Anyone done N600K recently?

Old Jan 21st 2020, 6:32 pm
  #436  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 48
leah_aalin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Michele11
As of this morning both of my nieces are officially U.S citizen. It always made me very happy to read positive outcomes of people who went through the same process. We chose Vermont field office per advise of our lawyer and they were very nice, they didn't ask to verify no document just the girls passports and for my mom to verify their name and addresses and in their certificates of citizenship.

Karina.
Thats brilliant - congratulations to you all! Can I ask how long the whole process took? Also, why did your lawyer advise Vermont? We’ve chosen Seattle (we have family nearby) but we’re still waiting for our appointment to come through. We’ve been stuck at ‘your case is being actively reviewed’ for 104 days now.
leah_aalin is offline  
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 11:05 am
  #437  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 36
Michele11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by leah_aalin
Thats brilliant - congratulations to you all! Can I ask how long the whole process took? Also, why did your lawyer advise Vermont? We’ve chosen Seattle (we have family nearby) but we’re still waiting for our appointment to come through. We’ve been stuck at ‘your case is being actively reviewed’ for 104 days now.
thank you! The whole process took exactly 6 months. Application was submitted on May 28th and the invitation for interviews were received on November 27th. We chose a date in January to have enough time to get the girls visa . and Vermont was because my lawyer said they were nice and don't ask too many questions, my nieces case was a bit atypical and she has plenty of experience working with that office, waiting time there is usually not long and we live in NY so it wasn't that far for us.
good luck! Hope you hear something soon. I know the feeling, I kept tracking case status and really since June until we got interviews date that's all it said; your case is actively reviewed.
If you hit 6 months without any change in the status, make a case inquiry and start making phone calls.
Michele11 is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2020, 2:49 pm
  #438  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 48
leah_aalin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Looks like we picked the wrong office! No word yet (5 months in) and the Seattle office is now closed due to Covid-19. Family in the area have told me that it's pretty eerie there at the moment with stuff shutting down, and people staying at home. Guess we'll just wait until we get to 6 months, and then we'll start making a case enquiry, but if the office is closed now, I assume there's going to be a delay in processing for everyone. Strange times!

Last edited by leah_aalin; Mar 10th 2020 at 2:50 pm. Reason: No need to quote previous message
leah_aalin is offline  
Old Mar 25th 2020, 12:25 pm
  #439  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 14
Ionelissy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Hello everyone!

I have a question and I hope anyone can help me find the correct answer because I could not find it in this forum or in other websites on internet:

as an US citizen father living abroad with my 2 children 7 & 10 y.o. born abroad, do I have to file for N600K form or just apply for Certificate of Birth Abroad with local US embassy?

thank you.

Last edited by Ionelissy; Mar 25th 2020 at 12:32 pm.
Ionelissy is offline  
Old Mar 25th 2020, 2:13 pm
  #440  
Concierge
 
Rete's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 46,382
Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Depends on whether you are eligible to pass on your US citizenship. You can file for the CRBA (Consular Report of Birth Abroad). Your children do not need an N-600. In fact you can apply for their US passports even without the CRBA.
Rete is offline  
Old Mar 25th 2020, 11:28 pm
  #441  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 14
Ionelissy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Rete
Depends on whether you are eligible to pass on your US citizenship. You can file for the CRBA (Consular Report of Birth Abroad). Your children do not need an N-600. In fact you can apply for their US passports even without the CRBA.
My children are not US citizens, as they were born outside of US and I did not file for CRBA yet.... how can I can apply for their US passports if they are not US citizens?

Isn't the N600K form application for children born outside US who also are residing outside US? ...I need to know which one of this 2 options is good for my children in order to request citizenship for them, CRBA or N600K?

Ionelissy is offline  
Old Mar 25th 2020, 11:34 pm
  #442  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 246
newacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Ionelissy
My children are not US citizens, as they were born outside of US and I did not file for CRBA yet.... how can I can apply for their US passports if they are not US citizens?

Isn't the N600K form application for children born outside US who also are residing outside US? ...I need to know which one of this 2 options is good for my children in order to request citizenship for them, CRBA or N600K?
Your children born outside the US are automatically and involuntarily US citizens at birth if the conditions in the law for transmitting US citizenship to a child born abroad were met. It does not require you to have done anything. In fact, a CRBA can only be filed for a child who is already a US citizen from birth. The question is, were your children US citizens from birth according to the law (i.e. did you meet the relevant residency requirement by the time of their birth) or not?
newacct is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2020, 12:07 am
  #443  
Concierge
 
Rete's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 46,382
Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Ionelissy
My children are not US citizens, as they were born outside of US and I did not file for CRBA yet.... how can I can apply for their US passports if they are not US citizens?
They are AUTOMATICALLY US Citizens if their US Citizen parent(s) have the right pass on their US Citizenship. You do need the CRBA to get a passport. Read the passport application and you will see there are several pieces of proof that are required. https://travel.state.gov/content/tra.../under-16.html
And it is a heck of a lot easier to get and cheaper than going for an N600.

FWIW, I was born in Germany and got my US passport and registered to vote with only my CRBA

Isn't the N600K form application for children born outside US who also are residing outside US? ...I need to know which one of this 2 options is good for my children in order to request citizenship for them, CRBA or N600K?
No, it is not. The N600 is also used by children living inside the US whose parent has naturalized and the child is under 18. It is only paper proof and not needed for a US Passport. In their case, it is the same as your child only their parent needs to supply the original naturalization certificate along with the other proof.

Again, they are already US Citizens. The N600 does not make them citizens.

Last edited by Rete; Mar 26th 2020 at 12:11 am.
Rete is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2020, 12:13 am
  #444  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 14
Ionelissy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by newacct
Your children born outside the US are automatically and involuntarily US citizens at birth if the conditions in the law for transmitting US citizenship to a child born abroad were met. It does not require you to have done anything. In fact, a CRBA can only be filed for a child who is already a US citizen from birth. The question is, were your children US citizens from birth according to the law (i.e. did you meet the relevant residency requirement by the time of their birth) or not?
Since both US citizenship form applications CRBA and N600K requiers prior physical presence of the US citizen parent, how do I know which application to choose even thought I do meet the physical presence requirement?

Last edited by Ionelissy; Mar 26th 2020 at 12:18 am.
Ionelissy is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2020, 12:15 pm
  #445  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 14
Ionelissy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Rete
No, it is not. The N600 is also used by children living inside the US whose parent has naturalized and the child is under 18. It is only paper proof and not needed for a US Passport. In their case, it is the same as your child only their parent needs to supply the original naturalization certificate along with the other proof.

Again, they are already US Citizens. The N600 does not make them citizens.
thanks for your help, I think I got it...., but N600 is not for children living abroad, N600K is... and since both applications N600K and CRBA requires physical presence of US citizen parent, makes me confusing which way to go... but because I do meet the physical presence requirement I will file for CRBA because is much simpler and cheaper.
Ionelissy is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2020, 2:21 pm
  #446  
Concierge
 
Rete's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 46,382
Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Ionelissy
thanks for your help, I think I got it...., but N600 is not for children living abroad, N600K is... and since both applications N600K and CRBA requires physical presence of US citizen parent, makes me confusing which way to go... but because I do meet the physical presence requirement I will file for CRBA because is much simpler and cheaper.
There you go. Go to the US Consulate London's website and it will tell you how to apply for the CRBA.
Rete is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2020, 7:17 pm
  #447  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 246
newacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Ionelissy
Since both US citizenship form applications CRBA and N600K requiers prior physical presence of the US citizen parent, how do I know which application to choose even thought I do meet the physical presence requirement?
If the parent meets the physical presence requirements by the time of the child's birth, the child is a US citizen automatically. They can get a CRBA/Certificate of Citizenship/US passport, but there is no need to get a CRBA or Certificate of Citizenship (via N-600) before getting a US passport.

N-600K is for children who are not already US citizens, and where the child and parent live abroad. So this means either 1) you became a citizen after the child was born, 2) you did not meet the physical presence requirements at the time of the child's birth, or 3) the child was adopted. N-600K requires that you meet the physical presence requirements now (at the time of application; you could potentially have accrued more physical presence after the child's birth to have enough now), or that your US citizen parent (the child's grandparent) meets the physical presence requirements now. Most commonly, it's the grandparent's physical presence that is used for N-600K, because the parent doesn't have enough.
newacct is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2020, 8:25 pm
  #448  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 14
Ionelissy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Great info, many thanks!
I will get all the documents ready to start with the CRBA process.
Ionelissy is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2020, 6:34 pm
  #449  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 1
Raffaele is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Hi, I'm filling N600k for my son. He's 16 years old.

In part 8 who has to sign? Me or my son?

When they ask for A-number (in each page), should I live it blank or I have to write N/A in every page?

In part 6,9,10,11 should I write N/A in every box or I should leave it blank?
Raffaele is offline  
Old May 4th 2020, 10:07 pm
  #450  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 48
leah_aalin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

And we have movement, though I’m not sure it’s good. I’ve just received 3 notices of continuance relating to my 3 N600-k applications. Unfortunately for me, I’ve already submitted everything I have. I rang the USCIS call centre and they weren’t helpful in the slightest, and the letters I received do not specify any documents...they just want “proof that your US citizen parent grandparent physically present in the US for at least 5 years...” and then there’s a generic list of evidence, most of which I’ve already sent.

The weird thing is though, that I requested the Seattle field office, and these letters are from Yakima. Would the evidence I sent in with the original applications have been separated from the applications, so now I have to resubmit? I know they had it as they scanned it on to my online account, but would it be feasible that they’ve lost it (for all 3 applications)?

Or Is this just wishful thinking and what has actually happened is that I haven’t submitted enough, and they’re going to reject the applications?

I realise that I’m asking impossible questions really, but just wanted to see if anyone out there has had a similar thing happen to their application. I thought it was all pretty cut and dry...I submitted social security transcripts, deeds, a marriage certificate with address, birth certificates and naturalisation certificates which all have NYC addresses...the only other thing I could possibly send would be my report card but I’m not sure what that would prove!
leah_aalin is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.