Anyone done N600K recently?

Old Jul 9th 2017, 12:49 pm
  #316  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Location: Central England
Posts: 22
texpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Michele11
Anyway we're just trying to be patience and trying to build a 'solid case' and send eveything.
I don't know the particulars of your case but I can say I submitted only the online social security statements and then 1) university transcript covering 4 years and 2) graduate school transcript covering 2 years. This is all I submitted in terms of physical residence and it was viewed as sufficient. I am a US citizen and lived in America the first 30+ years of my life.
texpat is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2017, 1:01 pm
  #317  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 36
Michele11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by texpat
I don't know the particulars of your case but I can say I submitted only the online social security statements and then 1) university transcript covering 4 years and 2) graduate school transcript covering 2 years. This is all I submitted in terms of physical residence and it was viewed as sufficient. I am a US citizen and lived in America the first 30+ years of my life.
My brother died last year and my mom is gonna use her evidence to submit the form for both my nieces, one was born in wedlock and the other was not.

Do you happen to know if that grandparent has to reside abroad to submit this or can my mom do it from the u.s.. I talked to a lawyer and was told that def we have to submit from an adress abroad

And another thing, my mom live in the U.S from 1975 to 1987 aprox. But she came back for 2 years like from 2013-2015, those years, can I include them? ** edited to explain that Im asking cause my nieces were born before those years

Last edited by Michele11; Jul 9th 2017 at 1:13 pm.
Michele11 is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2017, 1:30 pm
  #318  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Location: Central England
Posts: 22
texpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

I'm not as versed on the grandparent route, but from reading the guidance, I believe Form N-600K has to do with where the child normally resides rather than the qualifying grandparent who would pass on the citizenship.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...-600kinstr.pdf
3. The child regularly resides outside the United States;

I'm not sure it matters where the forms are actually mailed from. It's more to do with the legal status of the children, their entry status when the physically come for the interview, etc.
texpat is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2017, 1:36 pm
  #319  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 36
Michele11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by texpat
I'm not as versed on the grandparent route, but from reading the guidance, I believe Form N-600K has to do with where the child normally resides rather than the qualifying grandparent who would pass on the citizenship.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...-600kinstr.pdf
3. The child regularly resides outside the United States;

I'm not sure it matters where the forms are actually mailed from. It's more to do with the legal status of the children, their entry status when the physically come for the interview, etc.
I understand, thanks. We just should send everything from abroad where the children reside just to be safe.
Michele11 is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2017, 2:07 pm
  #320  
Under blue skies
Thread Starter
 
WEBlue's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: East Anglia->New England
Posts: 3,624
WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Michele11
My brother died last year and my mom is gonna use her evidence to submit the form for both my nieces, one was born in wedlock and the other was not.

Do you happen to know if that grandparent has to reside abroad to submit this or can my mom do it from the u.s.. I talked to a lawyer and was told that def we have to submit from an adress abroad

And another thing, my mom live in the U.S from 1975 to 1987 aprox. But she came back for 2 years like from 2013-2015, those years, can I include them? ** edited to explain that Im asking cause my nieces were born before those years
Originally Posted by texpat
I'm not as versed on the grandparent route, but from reading the guidance, I believe Form N-600K has to do with where the child normally resides rather than the qualifying grandparent who would pass on the citizenship.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...-600kinstr.pdf
3. The child regularly resides outside the United States;

I'm not sure it matters where the forms are actually mailed from. It's more to do with the legal status of the children, their entry status when the physically come for the interview, etc.
Yes, I agree. The parent of the child is the one who applies on behalf of the child (even if the grandparent's residence in the USA is being used), so the application should be posted from whichever country the parent and child regularly live in. This will not be the USA, of course.

As I understand it, you can use any of the US residence years of the child's grandparent, the more the better. But proof of residence must include at least 5 years total on US soil, with at least two of those years being after age 14.
WEBlue is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2017, 2:18 pm
  #321  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Location: Central England
Posts: 22
texpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Michele11
I understand, thanks. We just should send everything from abroad where the children reside just to be safe.
I posted supplemental information from USA during one of my visits. I'm not sure it matters.

Also USCIS posted a follow up message to my USA address (I still maintain a residence) and it caused me no issues. It was not referenced or questioned at all.

Last edited by texpat; Jul 9th 2017 at 2:19 pm. Reason: Added info on USCIS replying to American address
texpat is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2017, 4:15 pm
  #322  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 36
Michele11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by WEBlue
Yes, I agree. The parent of the child is the one who applies on behalf of the child (even if the grandparent's residence in the USA is being used), so the application should be posted from whichever country the parent and child regularly live in. This will not be the USA, of course.

As I understand it, you can use any of the US residence years of the child's grandparent, the more the better. But proof of residence must include at least 5 years total on US soil, with at least two of those years being after age 14.
For what you guys are saying I don't even know if for the N600k route my mom and my nieces really qualify cause my brother died last year in NYC and his dead certificate clearly says that, so even when my nieces were younger he did lived with both of them, he separate from both their mother at dif time frame and spend his last 10 years on and off in the U.S and back home, sooo USCIS they could denied it or object because my brother wasn't residing with the children or had their custody (there wasn't any custody agreenment, he just was there for them and took care of them financially)

I don't know, I guess we just going to try our best to send the most evidence we find and hope for the best, and if doesn't happen at least we tried.

But thank you much for the help anyway.
Michele11 is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:10 pm
  #323  
Under blue skies
Thread Starter
 
WEBlue's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: East Anglia->New England
Posts: 3,624
WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Michele11
For what you guys are saying I don't even know if for the N600k route my mom and my nieces really qualify cause my brother died last year in NYC and his dead certificate clearly says that, so even when my nieces were younger he did lived with both of them, he separate from both their mother at dif time frame and spend his last 10 years on and off in the U.S and back home, sooo USCIS they could denied it or object because my brother wasn't residing with the children or had their custody (there wasn't any custody agreenment, he just was there for them and took care of them financially)

I don't know, I guess we just going to try our best to send the most evidence we find and hope for the best, and if doesn't happen at least we tried.

But thank you much for the help anyway.
Have you read this link? (It's a little easier to understand than the 'Official-ese' on the USCIS site, in my opinion.) The application can be made even if the USC parent has died in the last 5 years. If the USC parent is dead, a USC guardian or USC grandparent can apply on the child's behalf....

https://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ug...-a-grandparent



Here's the official USCIS link explaining it all:

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/H...-Chapter5.html

If the U.S. citizen parent has died, the child's U.S. citizen grandparent or U.S. citizen legal guardian may submit the application, provided the application is filed not more than five years after the death of the U.S. citizen parent. [13]
It sounds as though a USC needs to apply on behalf of the child if the USC parent has died..... Are you the USC guardian of the child, Michelle11? Or is the USC grandmother still alive to apply for the child?
WEBlue is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:19 pm
  #324  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 36
Michele11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by WEBlue
Have you read this link? (It's a little easier to understand than the 'Official-ese' on the USCIS site, in my opinion.) The application can be made even if the USC parent has died in the last 5 years. If the USC parent is dead, a USC guardian or USC grandparent can apply on the child's behalf....

https://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ug...-a-grandparent



Here's the official USCIS link explaining it all:

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/H...-Chapter5.html



It sounds as though a USC needs to apply on behalf of the child if the USC parent has died..... Are you the USC guardian of the child, Michelle11? Or is the USC grandmother still alive to apply for the child?
Thanks for the links, yeah I've check them all before and already printed it all the info, I know deadline it's 5 years after USC died, grandmother still alive and she'll be the one that's going to apply, both children live abroad with their mothers, they're their legal guardian, Not me.

I'm the one collecting all the evidence, and helping my mom/the grandmother to submit.
Michele11 is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:25 pm
  #325  
Under blue skies
Thread Starter
 
WEBlue's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: East Anglia->New England
Posts: 3,624
WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Michele11
Thanks for the links, yeah I've check them all before and already printed it all the info, I know deadline it's 5 years after USC died, grandmother still alive and she'll be the one that's going to apply, both children live abroad with their mothers, they're their legal guardian, Not me.

I'm the one collecting all the evidence, and helping my mom/the grandmother to submit.
Then it sounds like it should work. Good luck!
WEBlue is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:38 pm
  #326  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 36
Michele11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by WEBlue
Then it sounds like it should work. Good luck!
thank you!
Michele11 is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:51 pm
  #327  
Under blue skies
Thread Starter
 
WEBlue's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: East Anglia->New England
Posts: 3,624
WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Michele11
thank you!


You're welcome...I think.
WEBlue is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2017, 8:05 pm
  #328  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 38,865
ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Michele11
... they could denied it or object because my brother wasn't residing with the children or had their custody...
Have you read anything that suggests that custody or living with the children is a requirement? No, you haven't... because it's not.

It sounds as though you're deliberately trying to come up with reasons why citizenship would be denied... but none of the reasons are based on actual requirements.

Ian
ian-mstm is offline  
Old Jul 11th 2017, 2:00 am
  #329  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 36
Michele11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Have you read anything that suggests that custody or living with the children is a requirement? No, you haven't... because it's not.

It sounds as though you're deliberately trying to come up with reasons why citizenship would be denied... but none of the reasons are based on actual requirements.

Ian
Yes I have Ian, have you read the general requirements lately for N-600K? Point 3 and 4 goes like this: child regurlarly resides outside the U.S and IN THE LEGAL AND PHYSICAL CUSTODY OF THE US CITIZEN PARENT.

I have printed very long time ago the oficial chart from USCIS and very clearly says that if the U.S citizen parent lives in the united states and the child resides abroad, they do not qualify for N600K.

Even children of marriage couple,parents need to submit evidence of custody and that they live together and have the same address.

WEBlue kindly posted many links with the correct information if you need to refresh your memory.
Michele11 is offline  
Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:11 pm
  #330  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 38,865
ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Michele11
Yes I have Ian, have you read the general requirements lately for N-600K? Point 3 and 4 goes like this: child regurlarly resides outside the U.S and IN THE LEGAL AND PHYSICAL CUSTODY OF THE US CITIZEN PARENT.
Yes - but your brother isn't the one making the application. And in Part 5 it says: "In cases where the US citizen parent died in the preceding 5 years, and Form N-600K has been properly filed on behalf of the child by the US citizen grandparent or by the US citizen legal guardian, the child does NOT have to be residing in the legal and physical custody of the person..."

That said, it's possible that I'm misinterpreting the requirement.

Ian
ian-mstm is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.