L1 visa interview timescales

Old Jan 17th 2022, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

jay74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L1 visa interview timescales

Originally Posted by ravik30
I am in the same boat as you. Submitted everything for myself and two dependants and got this strange notification. Appalling how shoddy this process is with no upfront information on any changes they are doing to the existing process....Wish I had seen your message earlier today, might have opted for Belfast since I have a previous visa stamping from there! I have contacted my attorney but pretty sure they are not going to aware of this either. Did you get any guidance from your attorney? Are you planning to send the docs via DX?

Thanks for sharing!
Had a similar experince today. Best guess is that they are changing the process to implement the visa waiver. But the London embassy website indicates that they are doing visa waivers only for renewals. Wish they had provided some more information to clarify the change of not being able to book the appointment- I feel your agony having spent most of the day today with the submissions for me and two dependants! hang in there, hopefully, we will all get some clarity over the next few days!
Old Jan 24th 2022, 2:43 am
Just Joined

midavies is an unknown quantity at this point

Make sure that you do not qualify for a waiver of the interview based on the interview waiver policy announced a few weeks ago, I am apparently not allowed to post the URL to the official US Government's announcement of this waiver policy a few weeks ago.

All the best
Mark
Old Jan 24th 2022, 10:07 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midavies
Make sure that you do not qualify for a waiver of the interview based on the interview waiver policy announced a few weeks ago, I am apparently not allowed to post the URL to the official US Government's announcement of this waiver policy a few weeks ago.

All the best
Mark
Here is the Link to the official announcement.
Old Jan 26th 2022, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

jay74 is an unknown quantity at this point

So it turns out that the US embassy has sent out an alert to the law firm I am using (and assume a few others) that the system is erroneously classifying L1A blanket as being eligible for interview waiver. The feedback from the attorneys was that sending my documents over mail to the embassy would likely result in a 221g, and they asked me to contact the embassy. I contacted the visa information service that we use to schedule appointments and on phone, I was given their technical operations email address (which is also there on their website). I sent an email explaining the problem, and after a couple of days/messages, they reset my account and allowed me to go through the workflow once more, and this time I was able to schedule an appointment. Hope this helps anyone else who has encountered the same problem.
Old Feb 1st 2022, 11:12 am
Just Joined

LondonColt is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a dumb Q, but I am feeling slightly anxious about the whole process so just want to double check. I had my L1-B visa interview yesterday morning, and was told I was approved at the time, given the details to track my application and told it would take 3-5 days to process and then passport sent back to me within a couple of days after that. When I logon to check the status it says that it is is 'administrative processing' that could take 'several weeks'. Is that them just being overly cautious, or is 'adminstrative processing' a different process that I'm now in because there is some sort of problem?
Old Feb 1st 2022, 4:55 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LondonColt
This is a dumb Q, but I am feeling slightly anxious about the whole process so just want to double check. I had my L1-B visa interview yesterday morning, and was told I was approved at the time, given the details to track my application and told it would take 3-5 days to process and then passport sent back to me within a couple of days after that. When I logon to check the status it says that it is is 'administrative processing' that could take 'several weeks'. Is that them just being overly cautious, or is 'adminstrative processing' a different process that I'm now in because there is some sort of problem?
I don’t think you could check like that when I did my L1A 11 years ago, but the timelines match. The fact you were asked to leave your passport is the sign that you were approved. The admin now is to print a visa foil and put it in the passport.
Old Feb 1st 2022, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

You should be fine, it's quite common to see administrative processing briefly while they attach the foil to your Passport. Congrats!
Old Feb 5th 2022, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

dolphin33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jay74
So it turns out that the US embassy has sent out an alert to the law firm I am using (and assume a few others) that the system is erroneously classifying L1A blanket as being eligible for interview waiver. The feedback from the attorneys was that sending my documents over mail to the embassy would likely result in a 221g, and they asked me to contact the embassy. I contacted the visa information service that we use to schedule appointments and on phone, I was given their technical operations email address (which is also there on their website). I sent an email explaining the problem, and after a couple of days/messages, they reset my account and allowed me to go through the workflow once more, and this time I was able to schedule an appointment. Hope this helps anyone else who has encountered the same problem.
I am also in the same situation with L1B Blanket and my lawyers have not received any information about system errors. It seems that the waiver questions in the workflow don't take into account Blanket applications, and therefore we are incorrectly considered eligible for interview waiver. Do you know if the embassy is fine with us answering "no, doesn't apply to us" to these waiver conditions (even if the listed conditions apply to us) in order to book an appointment?
Old Feb 5th 2022, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

hannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LondonColt

we had the same last August. It stayed that way for 3-4 days and then changed its status ( I can’t remember the exact phrasing ) but it was something similar to ‘passports couried’ . I’d keep checking the status and see if changes over the next few days- I hope this helps.
Old Feb 8th 2022, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Thishi is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to share my experiences of my Belfast L-1a blanket interview. We had to change from our more convenient London slot as my wife tested positive for COVID and needed to be in isolation. The next London appointment was in April but we chanced upon one in Belfast for the following week. Made it into a nice 2-day city break with the family.
We had a 0900 appt but seemed to get called earlier than others with earlier appts - maybe because the little ones were clearly getting bored and making it VERY CLEAR in an otherwise silent waiting room. And am pleased to say we got approval!
Old Feb 23rd 2022, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

jamieB79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thishi
Just wanted to share my experiences of my Belfast L-1a blanket interview. We had to change from our more convenient London slot as my wife tested positive for COVID and needed to be in isolation. The next London appointment was in April but we chanced upon one in Belfast for the following week. Made it into a nice 2-day city break with the family.
We had a 0900 appt but seemed to get called earlier than others with earlier appts - maybe because the little ones were clearly getting bored and making it VERY CLEAR in an otherwise silent waiting room. And am pleased to say we got approval!
QQ: my spouse stated London on their DS160 but an appointment came up in Belfast which they've taken - presuming this is OK? (meanwhile hoping a slot comes up in London). At the point of booking it did state the location must match the DS160 but I've seen many people on here book in Belfast. Help appreciated!
Old Feb 24th 2022, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamieB79
QQ: my spouse stated London on their DS160 but an appointment came up in Belfast which they've taken - presuming this is OK? (meanwhile hoping a slot comes up in London). At the point of booking it did state the location must match the DS160 but I've seen many people on here book in Belfast. Help appreciated!
It sounds like from the previous poster that you should be fine.
Old Feb 24th 2022, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Thishi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by destone
It sounds like from the previous poster that you should be fine.
That’s right, no issues with switching from London to Belfast despite putting London on DS-160
Old Feb 24th 2022, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks all, appreciated.
Old Feb 26th 2022, 12:49 am
Just Joined

Another question! Sorry! How busy have you found the Belfast embassy? I had my appt in London and it was very busy. Is Belfast quieter? If the interview appt is 9.30am, what are the chances of making a 2.30pm flight back to London?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.