Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old May 23rd 2024, 1:45 am
Just Joined

Natfar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Still waiting for my passport to come back from the embassy was sent 10 days ago.

but in the meantime has anyone had no live trace back on the acro (husbands has just come back) and did you get a visa granted on the day or have to wait? If so
Old May 24th 2024, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

sevorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately, The U.S does not recognise the "rehabilitation of offenders" the same as the UK. No live trace means that under the rehabilitation of offenders, an offence has been committed but due to length of time has been "stepped down". As far as the US is concerned the offence is "live" and as such it very much depends on what the offence was as to how the Con Off will treat it,ie if it was considered moral turpitude they would have to consider if a waiver was suitable. Without knowing what the offence was it would be impossible to give any guidance on the issue of a visa on the day..
Old May 24th 2024, 1:25 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Natfar

but in the meantime has anyone had no live trace back on the acro (husbands has just come back) and did you get a visa granted on the day or have to wait? If so
As per the Reciprocity Table from the Department of State, the no live trace notation requires submission of the Subject Access Record.

You don’t say why your husband has the no live trace notation.
Old May 26th 2024, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
As per the Reciprocity Table from the Department of State, the no live trace notation requires submission of the Subject Access Record.

You don’t say why your husband has the no live trace notation.

apologies not sure why it’s come back as no live trace he has a couple of moter offences but the main one is a battery charge from 25yrs ago.

so do we have to now apply for a different certificate or send the ones that came with his acro?

I am actually still
waiting for my passport to be returned from the embassy with the visa issuance I sent it to them on the 7th May.

I am going on holiday in 2 weeks (non USA) so hoping they do t have it too much longer

Last edited by Natfar; May 26th 2024 at 7:31 pm.
Old May 28th 2024, 6:48 am
Just Joined

Wales44 is an unknown quantity at this point

apologies not sure why it’s come back as no live trace he has a couple of moter offences but the main one is a battery charge from 25yrs ago.

so do we have to now apply for a different certificate or send the ones that came with his acro?

I am actually still
waiting for my passport to be returned from the embassy with the visa issuance I sent it to them on the 7th May.

I am going on holiday in 2 weeks (non USA) so hoping they do t have it too much longer
did it arrive yet?
Old May 28th 2024, 6:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wales44
did it arrive yet?
no still waiting!
Old May 28th 2024, 6:59 am
Just Joined

no still waiting!
I had my appointment in Feb 2024, had a refusal with an email stating that a waiver has been requested by the consular officer to the homeland security team. In the email they said ‘ it will take longer to process my visa as approval is needed from the DHLS. This can take 4 to 6 months!
My offence was 30 years ago. Anyway it is what it is!
im hoping it takes 4 not 6 months. I had my appointment in Dublin. I hope the consulate is faster there. I understood that the delay can also come from the embassy in submitting the request and following up on the response.

Time goes by!
Old May 28th 2024, 7:12 am
Just Joined

I had my appointment in Feb 2024, had a refusal with an email stating that a waiver has been requested by the consular officer to the homeland security team. In the email they said ‘ it will take longer to process my visa as approval is needed from the DHLS. This can take 4 to 6 months!
My offence was 30 years ago. Anyway it is what it is!
im hoping it takes 4 not 6 months. I had my appointment in Dublin. I hope the consulate is faster there. I understood that the delay can also come from the embassy in submitting the request and following up on the response.

Time goes by!

the current wait is around 7-9 months London or Dublin. My letter also said 6 months we are just hitting 8 months now although I have had to submit my passport for visa issuance 3 weeks ago just waiting on them sending it back

Old May 28th 2024, 7:21 am
Just Joined

no still waiting!
the current wait is around 7-9 months London or Dublin. My letter also said 6 months we are just hitting 8 months now although I have had to submit my passport for visa issuance 3 weeks ago just waiting on them sending it back
…so around 7 months for an answer! Then the passport visa sticker thing takes time, I guess.
I was hoping Dublin would be quicker, getting the appointment was for sure. September/ October it is then
Old May 28th 2024, 7:23 am
Just Joined

…so around 7 months for an answer! Then the passport visa sticker thing takes time, I guess.
I was hoping Dublin would be quicker, getting the appointment was for sure. September/ October it is then
yes that’s a good point to start! I started this process over a year ago! Sent for my ACRO in feb 23 had to wait until sept for an appointment, got my email to submit in May and looks like it will be June before I hopefully get it back with the visa in.
Old May 28th 2024, 7:28 am
Just Joined

waitinggame24 is an unknown quantity at this point

heading in to month 9 here..... interview sept 2023. Request for info form completed and told admin processing etc....
Old May 28th 2024, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by waitinggame24
heading in to month 9 here..... interview sept 2023. Request for info form completed and told admin processing etc....
Did you get refused in the CEAC website already? my case was last updated March 25th - status refused :-(

9 months is longer than normal according to the posts here. Are you sure they requested a waiver for you? Where did you go London?
Old May 28th 2024, 8:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Did you get refused in the CEAC website already? my case was last updated March 25th - status refused :-(

9 months is longer than normal according to the posts here. Are you sure they requested a waiver for you? Where did you go London?
Any that were shorter will be quite old I'd think. The new quoted processing time is 9 months - https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/ineli...s-and-waivers/
Old May 28th 2024, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

waitinggame24 is an unknown quantity at this point

CEAC was refused a day or 2 after interview, hasn't been updated since. Had to send an up to date ACRO cert, which was sent mid October 2023. They don't acknowledge receipt of docs so haven't heard a word since. This is 3rd waiver... first 2 from Belfast - tourist B visas, this one London - E visa. Yes they have requested the waiver....
Old May 31st 2024, 5:47 am
Just Joined

Little update sent my passport off for issuance on the 7th May. Just checked Ceac website and it’s changed to approved today. Hopefully have my passport back at some point this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.