Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Adds that make you see red?

Wikiposts

Adds that make you see red?

Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:28 am
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Adds that make you see red?

I HATE that Nail Fungus Commerical for Lamisil . .....The cartoon guys name is Digger and he likes to dig under your toe nails - big toe being fave. He flips a toenail back and hops into the nail bed where more creatures appear and they all start digging.

They show it every day right when I'm eating and I gag every time I see it.....seriously hurl worthy.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:03 am
Consistently Inconsistent

Hammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the rough

Cripes....there's so many out there it's hard to choose.

But here's a few that are really getting on my wick - the car one where the young couple are jumping around like a couple of gimps to loud music and the old fogey bangs on their door so they go out in their new car, buy a subwoofer and carry on their dancing in a new house.

Also that bloody Old Navy advert for Bermuda shorts - is there anything more annoying on at the mo?

And finally that Debt Free Direct one. All these fake people saying how grateful they are for the service and some annoying woman with a headset saying "it's a great feeling knowing I'm helping my clients..blah blah blah."

Guess I'm just a grumpy sod eh?
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:22 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hammo
Cripes....there's so many out there it's hard to choose.
those would be good ones to gripe about
and how da **** can a young couple suddenly afford a new motor, a house and a decent sound system if they were living in a pokey flat without being in the mob?
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

I've resisted posting on this until today when that annoying advert for a plug in air freshener came on.

Why does the stupid woman simply not unplug the damned thing and put into another socket instead of ripping the wiring out of the wall. grrrrrr.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:39 am
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by Bob
those would be good ones to gripe about
and how da **** can a young couple suddenly afford a new motor, a house and a decent sound system if they were living in a pokey flat without being in the mob?

Good question Bob LOL

Now they are totally up to their bollocks in debt..

Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:48 am

Hammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
Good question Bob LOL

Now they are totally up to their bollocks in debt..
And that reminds me of an ad that was on last year, another debt management one. The Forrest Gump twerp showing off his house, car, golf club membership etc. "I'm up to my eyeballs in debt..I can barely pay the finance charge each month. Somebody help me."

Hasn't been on for a while so I'm guessing the company lost a lot of business because of it!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:54 am
Perfumdiva1

Smile Re: Adds that make you see red?

And that reminds me of an ad that was on last year, another debt management one. The Forrest Gump twerp showing off his house, car, golf club membership etc. "I'm up to my eyeballs in debt..I can barely pay the finance charge each month. Somebody help me."

Hasn't been on for a while so I'm guessing the company lost a lot of business because of it!

Probably rang one too many bells in the US "golf club" community

So it got yanked..

Now doesnt that word "yanked" make ya think??

PS. Welcome Hammo

Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:08 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

*lol* i remember that!! i loved that ad it was hilarious!!!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

its still on here - superb - I actually think a lot of the ads here are very funny -not up to Tango standards but still funny. Love the Jack in the box ads and my son is obsessed with the El pollo loco guy (as is the wife )
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:05 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Someone died and left them some money; they sued someone and won a lawsuit; or they forged a credit history and are now in need of Debt Free Direct. That's the American Way!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone heard that Yahoo advert on the radio with Bobby Badfingers the professional snappist? That one wasn't too bad the first couple of times I heard it, but now it just grates like there's no tomorrow.

It's the background chat about the rhythm changes he's making... and all the time there's a constant finger snapping noise with no discernable rhythm or any noticable changes at all. I can only assume it looks more entertaining than it sounds, or is losing something important on an AM broadcast.

On the bright side, it does cause me to stop listening to the radio on a morning, and get out of bed and into the shower!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Scorchio
Anyone heard that Yahoo advert on the radio with Bobby Badfingers the professional snappist? That one wasn't too bad the first couple of times I heard it, but now it just grates like there's no tomorrow.

It's the background chat about the rhythm changes he's making... and all the time there's a constant finger snapping noise with no discernable rhythm or any noticable changes at all. I can only assume it looks more entertaining than it sounds, or is losing something important on an AM broadcast.

On the bright side, it does cause me to stop listening to the radio on a morning, and get out of bed and into the shower!
Speaking of radio ad's, the one for Ovaltine that plays during ABC news is blooming annoying. "More Ovaltine please." No thank you.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 2:27 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scorchio
Anything on Austin AM radio in the morning is enough to make me ill the rest of the day. NPR is about my speed (FM radio).
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:41 am

Ok here's a few more to go in the hall of shame.

Subway - they currently have two running which really annoy me. Firstly the Eskimos who's Igloo melts because their lunch is so hot - yeah right! Also the bloke talking about the different varieties of subs they offer and he walks off set and then they show him sitting inside the restaurant saying it's worth walking across town for.

Also I've been here almost 3 years and they still show that bloody bargain network ad with that gimpy kid saying how he got his dream car through them. You would have thought they would have found at least one more customer since then eh?!

Oh and those Guinness "Brilliant" adverts are getting on my nerves now. At first they were funny but now they just irritate me.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 2:40 am
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sylvan Learning Centre - make me want to hurl

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.