L1 visa interview timescales

Old Nov 13th 2021, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

tariqbutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L1 visa interview timescales

I logged in yesterday when I saw the post above and there was an appointment available for next week (which I moved my appointment to).

There were also a couple of appointments in december which then disappeared. Currently there are lots of Jan appointments available.

Without an emergency appointment? You will get one in January easily and if you are willing to spend a week logging in and checking every few hours? You will get one within the next month.

With an emergency appointment? I dont know how that works, but presumably sooner than the above?

Sounds like a bigger obstacle is your own company not filing the petition?
Old Nov 13th 2021, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

jamieB79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks tariqbutt

How long after filing your petition were you approved?
Old Nov 13th 2021, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

tariqbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

My visa is H1B which I think has a different approval process (there is an annual deadline which it must be filed by and then there is a lottery). This is very different to your L1 which has no such deadline and no lottery.
Old Nov 14th 2021, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Jbaker271290 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my appointment through on Friday E2 Manger/Exec employee, booked in for Jan 19th!
Old Nov 17th 2021, 11:04 am
Just Joined

LondonColt is an unknown quantity at this point

I just managed to book an appointment for an L1 on January 31st. They also had availability on Jan 26th, and January 28th. Nothing in February but then loads in March.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 11:31 am
Just Joined

london lou is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. Just in case anyone on this thread is still waiting for their visas, my family and me recently got ours and there was one unexpected thing that it may be useful for you to know. The card machine at the US embassy in London wasn't working on the day of our interview, so my husband (along with lots of other applicants) had to leave the building, go to the nearest cash machine and come back to pay the visa fees. I got the feeling it wasn't the first time it had happened, so you might want to take cash with you just in case.
Other than that, it was all very quick and painless.
Old Dec 13th 2021, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by london lou
Hi all. Just in case anyone on this thread is still waiting for their visas, my family and me recently got ours and there was one unexpected thing that it may be useful for you to know. The card machine at the US embassy in London wasn't working on the day of our interview, so my husband (along with lots of other applicants) had to leave the building, go to the nearest cash machine and come back to pay the visa fees. I got the feeling it wasn't the first time it had happened, so you might want to take cash with you just in case.
GBP or USD?
Old Dec 13th 2021, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by destone
GBP or USD?
GBP thankfully. I don't think the ATM at Waitrose next to the embassy dispenses USD
Old Dec 13th 2021, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

jamieB79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.

My partner (unmarried, 10 yr relationship) and I plan to marry but this will now likely happen after I have relocated on my L1.

My questions are:
If I move to the US in say Jan 2022, can my partner enter under the visa waiver scheme and we get married in the US in that time?
If yes to the above, can we then apply for L2 spouse visa from inside the US?
If no, should we apply for B2 and ask for change of status once married?
Can my partner safely enter the US on B2 knowing they are to be married and then request L2? This feels dishonest as clearly the plan was to get married and stay with the L2.

Thanks all!
Old Dec 13th 2021, 12:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamieB79
Hi all.

My partner (unmarried, 10 yr relationship) and I plan to marry but this will now likely happen after I have relocated on my L1.

My questions are:
If I move to the US in say Jan 2022, can my partner enter under the visa waiver scheme and we get married in the US in that time?
Can my partner safely enter the US on B2 knowing they are to be married and then request L2? This feels dishonest as clearly the plan was to get married and stay with the L2.

Thanks all!
Personally I'd go with an option not mentioned - that you return to the UK for the wedding, and then s/he applies for the L2. That would be a safe option than him/her travelling to you, in case s/he is refused entry. AFAIK s/he couldn't apply for the L2 from inside the US anyway, it can only be done from a visa office outside the US.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 13th 2021 at 12:41 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2021, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Itwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there,

Which fee?

I have a Blanket L-1 Visa Applicant's and am required to pay a Fraud Prevention and Detection Fee of usd 500.

​ I will take gbp cash with me.

I hope there isn't any other fee and that the embassy will accept visa card payments

Thanks..

​​​​

Old Dec 13th 2021, 7:48 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamieB79
Hi all.

My questions are:

Thanks all!
Many corporate L-1 visa petitions/applications involve attorney assistance. These are the type of questions that can be directed their way.

As a general statement of law - no extensions or change of status are allowed from visa waiver (other than immediate relative adjustment to permanent residence).
Old Dec 13th 2021, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Itwillrain
Hello there,

Which fee?

I have a Blanket L-1 Visa Applicant's and am required to pay a Fraud Prevention and Detection Fee of usd 500.

​ I will take gbp cash with me.

I hope there isn't any other fee and that the embassy will accept visa card payments

Thanks..

​​​​
Yes my husband had to pay the USD500 for his blanket L1. The other fees were issuance fees for the L2s.
Old Dec 14th 2021, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

trying... is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks london lou for starting this thread and the update, it has been very helpful. I read that its taking 3-4 weeks for the stamped passport return, instead of the usual 1 week. Did they mention what sort of timelines to expect for the passport return after the appointment?

I am aware of the other thread you started with similar question but was hoping to hear about your experience.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 7:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by trying...
I read that its taking 3-4 weeks for the stamped passport return, instead of the usual 1 week. Did they mention what sort of timelines to expect for the passport return after the appointment?
We had our appointment on a Wednesday and our passports were available to collect the following Monday (we live in London so collection was an easy option). I think they may actually have been available from late on Friday.

Last edited by london lou; Dec 15th 2021 at 7:42 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.