Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Perth 9 months in still a rollercaster...............

Perth 9 months in still a rollercaster...............

Old Feb 11th 2007, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

kozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nice
Default Re: Perth 9 months in still a rollercaster...............

Originally Posted by kris maynard
After practically living on this site before we came to Perth thought it only right i do an update (if anyone remembers us).

We had never visited Perth and knew nobody before we arrived!!!:scared:

After the initial stress of finding a home schools and cars and all the other stuff needed when we got here we began to live the dream Perth is a fantastic place and we really have lived the dream the kids have all settled into school every weekend we are busy exploring this fab place have been down to busselton for a long weekend visited bunbury Margeret River all beautiful places and soooooooo easy to drive to. After xmas went to Monkey Mia again fab and the drive was amazing also made us really appreciate how vast this place is driving for hours and only seeing a few other cars on the road Bazaar.

Robs working for a really good plastering firm with no hassels earns good money excellent.
Bought our house with swimming pool have nice bush views instaed of the fence we found in most property over here!!
Have met a really good group of friends and our social life has never been so busy.
Am part of a great netball team something i havent done since i was at junior school.
See Robbie Williams twice and was front row on the barrier omg he was amazing ..........
All in all we have fitted in well we have done what we set out to do try a new life and i do not regret for one minute what we have done BUT we totally underestimated how home sick we would get and how much we missed our friends and family back home we honestly believed we would be fine BUT although my sister has visited and my parents are due in 2 weeks we have come to the decision that our friends and family are a far more important part of our lives than the swimming pool and beach lifestyle so we are heading back to the UK and we are sooo excited.

For those heading over my advice would be come with a totally open mind dont have too many expectations we came with the view that we would give it a go if we loved it great if we hated it we would just head back , lifes too short for regrets and we are sooooo lucky to have been given the oppurtunity to have given it a go. Listen to everybodys views each one of us is different and will have different views on a place or way of life but one of those views will be similar to yours and its only then you can appreciate what others views are .....

Oh and we have a Holden Viva and Mitsubishi triton and 4x2 with pool in carramar to sell if anyones interested

Cheers Kris xx
Hi Kris,

Sorry to hear you are leaving. We have shippers coming tomorrow and have flights booked to come to perth on 19th March. We'll have to rent for a while but out of interest how much are you looking for for the house. We know exactly where Carramar is as we visited friends who live there when we were out in December last year.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 8:53 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kozzae
Hi Kris,

Sorry to hear you are leaving. We have shippers coming tomorrow and have flights booked to come to perth on 19th March. We'll have to rent for a while but out of interest how much are you looking for for the house. We know exactly where Carramar is as we visited friends who live there when we were out in December last year.
They are staying in Aus now
Old Feb 13th 2007, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kris maynard
A quick update ........ our rollercoaster continues we are staying until we get our citzenship

Kris xx
Hi Kris,

Glad to hear that you'r sticking it out at least until you get your citizenship, thats good news!

We've been here 2 months now and it has been difficult so far, we're both still looking for work and with us being first time buyers it just seems like we'll never be able to get on the housing ladder given the ridiculous land/house prices! You can't get a decent block of land for under $250k! It looks like we may have to rent for some time!

Like you, I'm willing to give it 2 years (as long as we get work!) and then see what happens from there.

Good to hear that you've had a change of heart anyway.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

hey you.... my god you have done welll for yourself you posh person you lol
hugs

great post

love lace xxxx
Old Apr 5th 2007, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

carlos73 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
Me my wife and our two children are heading out to Perth just waiting on Visa's! Could you let me know how you got your job as a plasterer and what pay as i am also in the same trade?

Sorry you both are leaving but you have give us some good advice as we also are worried about leaving friends and family behind..... good luck back in the UK.

Cheers