Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 17th 2016, 10:43 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by stevenwalker211278
... would i be best to arrange interviw again as soon as im back as i want to travel again next year a month after my visa expires
It's impossible to predict how long the process will take by next year, but I suggest you count backwards from the date of your expected travel... about 6 or 8 months, and that's when you submit the new application.

Ian
Old Apr 18th 2016, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Gingernation is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, after a successful visa application and two visits to the US, my partner applied for a new visa in September last year (late Sept). We thought we had to wait for the existing one to run out (a mistake we won't repeat...!).

After a recommendation for another visa, we have looked at the website and we are confused - it seems that it is not possible to review progress looking at one page I viewed, but another one prompted me for the application number. When I entered this it told me the number was incorrect. Might just be the handwriting/me not reading it right.

We would appreciate some advice please - does anyone know if the status can be checked, we are working on an 8 month leadtime and we do not have any travel booked. Reading some posts it seems that other applications have been processed (which is great news obviously) and whilst we have not changed email address, we are becoming concerned the email has slipped through the net.

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 18th 2016, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gingernation
We would appreciate some advice please - does anyone know if the status can be checked...
You can check - but it's a complete waste of time. The visa will show as being denied right up until the day something changes. I suggest you don't bother looking... just wait for the email to come to submit the passport. Meanwhile, get on with life.

... and whilst we have not changed email address, we are becoming concerned the email has slipped through the net.
Do you have any reason to believe that's happened? I'm going to guess no, and that you're simply letting your imagination get the better of you out of anxiety or frustration!

If you applied in late September, it'll likely be late May before you hear anything... and perhaps not even then. The wheels turn slowly, but they do turn.

Ian
Old Apr 19th 2016, 10:12 am
Just Joined

n1kkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by n1kkie
Thanks for sharing Ian, interview 20th Oct, no news yet.
Great news - I received my email requesting passport at 09.25am this morning.

Timeline:
Interview was October 20th 2015 so 26 weeks in total for receipt of email, I guess I was one of the lucky ones to receive it in less than 8 months - I was 1 day short of 6 months.
Still obviously need to wait now for passport to come back.
Good luck to the rest of you still waiting - hang in there.

For information:
I just checked the CEAC web page but it's still showing as 'Refused'
Old Apr 19th 2016, 10:32 am
Just Joined

Gingernation is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You can check - but it's a complete waste of time. The visa will show as being denied right up until the day something changes. I suggest you don't bother looking... just wait for the email to come to submit the passport. Meanwhile, get on with life.

Do you have any reason to believe that's happened? I'm going to guess no, and that you're simply letting your imagination get the better of you out of anxiety or frustration!

If you applied in late September, it'll likely be late May before you hear anything... and perhaps not even then. The wheels turn slowly, but they do turn.

Ian

Thank you Ian, much appreciated - I just needed someone to soothe my paranoia I need to remember the longer it takes, the longer we have to save. Thank you again!
Old Apr 19th 2016, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

just rite is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news - I received my email requesting passport at 09.25am this morning.

Timeline:
Interview was October 20th 2015 so 26 weeks in total for receipt of email, I guess I was one of the lucky ones to receive it in less than 8 months - I was 1 day short of 6 months.
Still obviously need to wait now for passport to come back.
Good luck to the rest of you still waiting - hang in there.

For information:
I just checked the CEAC web page but it's still showing as 'Refused'
very lucky indeed
Old Apr 20th 2016, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

Newyork is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick update.

While enjoying a few weeks in Boston on my existing visa, which expires in June in 7 weeks time I have today received the email requesting my passport for issuance of my next visa.
I attended the interview on November 4th last year in London so 24 weeks since interview. I will send my passport off when I return to the UK in a few weeks time and see if my new visa starts when the existing one ends.
Good luck to everyone else.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 8:00 am
Just Joined

sunshine2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
Just thought I'd let you know my husband had his interview on the 9th November. Received email yesterday at 9.24am to request passport. (23weeks 1day)
Sent passport off yesterday. Will let you know how long it takes to come back.
Good luck to everyone else waiting for theirs.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Newyork
Just a quick update.

While enjoying a few weeks in Boston on my existing visa, which expires in June in 7 weeks time I have today received the email requesting my passport for issuance of my next visa.
I attended the interview on November 4th last year in London so 24 weeks since interview. I will send my passport off when I return to the UK in a few weeks time and see if my new visa starts when the existing one ends.
Good luck to everyone else.
Thts really good enjoy
Old Apr 20th 2016, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sunshine2013
Hi all
Just thought I'd let you know my husband had his interview on the 9th November. Received email yesterday at 9.24am to request passport. (23weeks 1day)
Sent passport off yesterday. Will let you know how long it takes to come back.
Good luck to everyone else waiting for theirs.
Smashing news
Old Apr 21st 2016, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

cazz0069 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It's impossible to predict how long the process will take by next year, but I suggest you count backwards from the date of your expected travel... about 6 or 8 months, and that's when you submit the new application.

Ian
Well this must be a new world record. This is my 2nd waiver, applied 23rd December got my email today to say approved for 5 years.
So 4 months from woe to go.
I really was t expecting to hear for at least another 3 months.
Me not complaining. 👍
Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:36 am
Just Joined

n1kkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cazz0069
Well this must be a new world record. This is my 2nd waiver, applied 23rd December got my email today to say approved for 5 years.
Me not complaining. 👍
Wow, that's speedy, very fortunate. Is it unusual to say in the email the 'length of the Visa'?
Mine didn't say but I am assuming as it's my first it will be for 1 year.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cazz0069
Me not complaining. 👍
Unbeleivable well done
Old Apr 21st 2016, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Wow, that's speedy, very fortunate. Is it unusual to say in the email the 'length of the Visa'?
Mine didn't say but I am assuming as it's my first it will be for 1 year.
My first waiver which I only got in September also told me that it had been approved for 1 year. My time line was much longer though and it took just on 7 months.

I nearly died when I saw the email today. First thing I thought was there was some hiccup.
But nope. There it was... 5 years.
Woohoo.
I'm in Australia but it shouldn't make any difference as it's a world wide queue.
Am I the first on the thread that has gotten it that quickly. I was posting a lot when I applied the first time but the wonderful Ian and the other members just said sit and relax. You'll know when you know.
No point stressing.

Having said that I'm stoked. A wonderful white Christmas to look forward to this year.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by just rite
Unbeleivable well done
Thankyou. To say I'm stoked is an understatement. My understanding irrespective if it was my 2nd or 5th waiver the waiting time is still the same.
Is 5 years a standard time for a 2nd waiver? I was expecting another year again, maybe 2 at best.

What I did notice is now besides the initial fee there is also an issuance fee which I didn't have in September.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.