Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Mar 10th 2016, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

Puggielou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No. It's actually between 7-8 months.

Yes. The visa will show refused until such time as the waiver is approved, at which point it will change.

No. You'll hear nothing whatsoever from now until such time as the waiver is approved and you'll receive notice for him to send his passport.

Almost all waiver recommendations are eventually approved. Indeed, I've not heard of a single waiver recommendation that has been denied.

Do not book any travel until the passport is in your husband's hands. Yes, it'll be expensive... but the cost to your mental health will be more expensive. There is absolutely nothing you can do at this point except wait.

The person lied to you - either deliberately or because he didn't know any better. Regardless, the person is allowed to lie to you with impunity.

Ian
Thank you very much for answering all my questions. Do I just have to trust that everything will be sent of and getting dealt with? Don't want 8 months to come and go when the waiver may not have even been sent!
Also it may sound daft but that's why am asking until he has the visa can he not fly even though it's in process?
Old Mar 11th 2016, 12:01 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Puggielou
Do I just have to trust that everything will be sent of and getting dealt with?
Unfortunately, yes.

... until he has the visa can he not fly even though it's in process?
He can certainly fly... anywhere except to the US.

Ian
Old Mar 11th 2016, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Puggielou is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Unfortunately, yes.

He can certainly fly... anywhere except to the US.

Ian
Ok thanks for you help I really appreciate it
Old Mar 11th 2016, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

mj0903 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Waiting for my husband's L2 visa to be sent to him following approval of waiver of ineligibility...I provided updated credit card details to them today on their request.

Am thinking that once payment taken (likely Monday as think they close at 12EST) then visa will be sent to courier

Welcome opinions!
Thanks
Old Mar 12th 2016, 8:10 am
k.b
Just Joined

k.b is an unknown quantity at this point

Attended interview october 7th 2015 recieved email yesterday march 11th to submit my passport for visa issue so 24 weeks total time taken I was originally due to fly on tuesday so although the process was quicker than i had expected i would never of got my passprt back in time to fly tuesday!

I am slightly confused what to do next it says in person delivery does this i mean i take it to the embassy myself or drop it off a the dx courier in london?

Another note for anyone wondering throughout the process my status always said refused and the only time this changed was when i got the email
Old Mar 12th 2016, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Loulabelle00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Update.......my husband attended his interview on 17th September and this was for his 2nd Visa. We got the e-mail last Wednesday 2nd asking us to submit Passport for Visa issuance - 5 months & 15 days. He took his Passport to the Courier the next day and we received the e-mail yesterday to say that it had left the Embassy and was on it's way back to the Courier. I then tracked with the Courier and it is ready for collection from Monday. I understand the whole process is lengthy but it can prove to be very stressful!! To say we are overjoyed is an understatement as we fly to Vegas on Wednesday.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by k.b
Attended interview october 7th 2015 recieved email yesterday march 11th to submit my passport for visa issue so 24 weeks total time taken I was originally due to fly on tuesday so although the process was quicker than i had expected i would never of got my passprt back in time to fly tuesday!

I am slightly confused what to do next it says in person delivery does this i mean i take it to the embassy myself or drop it off a the dx courier in london?

Another note for anyone wondering throughout the process my status always said refused and the only time this changed was when i got the email

Hi K B

You take it to the Courier yourself. There is a link on the e-mail which shows you where the Courier's are based. You can send it by Registered Post but having read some of the comments on here, I think you are better to deliver your Passport in person and then you can track the process every step of the way, From receiving our e-mail regarding submitting Passport for Visa issuance to e-mail saying Passport was on way back to Courier was 10 days in total. The Embassy is stating on it's website that it is taking 11 calendar days for Visas to be issued but calendar days does include weekends.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 8:59 am
k.b
Just Joined

k.b is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Loulabelle00
Hi K B

You take it to the Courier yourself. There is a link on the e-mail which shows you where the Courier's are based. You can send it by Registered Post but having read some of the comments on here, I think you are better to deliver your Passport in person and then you can track the process every step of the way, From receiving our e-mail regarding submitting Passport for Visa issuance to e-mail saying Passport was on way back to Courier was 10 days in total. The Embassy is stating on it's website that it is taking 11 calendar days for Visas to be issued but calendar days does include weekends.

Thank you
Old Mar 12th 2016, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Charley241179
Yay!!! My husband went for his b1/b2 visa interview on the 7th October 2015 and email arrived this morning to send passport.......21 weeks. So there is hope guys this is his 3rd visa so hoping for a bit longer.
Should remember this by now but when I send the passport is it just the passport and the printed page I need to send in. It does say other bits but I remember from last time I didn't need to send in a lot of the stuff they said. Just wondering if anyone has recently sent there's for issuance Charley
My husband went 17th September and received e-mail 2nd March (24 weeks) and this was his 2nd Visa. We are collecting from Courier on Monday!!!
Old Mar 12th 2016, 12:41 pm
Banned

stevenwalker211278 is an unknown quantity at this point

Please please please need some help and advice

had interview 5th october ... got the email yesterday on 11th march

11th march being the date i wa starting my long flight over asia

i have just landed here now and lost what to do now

asking to courier my passport ... so should i send my passport back to uk and let them do it .. and also when they give you visa do they courier it back to a home address as il still be in thailand and i could have had someone post it back to me here
Old Mar 12th 2016, 12:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenwalker211278
i have just landed here now and lost what to do now
Where is "here"?

... so should i send my passport back to uk and let them do it .. and also when they give you visa do they courier it back to a home address as il still be in thailand and i could have had someone post it back to me here
Ah, you're in Thailand. The UK Consulate in London will likely not send your passport on to Thailand. However, if you want to risk being without your passport while you're in Asia, then yes - they can send it to your home address and you can have someone send it on to you.

Alternately, because I, personally, wouldn't ever want to be without my passport in a foreign country, you can simply delay getting the US visa in your passport until you get back home.

Ian
Old Mar 12th 2016, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

1717uj is an unknown quantity at this point

My interview was sep 21th 2015, for the 1st waiver and didn't hear anything yet. on Wednesday, i sent an email to check if there's any update, but unfortunately no updates as they said.
Old Mar 13th 2016, 1:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by 1717uj
... on Wednesday, i sent an email to check if there's any update, but unfortunately no updates as they said.
You won't hear anything at all until such time as you receive notice to submit your passport.

Ian
Old Mar 14th 2016, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Charley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Loulabelle00
My husband went 17th September and received e-mail 2nd March (24 weeks) and this was his 2nd Visa. We are collecting from Courier on Monday!!!
Fantastic news!!! Yay!!!
So more like 5-6 months guys. I know there are different circumstances. But over here no 7-8 month wait. Fingers crossed for you all
Old Mar 14th 2016, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

just rite is an unknown quantity at this point

waiting since 27th july so 32 weeks gone by no answer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.