Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Perth 9 months in still a rollercaster...............

Perth 9 months in still a rollercaster...............

Old Feb 7th 2007, 5:39 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth 9 months in still a rollercaster...............

Originally Posted by kris maynard
A quick update ........ our rollercoaster continues we are staying until we get our citzenship

Kris xx
Knew you couldnt leave all this behind
Will you be along on Thursday to give us all the gos?

Great news
Sam
Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:14 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

A quick update ........ our rollercoaster continues we are staying until we get our citzenship

Kris xx
fantastic news.
Have your parents been yet? Did that determine your change of heart?
At 9 months i felt lousy.......I've now just passed the year mark ..and i feel tons better.

L-j
Old Feb 8th 2007, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Wondered what you were up to Kris, and no sooner have I got over the shock that you're going back now I read you're staying, good news
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:09 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Kris xx
Yay! That's great news Kris!!! Really pleased for you

Well done for sticking with it

Maybe see you in Perth one day if we someone manage to win the lottery so we can buy a house out there
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of

Hi Kris, glad to hear your not going back to England just yet, get the 2 years in and then decided, (can i ask have u gone back on the ciggies Kris)? good luck girl whatever you decide. Jox
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kris

Got a bit of shock myself, saw your house on the market and did wonder...I think your definitely making the right choice, better to keep your options open at the end of the day.

Are you still selling? We've had ours on the market for over 4 months now.

Take care.

Jude xx
Old Feb 9th 2007, 4:23 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Yep parents are here at the mo and although at first they wouldnt say anything either way as soon as we mentioned we didnt know what to do they told us they thought we were mad not waiting to get citizenship so that helped hugely as for us because we (stupidly) told everyone we were going back felt hugely guilty for changing our minds so they kind of gave us the go ahead all we have to do now is let the oh family know

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
fantastic news.
Have your parents been yet? Did that determine your change of heart?
At 9 months i felt lousy.......I've now just passed the year mark ..and i feel tons better.

L-j
Old Feb 9th 2007, 4:24 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bridie

How are you i just dont have time to keep updated with everyone latley!!!

Hope everything is working out for you!!

kris xx
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:17 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bridie

How are you i just dont have time to keep updated with everyone latley!!!

Hope everything is working out for you!!

kris xx
good for you Kris. keep your options open. enjoy your mum/dads visit.

xx
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Kris xx
Hi Kris ( not sure if you remember me)

Nice to see you again... I don't get on here as much as i used to, but always good to hear of peoples adventures/ rollercoasters/stress.
When I saw your name I nearly dropped my drink to see how you are getting on.
Its good that you tried it, and even better that your keeping your options open and staying for citizenship. I too wondered, have you succombed to the weed during all that deliberating stress I have, and I'm still here in UK! ,but only a couple in a month, well may be a couple more, then weeks without.

All the best Kris, it must all be heart wrenching.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 10:20 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Great news, all the best.

Joex
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:31 am
Happy Member

And no i still dont smoke!! To be honest dont think i ever will if i can do all this without smoking its really made realise you dont NEED to smoke!!

Never thought i would say that!!

Kris xx

Originally Posted by sunflower7
Hi Kris ( not sure if you remember me)

Nice to see you again... I don't get on here as much as i used to, but always good to hear of peoples adventures/ rollercoasters/stress.
When I saw your name I nearly dropped my drink to see how you are getting on.
Its good that you tried it, and even better that your keeping your options open and staying for citizenship. I too wondered, have you succombed to the weed during all that deliberating stress I have, and I'm still here in UK! ,but only a couple in a month, well may be a couple more, then weeks without.

All the best Kris, it must all be heart wrenching.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:21 am
Banned

TonyLondon22 is an unknown quantity at this point

In mitigation London Winters are significantly milder now!....Its the middle of February and 11 Degrees now.....it wasn't like that when I "were" a lad!..lol..though we did have a lil snow the other day!....
...I wish the interesting Peeps here would reveal where they emigrated from so as to make a comparison and understand more their reasons for leaving!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:25 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

After practically living on this site before we came to Perth thought it only right i do an update (if anyone remembers us).

We had never visited Perth and knew nobody before we arrived!!!:scared:

After the initial stress of finding a home schools and cars and all the other stuff needed when we got here we began to live the dream Perth is a fantastic place and we really have lived the dream the kids have all settled into school every weekend we are busy exploring this fab place have been down to busselton for a long weekend visited bunbury Margeret River all beautiful places and soooooooo easy to drive to. After xmas went to Monkey Mia again fab and the drive was amazing also made us really appreciate how vast this place is driving for hours and only seeing a few other cars on the road Bazaar.

Robs working for a really good plastering firm with no hassels earns good money excellent.
Bought our house with swimming pool have nice bush views instaed of the fence we found in most property over here!!
Have met a really good group of friends and our social life has never been so busy.
Am part of a great netball team something i havent done since i was at junior school.
See Robbie Williams twice and was front row on the barrier omg he was amazing ..........
All in all we have fitted in well we have done what we set out to do try a new life and i do not regret for one minute what we have done BUT we totally underestimated how home sick we would get and how much we missed our friends and family back home we honestly believed we would be fine BUT although my sister has visited and my parents are due in 2 weeks we have come to the decision that our friends and family are a far more important part of our lives than the swimming pool and beach lifestyle so we are heading back to the UK and we are sooo excited.

For those heading over my advice would be come with a totally open mind dont have too many expectations we came with the view that we would give it a go if we loved it great if we hated it we would just head back , lifes too short for regrets and we are sooooo lucky to have been given the oppurtunity to have given it a go. Listen to everybodys views each one of us is different and will have different views on a place or way of life but one of those views will be similar to yours and its only then you can appreciate what others views are .....

Oh and we have a Holden Viva and Mitsubishi triton and 4x2 with pool in carramar to sell if anyones interested

Cheers Kris xx
thanks for living my dream,may it long continue for you,fantastic..

hope its me soon.

marcus
Old Feb 11th 2007, 11:10 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Kris xx

aw, thats great news kris!!

sue x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.