Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

The things that bug me most............

The things that bug me most............

Old Aug 23rd 2009, 5:11 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The things that bug me most............

Hmmmm - no wonder i get stared at a lot.............I just have the one!
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Nooooooo - dont leave! I am buying a house in Thirlemere just to be near you. Oh and thanks for allowing me to steal "gash" from you. Its totally my favourite word now and I try to use it in all social circumstances as often as possible.
You're seriously buying a house in Thirlemere? Hahahaha!

I'm gutted we'll miss each other, I'm going home in 48hrs Got another year of uni plus other shizzle before I make it back here
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 10:23 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheDangerousQuietOne
You're seriously buying a house in Thirlemere? Hahahaha!

I'm gutted we'll miss each other, I'm going home in 48hrs Got another year of uni plus other shizzle before I make it back here
Ah so you are coming back then? I do wonder you know. And yeh I reckon Thirlemere/Tahmoor or Bargo is gonna be the closest I get to having acres and being near enough to the beach to surf - unless you can lend me a couple of $mil.

Safe trip home hun - dont be a stranger.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 8:28 am
Just Joined

DuoCitzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by angnfrank
Lol, tell it like it is my friend, what kind off English female would you be if you failed to point out minor issues to be improved?, you go girl
Old Aug 26th 2009, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Tetley tea is gash!
Have you tried the Tetley British blend one that's stronger
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:21 pm
beach bum

Originally Posted by Wendy66
Have you tried the Tetley British blend one that's stronger
Yes! Totally unimpressed. It may be stronger than ordinary Tetley (which is not hard) but it still tastes like dishwater. Not that I've tasted dish water mind you but I imagine it tastes equally rubbish!

I have recently discovered Twinnings Traditional Afternoon Tea (purple box) - which keeps me comforted in the moments of anguish when my PG Tips run out.

Old Aug 27th 2009, 1:00 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

You forgot the most important whinge of all...

I hate it that the elastic in the underpants rots out after only a few months AAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!!! Back home I could get at least a year out of a pair before the skid marks built up to a unbearable level . Here I have to throw out perfectly good undies because they keep migrating to my knees all the bloody time
Old Aug 27th 2009, 1:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mic n mat
You forgot the most important whinge of all...

I hate it that the elastic in the underpants rots out after only a few months AAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!!! Back home I could get at least a year out of a pair before the skid marks built up to a unbearable level . Here I have to throw out perfectly good undies because they keep migrating to my knees all the bloody time
Spend more than 75c/pair
Old Aug 27th 2009, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Ah so you are coming back then? I do wonder you know. And yeh I reckon Thirlemere/Tahmoor or Bargo is gonna be the closest I get to having acres and being near enough to the beach to surf - unless you can lend me a couple of $mil.

Safe trip home hun - dont be a stranger.
there are some very nice places around there, and lots of acreage so it's a pretty good choice. Just think of me whenever you go past the coal mine!

I'll keep in touch via FB, never fear...
Old Aug 28th 2009, 2:56 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fish.01
Spend more than 75c/pair
75c - that much! I was getting them second hand at the op shop for 10c
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:40 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr luvpants
In the UK we have half pints and pints. In Oz they have Midi's and schooners (both metric measures as opposed to ours being imperial).

JOHN
Or.......I think this is the correct order!!!!........ Midi, Schmidi (lol...tis true), Schooner, Pint.............varies on the pubs, sorry, hotels that you use!!!!
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:43 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Ah i love Thirroul - but it depends what you are looking for. I actually spend most of my time in Orange as thats where I work. Dont pay any attention to my ramblings - its just a bit of fun. Thirroul is a very friendly place that welcomes everyone!
We was looking at that area...from Stanwell Park down to Thirroul but stopping short of the Gong. We rent on the Northern Beaches but want to buy and I think we would get better VFM on southern beaches. Direct train line to Sydney is a bonus and even the drive is pleasant. Thoughts?
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:46 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Nooooooo - dont leave! I am buying a house in Thirlemere just to be near you. Oh and thanks for allowing me to steal "gash" from you. Its totally my favourite word now and I try to use it in all social circumstances as often as possible.
Gash......as in gash run ashore...gash shag and gash pint!!!! oh...loved my old navy terminology!!!
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:57 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by trainee_pilot
here's my list
  • People who move to Australia and expect it to be the UK - Agree
  • People who whinge that things are more expensive than the UK -Agree but true
  • People who whinge that things are slower than the UK - They are!!
  • People who whinge they pay more tax than they did in the UK - They do, poor system set up by inadequate idiots!
  • People who whinge about the police being stricter than in the UK - Disagree, police here are ill kempt, corrupt and inefficient
  • People who think they are better than Australians, particularly at driving (there are equally as many poor drivers in the UK too you know!) No there isn't...I am going to bring out a safety video to highlight to Australian drivers what those funny little orange lights that flash are for...idiots!

Get a grip people, this is AUSTRALIA not the UK, accept that it's different and get on with enjoying this marvellous place and its people. Agree its a marvellous place, people however seem to think its still a country like the wild west...morons....poor social skills when in public and no concern for others.

TP

(edited to say: this is not aimed at the OP, its just things that bug me the most)
What bugs me the most is defensive ozzies who won't look and accept the facts!! 20 years behind and a living monument to the program Life on Mars!!!!
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:59 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Yes! Totally unimpressed. It may be stronger than ordinary Tetley (which is not hard) but it still tastes like dishwater. Not that I've tasted dish water mind you but I imagine it tastes equally rubbish!

I have recently discovered Twinnings Traditional Afternoon Tea (purple box) - which keeps me comforted in the moments of anguish when my PG Tips run out.

Twinings Irish Breakfast is lush!!! Strong, full bodied and as thick as mud!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.