L1 visa interview timescales

Old Dec 15th 2021, 8:12 am
Just Joined

trying... is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L1 visa interview timescales

Originally Posted by london lou
We had our appointment on a Wednesday and our passports were available to collect the following Monday (we live in London so collection was an easy option). I think they may actually have been available from late on Friday.
Many thanks for the information. Good luck with the move
Old Dec 15th 2021, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Itwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond reputeItwillrain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by london lou
We had our appointment on a Wednesday and our passports were available to collect the following Monday (we live in London so collection was an easy option). I think they may actually have been available from late on Friday.
Hello. I had my L1 appointment today. I was told the passports will be ready for collection in 3-5 days. I was told an email would be sent to inform me when the passports will be ready for collection.

It has been a very long wait for me. So glad I finally had the appointment.

Good luck to eveyone and hope it goes well for you.
Old Dec 26th 2021, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Thishi is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting news:
travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/important-announcement-on-waivers-of-the-interview-requirement-for-certain-nonimmigrant-visas.html

Not clear yet whether Embassy in London will take this up for first-time H-1B, L-1, O-1 applicants but given the backlog it would make sense 🤞...
Old Dec 26th 2021, 10:17 am
Just Joined

jamieB79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for sharing - fingers crossed London take this up for L visas, currently seems not.

I managed to get an interview appt for early March but hoping to get something sooner (better still they remove the requirement!). Can anyone share any insight on when is a good time to check for newly opened slots?
Old Dec 26th 2021, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

tariqbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

As a wise man once said
"The best time to look for an open slot was yesterday. The next best time is now."

Seriously though I spent a week checking every hour and by the end of the week I had managed to get a slot for 2 weeks after that. I never managed to pin down exactly when slots opened up but I remember that week that none opened on the monday and then from tuesday through to the friday random slots opened through the day right into the evening.
I have no idea if there was any kind of pattern. But by the end of the week I had seen many slots open and then be taken moments later. Its just a matter of checking constantly and grabbing when it appears.

(Did my interview in Nov 17th and booked it earlier that month)
Old Dec 27th 2021, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

Thanks tariqbutt
Are you now all set and visa in hand?
Old Dec 27th 2021, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

tariqbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I can move when I like now.
Old Dec 30th 2021, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tariqbutt
Yes I can move when I like now.
Good luck! Get that GC next.
Old Jan 4th 2022, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know how long the typical wait is for an L-1 visa interview is at the London embassy at the moment?

Assuming I was to complete my DS-160 try to schedule an appt today, how long might I be waiting?
Old Jan 4th 2022, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

scolley82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GeneralPowerpoint
Does anyone know how long the typical wait is for an L-1 visa interview is at the London embassy at the moment?

Assuming I was to complete my DS-160 try to schedule an appt today, how long might I be waiting?
I went through successful L1 application last year.

May be slighted outdated due to how fast the pandemic is moving but for me I submitted DS-160 and scheduled an appt in January for August 2021. By March this was cancelled and the nearest appt I could book was March 2022, I booked this appt just as a place holder.
Kept checking for appts everyday and in August managed to reschedule for end of Oct 2021.

I was advised to book the first appt I could and then kept checking each day as you can reschedule if a closer appt comes up.

Again, this may be slightly outdated depending on how operational the embassy currently is.

Hope this helps and good luck.
Old Jan 5th 2022, 12:18 am
Just Joined

I completed my DS160 on 23 Dec, I have my appointment on 7 Jan, I did get an initial appt in March but I checked back a handful of times over a period of a few days and managed to get a slot much sooner.

Old Jan 5th 2022, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeneralPowerpoint

There are B slots available in April right now, quite possible L's too.
Old Jan 6th 2022, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Is it quicker to have your passport couriered to your home (express service) or is it an option to pick up once your visa has been put in your passport? I have pre-booked travel and need the quickest option!
Old Jan 15th 2022, 9:53 am
Just Joined

ash1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have just submitted my DS-160 for an L1A to the Embassy in London (plus three dependents). Instead of being offered an interview date, it has asked me to send all documents via DX - is this normal? Does the interview come after the document review, or is this to do with the new possibility of no L1 interviews being needed?

Thanks!
Old Jan 16th 2022, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

ravik30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ash1212
Hi,

I have just submitted my DS-160 for an L1A to the Embassy in London (plus three dependents). Instead of being offered an interview date, it has asked me to send all documents via DX - is this normal? Does the interview come after the document review, or is this to do with the new possibility of no L1 interviews being needed?

Thanks!
I am in the same boat as you. Submitted everything for myself and two dependants and got this strange notification. Appalling how shoddy this process is with no upfront information on any changes they are doing to the existing process....Wish I had seen your message earlier today, might have opted for Belfast since I have a previous visa stamping from there! I have contacted my attorney but pretty sure they are not going to aware of this either. Did you get any guidance from your attorney? Are you planning to send the docs via DX?

Thanks for sharing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.