Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old May 1st 2013, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by marbella-james
Im just wondering but as i will have a new passport would i be able to apply for ESTA/VWP.
A new passport does not eradicate the reasons as to why you have become ineligible to use the VWP. Im afraid that status is tied to the person not the passport.
Old May 4th 2013, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

corrine23 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello everyone, I'm new to this nut have been following for some time now, i applied for a wavier last year June and receive my wavier and visa Xmas eve 2012, it was exactly 25 weeks to the day, i received a one year multiple entry, i have used it once in February, and will be using it again in July, now my question is i need to apply for another wavier for the December, can i apply for a new waiver this month? will it effect my travel in the summer, if it is issued before i go to the USA in the summer? help some one?
Old May 4th 2013, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by corrine23
hello everyone, I'm new to this nut have been following for some time now, i applied for a wavier last year June and receive my wavier and visa Xmas eve 2012, it was exactly 25 weeks to the day, i received a one year multiple entry, i have used it once in February, and will be using it again in July, now my question is i need to apply for another wavier for the December, can i apply for a new waiver this month? will it effect my travel in the summer, if it is issued before i go to the USA in the summer? help some one?
You can use the existing waiver if, during your proposed trip in December, you'll be entering the USA before the expiry date, Visas only need to be valid at entry, not when you leave the USA.

If however you will be entering the USA after the current waiver expires, then you have no option but to make a fresh application and do it as soon as possible (to allow for any hold ups or delays in the process - current wait times still appear to be in excess of 20 weeks, not including time taken to courier passports for visa issuance).

Given the current waiting times, it's highly unlikely you'll receive a new waiver before the time of your summer trip. Any new application won't affect those travel plans either. The existing waiver will only be cancelled when you send your passport in for the new one to be issued.
Old May 5th 2013, 11:52 am
Just Joined

corrine23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, this has helped alot, going to apply next week.
Old May 8th 2013, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

24 weeks now.... still nothing.......
Old May 8th 2013, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

marbella-james is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know how long AP can take? Week 51 now and starting to think is this is really worth it. I think in the UK it is alot easier to apply for WV as there seems to be a definitive timeline.
Old May 8th 2013, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you had expired passport issues??
Old May 8th 2013, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know how long AP can take? Week 51 now and starting to think is this is really worth it. I think in the UK it is alot easier to apply for WV as there seems to be a definitive timeline.
AP is an unknown entity. You will only know how long it takes upon the completion of it. There is no way to rush the process or check on its status, as in where they are in the process.
Old May 8th 2013, 3:01 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Some people have been waiting for several years. Each situation is unique and takes as long as it takes. There is no deadline.

Regards, JEff

Anyone know how long AP can take?
Old May 8th 2013, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

marbella-james is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TranceMaster
I thought you had expired passport issues??
I do-Im now in the process of applying for a new one but couldnt do that until the US embassy returned the old one. Once i have the new one they want to send it to them but that means i cant travel anywhere-catch 22!
Old May 9th 2013, 10:29 am
Just Joined

spider123 is an unknown quantity at this point

GOT EMAIL 24 WEEKS 0 DAYS FROM INTERVIEW HAPPY HAPPY
Old May 9th 2013, 11:11 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spider123
Good news for you. Just remember to keep these timeframes in mind if you ever require another waiver in the future. The process is slow and does take a long time. Better to accept that and plan accordingly rather than become bitter and frustrated at what you perceive to be a lack of progress.
Old May 9th 2013, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spider123
awesome. now you can go enjoy your vacation.
Old May 9th 2013, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

spider123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Good news for you. Just remember to keep these timeframes in mind if you ever require another waiver in the future. The process is slow and does take a long time. Better to accept that and plan accordingly rather than become bitter and frustrated at what you perceive to be a lack of progress.
will do next time
Old May 10th 2013, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

LP86 is an unknown quantity at this point

A family member is currently waiting for a waiver
It's 20 weeks today & we go away two weeks,
Thursday just gone... On his app he was advised
20-22 weeks, has anyone had it back in 20 weeks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.