Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone know where to find Robinson's Squash in the US?

Anyone know where to find Robinson's Squash in the US?

Old May 12th 2009, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone know where to find Robinson's Squash in the US?

Originally Posted by Chrissywissy100
First time out here I asked in the store for squash, and was shown a courgette (Zuchinni, or however you spell it!) Lol!

Lunardi's in Walnut Creek definitely stocks Robinson Orange Barley Squash, The one in Danville is closest to you of all of them, but still 58 miles away according to google! Some of the Long's drug stores do it too, if they are still in your neck of the woods?
I'll add Longs to the list. Thank you. There's a couple here Longs Drugs here
Old May 13th 2009, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

ionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melody32
Hi everyone

My husband is currently drinking soda (lots more than I would like) because he cannot drink his Robinson's Squash.

Would anyone know where I could find squash either in California or online?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Me(lody)
I usually find things like that in an Indian store, or world market
Old May 13th 2009, 3:27 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I went to a few stores for Melody on my travels yesterday and I was amazed how expensive it is.

The cheapest was Draegers in San Mateo $7.99

World Market does not stock it here any more.
Old May 13th 2009, 4:20 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Word of warning.....if you get squash in the supermarket, please make sure to check the expiry date. They stock it in our local, but it's nearly always out of date, or very near the date.

We've ordered Brit stuff online too and had it come out of date...grrrr.
Old May 13th 2009, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Juswus
Word of warning.....if you get squash in the supermarket, please make sure to check the expiry date. They stock it in our local, but it's nearly always out of date, or very near the date.

We've ordered Brit stuff online too and had it come out of date...grrrr.
thanks for the heads up. i'm trying to remember what the guy at the food bank once said about expiry dates for liquids. i know with cans they can go over as well as some boxed items but liquids i would think would be more delicate.
Old May 13th 2009, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Wegmans.
Old May 13th 2009, 9:14 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CitySimon
Wegmans.
Not in California.
Old May 14th 2009, 3:49 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by made of kent
I think Amazon do it??
Thanks for that. I had no idea Amazon did groceries, but having looked I now see that they are the cheapest place for Heinz beans by a mile!

A million house wives every day
pick up a tin of beans and say
Beanz Meanz Heinz.
Old May 14th 2009, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

ionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Thanks for that. I had no idea Amazon did groceries, but having looked I now see that they are the cheapest place for Heinz beans by a mile!

Beanz Meanz Heinz.
Thats a goodie but oldie
Old May 14th 2009, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I went to a few stores for Melody on my travels yesterday and I was amazed how expensive it is.

The cheapest was Draegers in San Mateo $7.99

World Market does not stock it here any more.
I sent an email to Fresh & Easy and was told that they won't be stocking Robinson's squash when they open in Stockton; but, they are looking into other squashes.

Also, my co-worker gave me a print out this morning of the costs for Robinson's varieties if the store she also works at were to purchase them for sale to the public:
Robinson Apple Black Currant No Sugar Added - $3.64 or $43.71/case
Robinson Fruit & Barley Water No Sugar Added - $3.86 or $46.33/case
Robinson Lemon Barley Water - $4.08 or $48.98/case
Robinson Orange Fruit Drink No Sugar Added - $3.64 or $43.71/case
Robinson Orange Barley Water - $4.08 or $48.98/case

She will be asking if possible for store to order them. Don't hold your breath though. The mom and pop store itself has fallen on hard times and we're waiting any day to find out that they've gone bankrupt. But I will let what they say.
Old May 14th 2009, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Islandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Not in California.
Move..

Wegmans and Giant keep me stocked with British foods
Old May 14th 2009, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by melody32
I sent an email to Fresh & Easy and was told that they won't be stocking Robinson's squash when they open in Stockton; but, they are looking into other squashes.

Also, my co-worker gave me a print out this morning of the costs for Robinson's varieties if the store she also works at were to purchase them for sale to the public:
Robinson Apple Black Currant No Sugar Added - $3.64 or $43.71/case
Robinson Fruit & Barley Water No Sugar Added - $3.86 or $46.33/case
Robinson Lemon Barley Water - $4.08 or $48.98/case
Robinson Orange Fruit Drink No Sugar Added - $3.64 or $43.71/case
Robinson Orange Barley Water - $4.08 or $48.98/case

She will be asking if possible for store to order them. Don't hold your breath though. The mom and pop store itself has fallen on hard times and we're waiting any day to find out that they've gone bankrupt. But I will let what they say.

Thats why lol they were under selling ...to be honest I cannot see how they can sell at that price.

Lunardis today Walnut Creek was $6.39 but only Barley or Orange flavour.

Originally Posted by Islandgurl
Move..

Wegmans and Giant keep me stocked with British foods
Oh we have loads of english food stores here, they are all over, I work on a daily basis with them, it's the price thats the problem...its crazy
Old May 15th 2009, 4:58 am
Just Joined

Talented Ferret is an unknown quantity at this point

HEB sell it, also Ribena here in pearland TX.
Old May 15th 2009, 10:44 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse

Beanz Meanz Heinz.
Bugger - can't get that Half Man Half Biscuit song out of my head now!
Old May 15th 2009, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

Fred Meyer sell it in Washington. They are owned by the same company that owns Ralph's, so you could try that.

However QFC is also owned by the same company and they don't sell it. On the other hand, QFC do have a decent selection of British beer, so you should be alright one way or another.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.