Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 1st 2013, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

rmart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

WOW, joined this thread for a but of a chat bit all you get is a few idiots.

Maybe you think you are better than me because I was a bit of a rogue when younger but let me tell you, you are not.

Do you know why there are lots in line all affected by the US decision to change their system ? do you know what the change is ?

Answer is no. You just thought you would be 'higher than thou'.

Ian, your own description of yourself is spot on.

Material controller : I know it does not revolve around me.it does not revolve around your opinion either.

I know the reason I and lots of others are disappointed with the US changing their system. do you ?
Old Apr 1st 2013, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rmart
Indeed, quite right! I don't try to cover up what I think with vague and mysterious posts such as...

I know the reason ... do you ?
Thanks for making my point!

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Apr 1st 2013 at 7:28 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 7:28 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

WOW, joined this thread for a but of a chat bit all you get is a few idiots.

Maybe you think you are better than me because I was a bit of a rogue when younger but let me tell you, you are not.

Do you know why there are lots in line all affected by the US decision to change their system ? do you know what the change is ?

Answer is no. You just thought you would be 'higher than thou'.

Material controller : I know it does not revolve around me.it does not revolve around your opinion either.

I know the reason I and lots of others are disappointed with the US changing their system. do you ?
Cool your jets.

I've been a rogue myself in the past and have had two visa waivers so far. So with the greatest of respect, I fully understand the situation you describe because I've been through it.

The difference is in how we deal with it. You seem intent on getting upset about the extra time involved. I on the other hand, just accept it for what it is. I think it's futile to get upset about factors that are totally out of your control. If you want to howl at the moon, go right ahead, but expect to be commented on.

I'm also not bothered about the huge numbers of people who lie on their ESTA's and get away with travelling on the VWP, which is something else you mentioned. Good luck to them. I worry about myself and my own behaviour.

The US government hasn't created this mess. YOU did when you got involved in criminality. As did I. The process is what it is and we just have to put up with it.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 7:37 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

In the FWIW department, waivers are within the jurisdiction of Department of Homeland Security [formerly with "INS" in the Department of Justice -- that changed 10 years ago]. However, it was common for CIS/INS to "delegate" authority to local consulates in "clearly approvable" cases. However, this resulted in the filing fees going into the State Department's account. So, in the stated interest in "efficiency" and "security," the delegation was withdrawn and the applications brought home so to speak. Also, even with an application was adjudicated by an overseas office of DHS/INS, those officers have diplomatic status and overseas officers are more expensive to the Government than domestic based adjudicators.

So, it has nothing to do with the beneficiary.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

rmart is an unknown quantity at this point

Materialcomtroller, I appreciate your response.

S Folinsky, thank you for your response. Much appreciated.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

i agree but I only meany in cases where it is clear an individual has not been in any trouble for over 20 years.

You and I both know there are many that go on the esta and just be dishonest. At least I acted in accordance with the US system.
Honesty isnt always the best policy
Old Apr 4th 2013, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TranceMaster
Honesty isnt always the best policy
Oh but it is.

If a few more people had been honest (myself included) and hadn't gone out thieving, lying and acting in an immoral fashion; none of us would be in this situation vis-a-vis US Immigration difficulties.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

wraggle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

My fiancee applied for a B-2 visa and we had the interview on 5th Oct 2012 in London. He was referred for a waiver of inelegibility on grounds of CIMT but we have not heard anything since.

At my calculation this is 27 weeks? Has anybody else been waiting this long?

I am worried because people have mentioned here a letter they were given when they were referred with the grounds for the referral and approximate waiting times, but he swears he wasnt given any letter (or he cant remember being given the letter).

So I am not sure how we can track the referral if we need to chase it?
I was going to wait til the end of April and start chasing....does this seem reasonable timescales?

Old Apr 8th 2013, 1:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wraggle
Hi guys,

My fiancee applied for a B-2 visa and we had the interview on 5th Oct 2012 in London. He was referred for a waiver of inelegibility on grounds of CIMT but we have not heard anything since.

At my calculation this is 27 weeks? Has anybody else been waiting this long?

I am worried because people have mentioned here a letter they were given when they were referred with the grounds for the referral and approximate waiting times, but he swears he wasnt given any letter (or he cant remember being given the letter).

So I am not sure how we can track the referral if we need to chase it?
I was going to wait til the end of April and start chasing....does this seem reasonable timescales?

Your timescale is broadly in line with the recent experiences of other people that have commented here. AFAIK there is no way to track an adjudication decision for a waiver of ineligibility. You will be told the outcome as soon as the DHS have ruled on the case.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 9:36 am
Just Joined

wraggle is an unknown quantity at this point

He got a final reminder email last night telling us to submit his passport. We are just waiting for the embassy to ring us now to take payment

He must have deleted or missed the first email! Phew!

So he has been accepted and we will just wait to get the visa back to find out how long the visa is for.

Good luck everybody out there and don't give up.

Old Apr 12th 2013, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

spider123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wraggle
He got a final reminder email last night telling us to submit his passport. We are just waiting for the embassy to ring us now to take payment

He must have deleted or missed the first email! Phew!

So he has been accepted and we will just wait to get the visa back to find out how long the visa is for.

Good luck everybody out there and don't give up.

Hi thats really good news how long had u been waiting for you visa,or when did you have the interview at the embassy thanks
Old Apr 12th 2013, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spider123
Hi thats really good news how long had u been waiting for you visa,or when did you have the interview at the embassy thanks
Not two posts up from your question the answer lies
Old Apr 13th 2013, 7:38 am
Just Joined

spider123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DavidLemon
Not two posts up from your question the answer lies
Ok read now, but its not 27 weeks cause they say got a final reminder email, so just wanted to know how many weeks from the first email it would say on this email it was when originally sent so wanted to know how many weeks from then cause they missed the first email.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... so just wanted to know how many weeks from the first email it would say on this email it was when originally sent so wanted to know how many weeks from then cause they missed the first email.
How long is a piece of string? HTG, you're asking a question that can't be answered? Why? Because sometimes you'll get an email... and sometimes you won't. The system is highly unreliable and inconsistent. Further, if someone says it took 10 weeks between emails and someone else said it took only 3 weeks between emails... which do you find more reliable? They're both correct.

If/when you get an email response, you'll have your exact answer.

Ian
Old Apr 13th 2013, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Ok read now, but its not 27 weeks
See your original question, if you read it verbatim, then the answer is they waited 27 weeks. Regardless of the fact they missed any emails letters or phone calls, the end result is that they waited 27 weeks. If you meant something else it might be prudent in future to actually write what you are really asking.

Oh and what Ian says is spot on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.