Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Adds that make you see red?

Wikiposts

Adds that make you see red?

Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adds that make you see red?

All the AOL adds...they make people look ******' stupid, especially the new virus ones, plus AOL is crap.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 4:52 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by woodsey
Not sure if this has already been mentioned but the Ford ad where the woman sings "my baby is a genuine Ford"
Does that mean millions of people around the world are driving around in 'fake' Fords, and I hate country music

but you're always singing this song ??????????
Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:33 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

The one for Ricola. That one is a European import I believe and it is STUPID!
Old Feb 16th 2005, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

That "I've been everywhere man, I've been everywhere man" is getting on my nerves at the minute! No idea what its advertising, I just always seem to hear it on the TV in the background.....

Edit: Just remembered, its Best Western Hotels
Old Feb 16th 2005, 4:27 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
All the AOL adds...they make people look ******' stupid, especially the new virus ones, plus AOL is crap.

Hey! Making folks paranoid is a tried and tested method for taking the lead here in the US. If it's good enough for W, it's good enough for me!
Old Feb 17th 2005, 12:41 am
Gurning up a storm!

Location: Just moved back to NH from UK after the wife and I tried living in UK
Suffolk Bumpkin has a spectacular aura aboutSuffolk Bumpkin has a spectacular aura aboutSuffolk Bumpkin has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bob
The McD's add with the plank going on about the fish, just want to nail gun him to the wall...

another one, the Jeep add with the volcano and the small print "Do not attempt", do not attempt what? getting blown out of a volcano? why? or to drive off road?

Any others that get on your goat?

Yup -

1) All ads where they repeat the phone number at the end THREE fekkin times...like you 're a bloody moron or something. And on a few its FOUR times!!!!........AARRGGHHH!!! INCREDIBLE HULK TIIIIMMEEEEE>>..>>rrriiipppp!!!...split...You wont LIKE ME when I'm ANGREEE...PUUKE!!!BBAAARFFF!!!! (Sounds of TV being hauled out the window).

2) Any med. advert that paints an arcadian picture of healthy happy farts, running around tickling each other or whatever - then at the end says something like " These meds may have unforseen side affects, like heart failure, headaches and heavy bleeding from the gums, elbows and wallet". Christ - it sounds like you're gonna die just taking that stuff.

3) Any advert that makes you feel inferior because you dont have what the people on the advert say you need (like ultra violet teeth, or an ecosystem mashing offroad wank-mobile.)

4) The advert at the top of this forum page that keeps jiggling and WIGGLING to get my bloody attention....HULK SMASH!!!!

5) All adverts that have to portray what is a simple , fairly boring product as a 'trendy, interesting, stylish, lifestyle' thing.....rather than just what it is in reality. The more hype given to a product, generally is an indicator of its ordinary, boring nature. Genuine good products tend not to do this as they can trade on the real quality of the product.

Hulk sleep now...ZZzzzzzzz (PARP)
Old Feb 17th 2005, 9:01 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

well those mbna rugby adds are being pulled...apparantly they never expected anyone to actually ask for the England rugby card, but they have had loads...and they don't offer the card, not even in europe...so it's being pulled there...they also didn't realise it was going out when the six nations were going on...
Old Feb 17th 2005, 11:10 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suffolk Bumpkin
2) Any med. advert that paints an arcadian picture of healthy happy farts, running around tickling each other or whatever - then at the end says something like " These meds may have unforseen side affects, like heart failure, headaches and heavy bleeding from the gums, elbows and wallet". Christ - it sounds like you're gonna die just taking that stuff.
LMAO!!! that's so true!!
Old Feb 17th 2005, 2:54 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw one for Coke with the son thinking what his dad has done for him so he can give him the last coke and no word of a lie he thinks

"thanks dad for teaching me the complexities of automatic transmission"

yes, when I drive I always marvel how complicated it is to put the car in one single gear and then, using one foot only, drive around. Gosh only people with PHD's should be able to drive in America.

I mean, we are talking about a nation that finds using two utensils to eat with too difficult an achievement.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 11:45 am
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Suffolk Bumpkin
3) Any advert that makes you feel inferior because you dont have what the people on the advert say you need (like ultra violet teeth, or an ecosystem mashing offroad wank-mobile.)
Or because you do have "body soil" from not washing your clothes in Clorox bleach. I mean, wtf????
Old Feb 18th 2005, 11:56 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Since I've been here, the only tv I've watched was the Superbowl. Those are supposed to be the best that US advertising has to offer??? Wtf!
Old Feb 18th 2005, 12:10 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
well those mbna rugby adds are being pulled...apparantly they never expected anyone to actually ask for the England rugby card, but they have had loads...and they don't offer the card, not even in europe...so it's being pulled there...they also didn't realise it was going out when the six nations were going on...
I thought the only reason there was a rugby theme to the ads was because of the Six Nations tournament! Oh well....

No disclaimer on the advert I wonder? Ooh. Smell some civil legal action about to happen.

NC Penguin
Old Feb 18th 2005, 12:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Since I've been here, the only tv I've watched was the Superbowl. Those are supposed to be the best that US advertising has to offer??? Wtf!
yeah, pants weren't they...but then I guess they weren't trying to offend after last years...shame really...
Old Feb 18th 2005, 12:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I thought the only reason there was a rugby theme to the ads was because of the Six Nations tournament! Oh well....
yeah....it's going down as a big booboo....
But because of all the calls, they are looking into trying to be able to offer a rugby card...
Old Feb 18th 2005, 5:45 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Anything by Lysol - God forbid that you should ever gain immunity from germs.

Anything involving disposable (flushable) toilet brushes.

Any of the plug-in air fresheners. Look mum, I've got allergies too, and I've been breathing solvents all day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.