues. Same goes for Hockey, as in the American Hockey League etc. Other sports as well. Drafted in Hockey? You get sent to a minor league club for further development and get called up to the NHL only if you show promise. etc for the others.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:03 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
Can't fault him!

Looks like there might be more following - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ur/6254173.stm
I guess the dollar is stronger than I'd thought.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anabella
It looks like we have the Colorado Rapids.. Is anyone familiar with the leagues here? Can I assume that 1st Division would be the equivalent of Premier League? There are loads of divisions and I am quite confused.. It looks like 1st Division includes Canadian teams..
I went to see the Colorado Rapids, felt a bit out of place as the crowd was on average Female and 12.

Admittedly we went as a Team, Girls U8. This was at Invesco, they are moving to their own Stadium, Invesco shall we say had slightly more capacity than was needed. But the girls got a free shirt.

Standard, well they are professional, say equivalent to watching Stockport, no disrespect to them. They actually won, beat the league leaders.

Without relegation and promotion and a confusing league format it was a bit like watching a pre season friendly.

However I might well go when LA play next season. Just find it hard to conceptulise a US crowd enquiring as one - "Does she take it up the arse?"
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:15 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I went to see the Colorado Rapids, felt a bit out of place as the crowd was on average Female and 12.

Admittedly we went as a Team, Girls U8. This was at Invesco, they are moving to their own Stadium, Invesco shall we say had slightly more capacity than was needed. But the girls got a free shirt.

Standard, well they are professional, say equivalent to watching Stockport, no disrespect to them. They actually won, beat the league leaders.

Without relegation and promotion and a confusing league format it was a bit like watching a pre season friendly.

However I might well go when LA play next season. Just find it hard to conceptulise a US crowd enquiring as one - "Does she take it up the arse?"
Lots of helpful posts here for me and anabella. Cheers everyone. That clears things up a bit. I think I may have to adopt Fire as my team then after all. Sounds better when mailing the boys at home when I say my team is Chicago Fire rather than Columbus Crew, or some team from bum-fick Ohio. Call me shallow.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Bouncing balls off your head is no good for you.

PROFESSIONAL footballers are more likely to develop motor neuron disease than any others, a study in Italy has found.

Nobody knows why the rare disease should be six times more common in footballers, or if the increased risks are unique to Italy or are found elsewhere as well. One possibility is heading the ball, linked in other studies to increased risks of dementia.

http://www.rideforlife.com/news/als_...ne_to_als.html
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:21 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
Nobody knows why the rare disease should be six times more common in footballers, or if the increased risks are unique to Italy or are found elsewhere as well.
Maybe it's linked to pitch-diving.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Maybe it's linked to pitch-diving.
Ahhh yes. It is an ITALIAN study after all.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
It looks like Becks and Posh will be heading to LA this Summer.....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007010605,00.html

Maybe Posh thinks she can break into acting.....

Maybe they heard about the "holiday time" and were dying to get here for it.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:30 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Maybe Posh thinks she can break into acting.....
WOW I guess the Muppets are looking for a new Miss Piggy in their latest movie.:scared:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, miss Piggy with false tits
Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I was watching some "man in the street..or more likely the pub" interviews they did in England about his leaving. They were not kind. Basically, not one cared a lick. One said the I.Q. in Spain would go up. Another said he was washed up anyway. A few said it would improve his old team. Seems there was no love lost. Just a not so fond farewell. Oh how the mighty fall from grace.

Oh, and then Beckham said "I didn't do it for the money." PMSL
Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:40 am
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

I was watching some "man in the street..or more likely the pub" interviews they did in England about his leaving. They were not kind. Basically, not one cared a lick. One said the I.Q. in Spain would go up. Another said he was washed up anyway. A few said it would improve his old team. Seems there was no love lost. Just a not so fond farewell. Oh how the mighty fall from grace.
Oh, and then Beckham said "I didn't do it for the money." PMSL
I'm quite excited he's coming to play in the US. I think there's still a lot of game left in him. Probably see him play for us in the next world cup. Don't care too much for Posh though
Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:42 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desdemona
. Probably see him play for us in the next world cup. :
Oh dear
Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Desdemona
I'm quite excited he's coming to play in the US. I think there's still a lot of game left in him. Probably see him play for us in the next world cup. Don't care too much for Posh though

I think the U.S. has the only league where he will not be outshone by half the players on his team. I say he misses 30% of his games. He can't ply in the world cup for the U.S unless he takes out U.S. citizenship I would think. Of course he might do that. And God knows England won't object to him not paying for them in the W.C. after the last one.
But, given that the next W.C. is more than 3 years away...I doubt he will be of much use.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:59 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

I think the U.S. has the only league where he will not be outshone by half the players on his team. I say he misses 30% of his games. He can't ply in the world cup for the U.S unless he takes out U.S. citizenship I would think. Of course he might do that. And God knows England won't object to him not paying for them in the W.C. after the last one.
But, given that the next W.C. is more than 3 years away...I doubt he will be of much use.
I may have misread but I thought Des meant he would play for 'us' in the world cup, assuming she is a brit? Rather than US. I may be wrong. Probably ma ha ha
Old Jan 12th 2007, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
I may have misread but I thought Des meant he would play for 'us' in the world cup, assuming she is a brit? Rather than US. I may be wrong. Probably ma ha ha
In any World Cup of the future, he should be the towel boy. No matter what country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.