Sydney - Two weeks in!!

Old May 11th 2008, 12:28 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney - Two weeks in!!

Originally Posted by sharonm5
great stuff, glad that you settling in well. I am off for my xrays next tuesday and then its just a waiting game I suppose - although my new work is pretty sure that I will be there beginning of July (GULP!!!)...I think they are purposefully ignoring the fact that I want to go on holiday enroute for 2 weeks, actually thinking of finishing earlier with my current work, pack the house up and just bum around europe for a few weeks, and then just sitting on a beach in Thailand for another 2 weeks, as having only 20 days leave/yr in Oz is a shocker of note (when I have 31 at the mo!)

I have slowly started to pack non-essential things up, so have boxes everywhere, but we having lovely weather here, so always finding an excuse not to pack, or do 5yrs worth of paper work...ooops!

What do you think of Woolloomooloo as a place to live - will I have views over the Naval base with loads of hot sailors running about? huh...hehe?

When does you better half find out about the interviews, and great that you making friends and the little one is settled in well.
Woolloomooloo is not really a family area but as a singly it could be ok, not a lot there but a couple of nice bars etc. Bit too close to Kings Cross though so has some undesirables. As an ex sailor myself I wouldn't say many of them are hot but maybe I need female spectacles!! lol
Old May 13th 2008, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

kunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nice

Originally Posted by paddyo
You may jest but she did mention that. What better way to get sorted in a new city than to have a fellow ex pat showing you around and knowing how the rental market works over here. Lucky she has a satnav, she gets lost going round the corner!
We may just take your wife up on that!!!
I (I mean WE! Lol) have been looking at Manly too - looks BEAUTIFUL and like my theory is, even if we dont like it or I get homesick (and i do mean I!!!), the worst that can happen is we come back to london having lived on a beach!

Glad everything is going well for you!!
Old May 13th 2008, 12:37 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kunjal and shamir
We may just take your wife up on that!!!
I (I mean WE! Lol) have been looking at Manly too - looks BEAUTIFUL and like my theory is, even if we dont like it or I get homesick (and i do mean I!!!), the worst that can happen is we come back to london having lived on a beach!

Glad everything is going well for you!!
We have our son in Childcare at the moment and Kelly is actively seeking work, with 2 extremely positive interviews done already and one job offer graciously refused. She had a low day today and after taking our son to childcare went and had a coffee opposite the beach.....soon cheered her up! Realising that Manly has a lot to offer adn the lifestyle is so family orientated, at least until 10pm anyway!!
But any info you want just let us know, plus, here is a local Manly link www.manlyaustralia.com.au
Old May 13th 2008, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

kunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nice

we arent coming over until December which is annoying cos we are itching to get over and start our new lives! we have numerous friends and family getting married here over the summer and a wedding to go to in Mauritius in Oct (I know, dont feel too sorry for us!)... i then decided i wanted to be in london for my 30th in Nov so its ended up being Dec....

thank you for the links... will have a look now (should be working!!)
Old May 13th 2008, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Millie11 will become famous soon enough

We have our son in Childcare at the moment and Kelly is actively seeking work, with 2 extremely positive interviews done already and one job offer graciously refused. She had a low day today and after taking our son to childcare went and had a coffee opposite the beach.....soon cheered her up! Realising that Manly has a lot to offer adn the lifestyle is so family orientated, at least until 10pm anyway!!
But any info you want just let us know, plus, here is a local Manly link www.manlyaustralia.com.au
Hi Paddyo, I have a 3 and 4 year old. Is it difficult to get childcare? Do you mind telling med where your son goes? I suppose some of the cost is free (pre-school??) Did he settle well?
Old May 13th 2008, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Paddy
quick question - how much does the ferry cost from manly to circular quays?
just working out cost of iving the dream!!!

Thanks
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Salma is an unknown quantity at this point

im moving to manley next summer and after reading about it I wish i was there now.

ive been on another forum which is going through a negative stage plus not many posts about sydney.

I will probably be working in Wollomollo (im sure i have spelt it wrong) so its in an hour or so commute not bad atleast it not the 20 munites crammed in tube every day!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 5:44 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by Salma
im moving to manley next summer and after reading about it I wish i was there now.

ive been on another forum which is going through a negative stage plus not many posts about sydney.

I will probably be working in Wollomollo (im sure i have spelt it wrong) so its in an hour or so commute not bad atleast it not the 20 munites crammed in tube every day!
woolloomooloo is where I work, I get the ferry in every morning then either walk or take the 311 bus which goes through woolloomooloo. The standing joke is that woolloomooloo is an aboriginal name, it means 'too many O's'!!!!!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 5:46 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by Millie11
Hi Paddyo, I have a 3 and 4 year old. Is it difficult to get childcare? Do you mind telling med where your son goes? I suppose some of the cost is free (pre-school??) Did he settle well?
Sorry I didn't see this earlier, not too comfortable with saying exactly where he goes but there are plenty of places within 5 k, easy if you have transport but as we didn't initially we use the bus and it was fine. None of it is free if you are not a citizen, although child care benefit is available to citizens. He loves it, started 2 days a week and now full time.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 5:48 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Paddy
quick question - how much does the ferry cost from manly to circular quays?
just working out cost of iving the dream!!!

Thanks
43 dollars per week for a region 2 ticket (covers buses, ferries and trains in that region)
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

woolloomooloo is where I work, I get the ferry in every morning then either walk or take the 311 bus which goes through woolloomooloo. The standing joke is that woolloomooloo is an aboriginal name, it means 'too many O's'!!!!!
I think it was John Laws who said he remembered it as sheep-toilet-cow-toilet otherwise he lost track of all the Os!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 10:10 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by quoll
I think it was John Laws who said he remembered it as sheep-toilet-cow-toilet otherwise he lost track of all the Os!
lol....like it!!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Salma is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I assume I will work there as my current company has offices there and a lot of marketing agencies seem to be located there.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Hi Salma
do you work in marketing agency side?
i currently work client side (in financial services) are you already registered with recruitment agencies?

Kunjal
Old Jun 4th 2008, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Hi Salma
do you work in marketing agency side?
i currently work client side (in financial services) are you already registered with recruitment agencies?

Kunjal
sorry just realised you arent going till next summer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.