Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Adds that make you see red?

Wikiposts

Adds that make you see red?

Old Mar 31st 2005, 11:44 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adds that make you see red?

On the other hand, my fav ad is a Geico one where they go 'on the road' and the gecko has to face about 10 cats who look like they're about to eat him. Then at the end he has his little arm in a sling .... dunno why but I think it's cute. I also love the 'caveman' Geico one too.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

cheeseasaurusrex..makes me want to buy a baseball bat and smash the telly into a million pieces
Old Apr 1st 2005, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by woodsey
cheeseasaurusrex..makes me want to buy a baseball bat and smash the telly into a million pieces
you sing that in your sleep you know ..
Old Apr 1st 2005, 11:15 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
you sing that in your sleep you know ..
That's the annoying thing. You can detest an ad so much, but somehow it gets to you. The advertisers say that means they've been successful!
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Guelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Belly fat!! Every other advert seems to be for women who suffer from belly fat - 'stress belly fat', 'hormonal belly fat' - but never 'eaten one too many burgers belly fat'! And, why is it that there aren't any pills for men who have fat guts being advertised 24/7?
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:32 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guelder Rose
Belly fat!! Every other advert seems to be for women who suffer from belly fat - 'stress belly fat', 'hormonal belly fat' - but never 'eaten one too many burgers belly fat'! And, why is it that there aren't any pills for men who have fat guts being advertised 24/7?
I can hear the ad now, "Sick of unwanted belly fat? Tired of carrying those extra pounds? Then stop going to McDonald's, eat some decent food, and get off your arse and do some exercise."
I can't see it happening somehow.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Guelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
I can hear the ad now, "Sick of unwanted belly fat? Tired of carrying those extra pounds? Then stop going to McDonald's, eat some decent food, and get off your arse and do some exercise."
I can't see it happening somehow.
You come from Dorset? Oh god, how I love that area and how I miss it!

I used to go camping at Durdle Door when I was a teenager ... my brothers, their mates and me, all sharing two useless tents! More recently, some twenty years later, I went with my youngest brother and stayed in a B&B ... we spent three days walking, something that just doesn't happen much here in the US!
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 9:45 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

The new commercial for tampons where the woman (forgive the words I use) plugs a hole in a boat to stop a leak
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 10:07 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
The new commercial for tampons where the woman (forgive the words I use) plugs a hole in a boat to stop a leak
That's been on for a while...and I keep expecting the tampon to suck the lake dry, would have at least been funny
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 12:24 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an "add" that's been around for ages but I just saw it again and had to moan about it: The Hummer H2 ad in which the kid builds himself a miniature hummer out of planks so he can enter a go-kart race. He then wins the race by driving straight down the hill to the finishing line, totally ignoring the actual course, and blocking all the other kids at the end with the huge width of his hummer go-kart. The intended message seems to be that cheats do prosper, which is totally in line with the sod-the-planet-and-everyone-on-it mentality that seems to be a prerequisite for Hummer drivers.

http://www.fuh2.com/
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 12:34 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
Cool site although it is funny to see just how many people can't show the finger

This one looks more like something you'd see at a Star Trek convention.

Last edited by rincewind; Apr 2nd 2005 at 12:36 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 12:34 pm
I still love a brit :0)

KarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
Here's an "add" that's been around for ages but I just saw it again and had to moan about it: The Hummer H2 ad in which the kid builds himself a miniature hummer out of planks so he can enter a go-kart race. He then wins the race by driving straight down the hill to the finishing line, totally ignoring the actual course, and blocking all the other kids at the end with the huge width of his hummer go-kart. The intended message seems to be that cheats do prosper, which is totally in line with the sod-the-planet-and-everyone-on-it mentality that seems to be a prerequisite for Hummer drivers.

http://www.fuh2.com/

The new burger king commercials. The plastic face and voice freaks me out
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 1:49 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IluvAbrit
The new burger king commercials. The plastic face and voice freaks me out
The one with Hootie an the Cowboys cheerleaders? I like that one
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 1:50 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
The one with Hootie an the Cowboys cheerleaders? I like that one
I like it too.

nowt to do with Hootie mind.......
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:07 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
Cool site although it is funny to see just how many people can't show the finger

This one looks more like something you'd see at a Star Trek convention.
ewww are those fingers deformed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.