Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Adds that make you see red?

Wikiposts

Adds that make you see red?

Old Apr 14th 2005, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adds that make you see red?

There's an advert with Superheroes for a credit card company, I hate the way Spiderman says the word "charges", it makes me cringe everytime.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 3:43 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

The Dell ad where the guy calls in the middle of the night to check they are still there. Because i called Dell the other day and instead of the guy in the advert I got Ranjid in New Delhi who didn't understand a word I said and was about as helpful to me as the 3 rupees a week he is being paid!!!!!

At least make your adverts truthful Dell, have the guy calling at 3 in the morning and have a guy with a "It ain't half hot Mum - goodness gracious me" accent not understanding the guys paranoia about them not being there because it is not on the script!

Patrick
Old Apr 14th 2005, 3:54 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
The Dell ad where the guy calls in the middle of the night to check they are still there. Because i called Dell the other day and instead of the guy in the advert I got Ranjid in New Delhi who didn't understand a word I said and was about as helpful to me as the 3 rupees a week he is being paid!!!!!
There has been a lot of discussion about this here since Austin is Dell's headquarters. We of course wish that the call-centre jobs were here, but it all boils down to cost.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:51 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clydegirl
Sylvan Learning Centre - make me want to hurl
I'll second that.
Annoying teenagers with perfect hair and smiles so white they blind you, finding creative ways to give mum their great new school report. The skateboarding one is particularly annoying.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
I'll second that.
Annoying teenagers with perfect hair and smiles so white they blind you, finding creative ways to give mum their great new school report. The skateboarding one is particularly annoying.
any car advert that doesnt actually mention any features etc about the car,dumb adverts
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:05 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chukka
any car advert that doesnt actually mention any features etc about the car,dumb adverts
Like the Mazda advert where the guy says "then there is this car with all this stuff" - what ****ing stuff!! engine, tires, seat belts?

Last edited by Patrick; Apr 15th 2005 at 3:08 am.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:14 am
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

The Quiznos ads with the dopey baby mouth thing.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:43 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
Like the Mazda advert where the guy says "then there is this car with all this stuff" - what ****ing stuff!! engine, tires, seat belts?
Or how about any car ad involving the terms 'customer cash', 'bonus cash' etc...
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:45 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Or how about any car ad involving the terms 'customer cash', 'bonus cash' etc...
I hate to defend car ads, but.....these are the terms used by the manufacturers on the rebate sheets. The Dealers don't make them up.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:47 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

those tollhouse cookie adds where everyone is a thicko and asks about the cake ingredients...muppets
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:29 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Another one, those Victoria Secrets adds with the really hammy Brit voice over....they don't have any ******* stores in England anymore, bugger all to do with Britain...
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:33 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Another one, those Victoria Secrets adds with the really hammy Brit voice over....they don't have any ******* stores in England anymore, bugger all to do with Britain...
I've never viewed a Victoria Secret advert and listened to the dialogue.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
don't think it really matters what accent they speak in..........
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by emmals
don't think it really matters what accent they speak in..........
digressing a lil,i saw the old SMASH potato add the other night
Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chukka
digressing a lil,i saw the old SMASH potato add the other night
not the one with the physco robots??????
classic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.