Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

David Beckham to move to LA?

David Beckham to move to LA?

Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:18 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David Beckham to move to LA?

Originally Posted by Bob
big pay drop there ain't it from $5M to $1.5....but not getting a regular team spot says it all really about his career...it's a bit like when gary lineaker tried to continue his career in Japan...a bit sad really...
Sorry - some one may have corrected you later in this thread but he's going to be on nearly $1M a week, yes a WEEK.
That's an absolutely mindboggling amount of money, no matter what you think of him as a player.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:19 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
He should be by far the best player in MLS which should give him more confidence and hopefully he will be able to play more to his strengths.
The MLS isn't that shit mate
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:22 pm
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by Thydney
Wasn't Best in the New York Dynamos or Tampa Bay Rowdies like Cruyff and the rest
San Jose Earthquakes
Fort Lauderdale something
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

NeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
San Jose Earthquakes
Fort Lauderdale something
Best also played for Los Angles Aztecs but left before Cruyff arrived.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:24 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

They all have stupid american football type names for the teams. The Rochester Raging Rhinos? Charlestown battery? Sillt silly people.
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Sorry - some one may have corrected you later in this thread but he's going to be on nearly $1M a week, yes a WEEK.
That's an absolutely mindboggling amount of money, no matter what you think of him as a player.
yes me just above your post
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by NeilW
Best also played for Los Angles Aztecs but left before Cruyff arrived.
Thought he played for them, but then I thought I was confusing the stupid names
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:26 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: David Beckham to move to LA?

I wonder if 'Brand Beckham' will conquer the States this time?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...iz/2987772.stm

I remember a year or so ago when Posh was shopping at Fifth Avenue in New York City. She had bodyguards with her and had arranged to have some of the shops closed to all other customers whilst she shopped. The New York tabloids (NY Mail and NY Post) reported and showed photos of her shopping trip; no-one had a clue who she was, only a couple of photographers turned up and Posh seemed to be shocked and embarrassed that she was being ignored....she certainly didn't need to have any bodyguards with her to keep her fans away LOL!

I wonder how long it will take Posh and Becks to convert to Scientology....I remember Posh was photographed wearing a red Kabbalah string around her wrist, presumably emulating Madonna for a while. If they don't convert I guess Tom Cruise and Katie will drop them like a hot potato.....
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:33 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
For the love of God man, Google.

http://web.mlsnet.com/mls/teams/

You could always support Chicago.

It looks like we have the Colorado Rapids.. Is anyone familiar with the leagues here? Can I assume that 1st Division would be the equivalent of Premier League? There are loads of divisions and I am quite confused.. It looks like 1st Division includes Canadian teams..
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

NeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by anabella
It looks like we have the Colorado Rapids.. Is anyone familiar with the leagues here? Can I assume that 1st Division would be the equivalent of Premier League? There are loads of divisions and I am quite confused.. It looks like 1st Division includes Canadian teams..
Major League Soccer is their equivalent of the Premiership, but its split into 2 conferences and the season ends in playoffs, I believe in the same way to most other US sports. The first division and the rest are not professional leagues and there is no promotion/relegation between the leagues as in most countries because the teams are franchises.

The new team to MLS for the 07 season is the first Canadian team, Toronto FC, and they are testing a new Champions League style competition between US and Mexican teams this year. Looks like US sports are starting to go international!
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:56 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
Hurrah for anabelle anabella. Can somone give us dumbasses a simple breakdown of the whole situation. Is Minor League like a shite league? Help us out here guys!!!
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

So he's actually signed for sure then, I see.

Ah well, can't blame him I suppose - Gets him away from a sarcastic and cynical British public and into a place where everyone thinks the sun shines right out of his backside!

I hope he is able to somehow influence the awareness of the game here. And with that salary, Posh will be able to shop even bigger than before. It'll be right up her alley, spending big on Rodeo Drive, then going to him with the swollen head as seen on tv (http://www.drrobertrey.com/) for plastic surgery.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
They'll fit right in........
Bit bit on Sky Sport News if anybody is interested.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:46 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
They all have stupid american football type names for the teams. The Rochester Raging Rhinos? Charlestown battery? Sillt silly people.
That's what I thought when I read that someone was going to give Becks $1M per week to kick a ball around.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:52 am
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Can't fault him!

Looks like there might be more following - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ur/6254173.stm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.