L1 visa interview timescales

Old Oct 11th 2021, 4:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1 visa interview timescales

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Define “mobile.” I use an I-Pad and a Google Pixel phone. It showed up on both.
It doesn't show up on the mobile version, you must have switched it to the desktop version on your phone/iPad I'm guessing? Just thought I'd flag it as you mention your signature occasionally but a lot won't be able to see it.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 9:48 am
Just Joined

jamieB79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have any experience of using a third country for the visa appointment? Is this even possible right now?
Old Oct 12th 2021, 11:34 am
Just Joined

mark720b is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jamieB79
Does anyone have any experience of using a third country for the visa appointment? Is this even possible right now?
I emailed the consulate in a Poland and didn’t get a response. It says only Polish nationals when going through the website so I am unsure. Also Considering Mexico as someone on here has some successes there.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

hannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamieB79
we looked into this prior to being granted an emergency appointment in London. There are only certain embassies that do 3rd party applications and a lot have stopped due to COVID. They are also very reluctant to approve a visa if they are not familiar with your home country. It does help if you have ties to another country I.e. if you were born in say Spain or worked in Spain you have a better chance at the Spanish embassy. This is for your lawyer to determine but our lawyers completely advised against a third party application and went via the expedited interview route in London.

have a lot of patience and have good lawyers!
Old Oct 28th 2021, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Still showing no cancellations on the website. Anyone else checking and seeing anything? Looks like there has only been one slot in Nov 1st 2022 for a while now…
Old Oct 28th 2021, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

AhmedExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been looking for appointments like 20 times a day.
It’s been Mar2022 all day today.
yesterday I saw slots for multiple dates in December, but by the time I went to book it they were gone.
has anyone recently had any luck with L1 appointments?
Old Oct 28th 2021, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

I have been able to book for 17 Nov in Belfast. Let’s see how it goes.
Old Oct 29th 2021, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

tariqbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AhmedExpat
Did you have to specify Belfast on your DS-160 prior to booking a date? Or were you originally looking for a london slot and a belfast one came up?
Old Oct 29th 2021, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AhmedExpat
I was able to get the 18th of Nov today after seeing this. Thanks for sharing. Now that the travel has opened up I believe they have possibly staffed the consulate in belfast to handle the influx of visa appointments for temporary travel such as the B1/B2
Old Oct 29th 2021, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tariqbutt
Did you have to specify Belfast on your DS-160 prior to booking a date? Or were you originally looking for a london slot and a belfast one came up?
If you select either London or belfast you can toggle between either when you try to reschedule
Old Oct 29th 2021, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mark720b
If you select either London or belfast you can toggle between either when you try to reschedule
Yes I noticed that, but at the top of the page it says "The Consular Section location selected below must match the Consular Section location entered on the DS-160 Number form."

I am wondering if that means if London is specified on a DS-160 that Belfast can not be chosen. I am also wondering if others are doing something to mitigate that.
Old Oct 30th 2021, 1:14 am
Just Joined

One of the FAQs on the Belfast page is exactly about this. It says you can attend in Belfast even if your ds160 has london.
Old Oct 30th 2021, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Ah I see! thanks for clarification.
Old Nov 12th 2021, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Ramki is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI - Lot of new slots have opened up for Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr and available to reschedule currently
Old Nov 13th 2021, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

jamieB79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the update.

Frustratingly my employer haven't lodged the petition yet (they plan on doing this next week). With expedited processing and the belief of being able to secure an emergency appointment - when do you think I could realistically be able to head over? Trying to sort out an apartment/arrange stuff UK side but the uncertainty over timelines is super annoying...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.