Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brazilian family intends to sue police

Wikiposts

Brazilian family intends to sue police

Old Jul 26th 2005, 2:48 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bralian family intends to sue police

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Just another reason to go tell Europe to go (bleep) themselves then. The idea of national security being decided by the clowns in Brussels is repugnant.
I thought we were one huge happy European family nowadays.....??

And there was I just getting use to admitting I'm part French.......I'll have to go back in the closet now.......
:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Jul 26th 2005, 2:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
And there was I just getting use to admitting I'm part French......
Which part? As long as it's your nose and not your mouth you'll be fine
Old Jul 26th 2005, 2:51 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

You did if you look back...answer one of my posts.....so I took that to mean you were talking too me.....

I never give a hint that I believed you were talking about me.......
Maybe you need another coffee.......being a school teacher can be very stressful......we don't want you blowing a gasket or something.....
Please be quiet. The adults are trying to talk
Old Jul 26th 2005, 2:53 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brazilian family intends to sue police

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Doesn't look like it to me....
It looked like it for 2 days... before it was changed.
Franklin

{Reason #1: it is not normal practice on UK mainland to shoot someone dead who fails to heed a police warning to stop, in fact it is a highly improbable result based on historical evidence which will show that police rarely, if ever, shoot someone dead for failing to stop.}

So if it becomes normal practice.......will people not be able to sue....or will they get less money....???

if the police have been able to shoot to kill for many years and not done so......then why does that not show this was an extreme case in difficult times......

I see your point well......but it seems that for the police to be in the right....they would have to have killed more often.....??

Sorry if that is in bad English......I get better as the day goes by.....LOL!
If I could still write in French and Spanish......I would do better.....but then again I'm sure someone would bring up the fact it was not in English....
Just looking at it dispassionately through the eyes of plaintiff's counsel and the requirements to prove negligence under Tort law. I think sometimes people who read my posts think I am giving my opinion, I'm merely describing the middle road as objectively as I can. That's all. But I fully support the police, they are doing a difficult job in astonishingly difficult circumstances forced on them by criminal suicide bombers.

Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Yes well it wasn't you pointing it out was it? It was me.

I wasn't pointing out "bad English" I was pointing out the misspelling of a proper noun which happens to be the name of a rather large country.

I wasn't talking to you or about you (or putting you "right" so to speak) so let's move on shall we?
Hey Leslie!! Where have you been? This has been the hot thread to be these past few days. I see we're still running around the mulberry bush.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 2:59 am
Franklin

I don't know this for sure, so don't quote me on it - I saw it on a blog.

Apparently because some police commisioners have referred to it as "shoot to kill" and not the correct term "shoot to stop" the Brazilian family might have a case under European human rights laws because, apparently, making blanket judgements - in this case of suspected suicide bombers - is illegal under European human rights laws.
*nods* I just don't think it is going to go that far. If the Met Police admit liability (which they have more or less down already) and signal they will pay compensation to the family, there is not a lot of point in going to trial. *shrugs*

Old Jul 26th 2005, 3:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Franklin
*nods* I just don't think it is going to go that far. If the Met Police admit liability (which they have more or less down already) and signal they will pay compensation to the family, there is not a lot of point in going to trial. *shrugs*
On the BBC site there was an article this morning that said relatives of the bombings would get £5000 each, this includes relatives of the man police shot. The injured would get £3000 each.

Can't find the article now.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 3:04 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Which part? As long as it's your nose and not your mouth you'll be fine

I am more Brit than French......and my gran is from South America.......so alot of the French is hidden by all the other races in my family.........

My homes are the only give away to my French upbringing.......
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

can I speak?

I'm an adult, I think
Re vera, potas bene.

Very 'adult' I must say.........
Old Jul 26th 2005, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

There are major arteries in the leg.

They would have shoot then in the toe. Not the foot mind, but the toe.

Shooting the ear would also be ok, just not the head.

I think they should just offer the suicide bomber a nice cup of tea, chocolate biscuits and a councellor to discuss their feelings..
Old Jul 26th 2005, 3:08 am
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by Franklin
Just looking at it dispassionately through the eyes of plaintiff's counsel and the requirements to prove negligence under Tort law. I think sometimes people who read my posts think I am giving my opinion, I'm merely describing the middle road as objectively as I can. That's all. But I fully support the police, they are doing a difficult job in astonishingly difficult circumstances forced on them by criminal suicide bombers.
I'm very interested in what you say......and fully understand what you are doing.....and that its in no way your own opinion....sorry if I give you any idea I thought otherwise....... ..
Old Jul 26th 2005, 3:11 am
Re vera, potas bene.

On the BBC site there was an article this morning that said relatives of the bombings would get £5000 each, this includes relatives of the man police shot. The injured would get £3000 each.

Can't find the article now.
That seems very little....do they not take into account how badly someone was hurt.....or if they died........?
Old Jul 26th 2005, 3:12 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

That seems very little....do they not take into account how badly someone was hurt.....or if they died........?
why should they receive government benefits?

my mum just died, she got nowt from the government.

If you value your life, get life insurance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.