Anyone done N600K recently?

Old Oct 23rd 2023, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

leah_aalin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by HindaHirsch
Are children under 14 exempt from going to the U.S for an interview?
Hi HindaHirsch

Unfortunately not. Mine were 12, 9 and 4 when we went to the interview. We even got moved to a different office (requested Seattle, had to attend in Yakima) so it was a verrrrrrrry long trip!
Old Nov 14th 2023, 9:26 am
Just Joined

hapagirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone. Thank you for this helpful thread that I have been avidly reading for a few months now. I sent in the N600K application for my daughter at the end of September. Her grandfather (my father) left the US in the 60s snd I was born in the UK in the 70s and have UK / USA nationality. I sent in my father's high school and college transcripts as well as SS documents which should be enough to show he meets the residency criteria. I received the invitation for her interview yesterday and since I am a huge over thinker I have some questions.
1. If we have been invited for the interview, is it safe to assume that the USCIS is happy with the application and all of the provided evidence and documentation? Or will they ask for something that was not already submitted at the interview?
2. Has anyone been rejected at the interview stage? There are no lies / embellishments in the application so I know we just have to be truthful and be ourselves but I'm still nervous. I have read on the internet that "it can depend on your field office" etc. and I'm worried about getting an officer who is having a bad morning etc.
3. Since my daughter is a UK citizen, is her passport and the ESTA enough to show that she has legally entered the US for her interview?

Thanks so much for your help and I promise to update this thread if and when I have useful information for others!
Old Nov 14th 2023, 3:21 pm
LAL
Mad Geordie Spaniard

LAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud of

Hi Hapagirl,my USC OH is hafu and my daughter quapa!! We did the N600K process as we live in the UK. ESTA in British Passport is fine for travelling to the US for interview and certificate,(that's what we did). We expedited her US passport whilst we were there as it was easier than travelling to London to apply. Once they invite to interview by most accounts it's pretty much been approved and they'll just go over some stuff with you (make sure you take the originals of the documents that you submitted to the interview) and give you the certificate of citizenship,.I think both parents have to attend the interview with the child, and I'm sure both have to be there to request the US Passport too.

Hope this helps!!

Last edited by LAL; Nov 14th 2023 at 3:33 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2023, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

Hi. Clearly my user name is a giveaway! Nice to see some other British hafus / quapas. Thanks for the information. It's really helpful. The email I got from them said only the child and USC parent is required to attend the interview which is good because I checked tickets and they are around £1000 each at the moment! But I have heard that both parents whether USC or not have to attend for the passport. It's good to hear about the interview, I will have a nice file of all the documents. I also have a still valid ESTA for her so that will make things easier. I am applying through my dad because I don't have the required residency in the US. Does anyone know whether I have to have his original passport / birth certificate etc. or whether photocopies will suffice? Thanks again!
Old Nov 14th 2023, 8:19 pm
LAL
Mad Geordie Spaniard

LAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hapagirl
Hi. Clearly my user name is a giveaway! Nice to see some other British hafus / quapas. Thanks for the information. It's really helpful. The email I got from them said only the child and USC parent is required to attend the interview which is good because I checked tickets and they are around £1000 each at the moment! But I have heard that both parents whether USC or not have to attend for the passport. It's good to hear about the interview, I will have a nice file of all the documents. I also have a still valid ESTA for her so that will make things easier. I am applying through my dad because I don't have the required residency in the US. Does anyone know whether I have to have his original passport / birth certificate etc. or whether photocopies will suffice? Thanks again!
hey, we applied with OHs father’s physical presence and used his father’s birth certificate for proof of US citizenship, if your dad was born in US just go to the vital statistics site of the state where he was born and request his birth certificate, as you’re his child you will be able to order it - they may ask for ID though. If you were born in the UK your CRBA also has your dad’s physical presence in the States listed on your certificate and if you were born in the 70s (like my OH) he would’ve had to have had 10 years physical presence with 5 years after the age of 14, so that would suffice for your daughter’s n600k because at her birth it would be 5 years with 2 over the age of 14 .check the N600k processing times at your chosen office. We went to Texas as that’s where OH family lives so we checked Dallas, Houston, El Paso & Austin processing times. Dallas was the shortest so we chose there, it’s also the most convenient for us so that was handy.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
Old Nov 16th 2023, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Thanks so much for your reply! It's very helpful. My dad has his birth certificate, I'm sure he won't mind lending it to me for this purpose. We've already got an interview so I think we must of chosen a field office with a quick processing time even though I didn't have the foresight to check them first. It's good info for anyone just starting out. It's the nearest one to my 98 year old grandmother so it will be nice to go see her as well.
Old Jan 4th 2024, 1:28 am
Just Joined

Gcarlin is an unknown quantity at this point

Incredible thread. Thanks everyone for the information.

Had a question for anyone around: submitted an N-600K for my 2 year old son in October 2023, requesting the Lawrence, Mass field office (6 month processing time). The online application is still at the initial “Case was received and receipt notice sent”. Did this ever change prior to receiving a request for interview, for those who have received interview requests?

It makes me worried that my application hasn’t even been sent to the field office for review yet.

Thanks all for your help.
Old Feb 9th 2024, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

jpool24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Did you submit your application online?
Old Feb 13th 2024, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

Gcarlin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jpool24
Hi
Did you submit your application online?
If you’re asking me, yes submitted online. Status has not changed in the 4 months since I submitted in October 2023.
Old Feb 14th 2024, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your response. what field did you choose?
second question is do i need 1-90 form for my children or i can use their British passport to travel and attend the interview?
Old Feb 14th 2024, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

newacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond repute

second question is do i need 1-90 form for my children or i can use their British passport to travel and attend the interview?
That doesn't make sense. I-90 is for renewal or replacement of a green card. Your children don't have green cards. (And if they did, they would automatically have become US citizens upon living in the US with a US citizen parent, and you wouldn't need N-600K.)
Old Feb 14th 2024, 4:11 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

You already have the answer on the I-90. In addition to the passport, ESTA or a B-2 visa works.
Old Feb 15th 2024, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gcarlin
Incredible thread. Thanks everyone for the information.

Had a question for anyone around: submitted an N-600K for my 2 year old son in October 2023, requesting the Lawrence, Mass field office (6 month processing time). The online application is still at the initial “Case was received and receipt notice sent”. Did this ever change prior to receiving a request for interview, for those who have received interview requests?

It makes me worried that my application hasn’t even been sent to the field office for review yet.

Thanks all for your help.
The status of our applications didn't change for months, and then we got a request for further information. Even after sending that it took forever. I found that once you have the interview date, you get an email address for your specific case agent. Before we got that, we were just waiting without any update at all for what felt like forever!
Old Feb 15th 2024, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

@jpool24 "do i need 1-90 form for my children or i can use their British passport to travel and attend the interview?"

My kids traveled on their British passports with a valid ESTA. Now that they're all citizens, glad I won't have to fill that lengthy online form out x 3 anymore!!!

Last edited by leah_aalin; Feb 15th 2024 at 12:22 pm. Reason: hadn't quoted question answered
Old Feb 28th 2024, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

leah_aalinThanl you for your response. Can you please put me through how you applied for all three. I have filled one application for one of my daughters but i could not add a second application on the USCIS account. Do I open a new USCIS account to apply for the sibling. They are both applying for n600k

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.