Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Mar 14th 2016, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Loulabelle00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Charley241179
Fantastic news!!! Yay!!!
So more like 5-6 months guys. I know there are different circumstances. But over here no 7-8 month wait. Fingers crossed for you all
Collcted passport today and my hubbie been issued with a 5 year Visa. No need to worry now for at least 4 and a half years!! Good luck to everyone waiting for news on their Visa's. Now we can fly to Vegas on Wednesday.
Old Mar 14th 2016, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loulabelle00
Collcted passport today and my hubbie been issued with a 5 year Visa. No need to worry now for at least 4 and a half years!! Good luck to everyone waiting for news on their Visa's. Now we can fly to Vegas on Wednesday.

Excellent news Loula. Thank you for sharing your news.

I am also flying to Vegas on Wednesday
Old Mar 15th 2016, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

James2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Been a while since I have been on the forum and my 1 year multiple entry has since expired, sadly.

I will obviously not make the same mistake as a couple of years ago where, like many, I had paid for a holiday and flights before gaining a full understanding of how long the process takes, however, I am starting to plan ahead and thinking of my next trip to the states. At least this time I will know what I am up against.

I am fairly certain that now my visa has expired I am essentially just starting the process again from scratch; can anyone confirm if that is correct? I believe I have to go right back to the very beginning where you apply for a "US Visa waiver" on line, knowing full well that it will be refused when you tick the box for a criminal conviction?

Any guidance would be much appreciated as always; it's been about 18 months since I have had to think about any of this!
Old Mar 15th 2016, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Charley241179
Yay!!! My husband went for his b1/b2 visa interview on the 7th October 2015 and email arrived this morning to send passport.......21 weeks. So there is hope guys this is his 3rd visa so hoping for a bit longer.
Should remember this by now but when I send the passport is it just the passport and the printed page I need to send in. It does say other bits but I remember from last time I didn't need to send in a lot of the stuff they said. Just wondering if anyone has recently sent there's for issuance Charley
Hi Charley,

Since we last spoke your husband has obviously applied again and been successful- good stuff! I am just starting the process again myself.

In terms of sending off the passport, when I sent mine off, back in August 2014, all that was required was the passport and the email they sent.

Cheers.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

Newyork is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by James2014
Been a while since I have been on the forum and my 1 year multiple entry has since expired, sadly.

I will obviously not make the same mistake as a couple of years ago where, like many, I had paid for a holiday and flights before gaining a full understanding of how long the process takes, however, I am starting to plan ahead and thinking of my next trip to the states. At least this time I will know what I am up against.

I am fairly certain that now my visa has expired I am essentially just starting the process again from scratch; can anyone confirm if that is correct? I believe I have to go right back to the very beginning where you apply for a "US Visa waiver" on line, knowing full well that it will be refused when you tick the box for a criminal conviction?

Any guidance would be much appreciated as always; it's been about 18 months since I have had to think about any of this!
Unfortunately yes, it is back to the beginning again to apply for your next visa.

I still have a valid visa until June but applied last November for my next visa hoping it will arrive just after the existing one expires. Forward planning is essential to have continuous cover if travelling to the USA on a regular basis.

Good luck with your next application.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 2:15 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I am fairly certain that now my visa has expired I am essentially just starting the process again from scratch; can anyone confirm if that is correct?
Correct.

I believe I have to go right back to the very beginning where you apply for a "US Visa waiver" on line, knowing full well that it will be refused when you tick the box for a criminal conviction?
You don't apply for a waiver. You apply for the visa and go to an interview. At the interview, the officer will recommend you for the waiver. Waivers are taking about 8 months more or less.

Ian
Old Mar 15th 2016, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Correct.

You don't apply for a waiver. You apply for the visa and go to an interview. At the interview, the officer will recommend you for the waiver. Waivers are taking about 8 months more or less.

Ian

Thanks Ian.

From memory, the first part of the process was applying through a very lengthy questionnaire online? This then provided a DS number (I think)which enables you to book an appointment at the US embassy where you can be recommended for a waiver as you say?

I am just struggling to remember the very first part of the process which gets you the interview at the embassy.

Yes, my last visa waiver took 8 months exactly and that was in August 2014, so not much has changed it seems.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 4:22 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I am just struggling to remember the very first part of the process which gets you the interview at the embassy.
I believe it's the DS-160 online form that you're thinking about. Good luck.

Ian
Old Mar 15th 2016, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

jem88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Anyone from NZ and still waiting on a waiver of ineligibility? Any idea on wait times right now? My partner went in for his interview 21st Oct 2015 and got recommended for waiver after refusal for visa. Does anyone also know any way you can check the process?

People have probably asked this a million times already, so sorry about that! Just freaking out over what to do as we are booked to fly out on the 14th April (like every other dumb person that books before checking they can actually enter the US).
Old Mar 15th 2016, 8:39 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jem88
Hi everyone,

Anyone from NZ and still waiting on a waiver of ineligibility? Any idea on wait times right now? My partner went in for his interview 21st Oct 2015 and got recommended for waiver after refusal for visa. Does anyone also know any way you can check the process?

People have probably asked this a million times already, so sorry about that! Just freaking out over what to do as we are booked to fly out on the 14th April (like every other dumb person that books before checking they can actually enter the US).
No way to check, the first you will know is getting the e mail I'm afraid. Given your timelines, I would suggest considering rebooking your trip for a later date if you can as it looks as though, given current times, that it will not be sorted out in time.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 8:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Given your timelines, I would suggest considering rebooking your trip for a later date if you can as it looks as though, given current times, that it will not be sorted out in time.
+1. Going on the average timescales quoted above, it would be around June time before he'll hear anything. So it would be better to speak to your airline etc now rather than last minute, as you might find you can change things for a smaller fee.

Good luck.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

just rite is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone know wats the maximum time it can take?
Old Mar 15th 2016, 10:35 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by just rite
How long is a piece of string?.. no-one can tell every case is individual and the timings people are giving are their own timings, I'm sure there are people on here waiting months after others who were referred have got theirs.
Old Mar 16th 2016, 12:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jem88
Any idea on wait times right now?
The wait times are largely the same regardless of where the application was filed - because all waiver decisions are made in the US. On average, the current wait time is about 8 months.

Does anyone also know any way you can check the process?
There is no way to check on the progress... it will take as long as it takes. US immigration has no interest whatsoever in your convenience.

Just freaking out over what to do as we are booked to fly out on the 14th April...
It might happen, but it likely won't.

Ian
Old Mar 16th 2016, 12:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by just rite
The longest I've heard so far is about 17 months.

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.