Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Adds that make you see red?

Wikiposts

Adds that make you see red?

Old Jun 7th 2005, 3:28 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adds that make you see red?

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I had to resurrect this thread because of the new GM employee discount commercial.

GM are cutting 25000 jobs in the US.
Not to mention them saying there the biggest and best car company in the world...hmmm...
Old Jun 7th 2005, 3:28 pm
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
Arrrrghhhh!!!!!

I hate that crap.

Mind you, Corti-Slim with Dr Greg C Namone (or whatever the hell his name is) is pissing me off too.

Oh yes, Dr. Greg and his famous quote "it's not your fault you're fat or overweight".

The Ambien advert that tells you that one of the side effects is "drowsiness". DUH

And the drug that helps you if you have an "overactive bladder" yet the side effects are that is causes "difficulty in urinating".
Old Jun 7th 2005, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynne
Oh yes, Dr. Greg and his famous quote "it's not your fault you're fat or overweight".
I hate the ad that says "These pills are just far too expensive for regular dieters" and implies the pills are too powerful.

Yeah right.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 12:20 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I had to resurrect this thread because of the new GM employee discount commercial.

GM are cutting 25000 jobs in the US.
.............and the sneaky little misleading GM commercial barely mentions that "All Americans" can only get this offer at "participating dealers".

It reminds me of the Blockbuster video "no late fee" advertisement. When I checked at our local store they had a sign up saying that they don't particiapte. In fact, they said, no store in Florida participates in the "no late fee" promotion.

I think I'll start a new thread.................
Old Jul 12th 2005, 12:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

To bring this back....that f'ing microsoft windows commercial with the annoying runt of a kid going on about reading...well annoying...
Old Jul 12th 2005, 12:20 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
To bring this back....that f'ing microsoft windows commercial with the annoying runt of a kid going on about reading...well annoying...
Any ad with the word 'Microsoft' in it Bob...
Old Jul 12th 2005, 12:52 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

My vote is for the Vongage ad-sounds like yodeling in it- LOUD irritating yodeling- I don't like it.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 12:26 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

The DQ Blizzard ad with the 2 Indian Lab Technicians and their oh so annoying and over the top Indian accents talking to a bloody wasp!
Old Aug 16th 2005, 3:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Just to bring this back again

But the fabreeze commercials are doing my head in, especially the tw@ish one with the kid sniffing the couch and wearing his pants on his head.

Those spam blocker AOL one's also...oh and there are a couple more, but i've calmed down now
Old Aug 16th 2005, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Funny this should come up again...

I hate the advert for those vacuum storage packs.

It says: "Look how much space you can save in your closet by moving things elsewhere".

You don't need to buy anything for that to work.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 11:21 pm
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Just to bring this back again

But the fabreeze commercials are doing my head in, especially the tw@ish one with the kid sniffing the couch and wearing his pants on his head.

Those spam blocker AOL one's also...oh and there are a couple more, but i've calmed down now

That just reminded me of that annoying old commercial in the UK for Shake n' Vac where that obnoxious woman dances while vacuums and sings "Do the Shake n' Vac and bring the freshness back". That annoying jingle will stick in my mind for ever which I guess is what the ad people want.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 1:49 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

The bloke who seems to be everywhere at the moment advertising his book "Natural Cures They Dont Want You To Know About" comes across as a complete and total w*nker. I just want to smash the Tv with a brick whenever I see him, which is a shame as I seem to come across him everytime I change channels.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 5:21 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Just to revive this thread...but grrr....that f'ing set of Staples adverts with the Easy button...especially the one with the paper jam...I just want to slam there heads into the copier....I can't be the only one can I?

Oh, and while at it, that one where the two people look like a pair of chickens...I think it's a burgerking ad? can't remember...oh...and those boomerang adverts for whatever it is steakhouse....grrr...
Old Oct 15th 2005, 6:22 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

ANYTHING with Billy Mays in it!!!!!
Old Oct 15th 2005, 7:03 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by rushman
ANYTHING with Billy Mays in it!!!!!
who??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.