The 'Jen1977au' thread

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 1:56 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Jen1977au' thread

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Well to be fair - the "eat as much as you can" thing does rather attract the larger crowd! As far as Sizzler quality goes though - I've never had any issues (never eaten in Toowoomba Siz though) and usually find to be a decent place to feed the family. Its not 'gourmet' but its decent food and an environment where the kids enjoy it without feeling too pompous.

(For the record I work for Collins Foods Group who own Sizzler - and use my 20% employee discount quite regularly!)
I just felt like everything had a load of salt on it and grease to boot! And my partner is in the army and would therefore eat anything and he wasn't impressed. I guess it's just personal choice @ the end of the day! lol
Old Mar 8th 2010, 7:51 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

We now have broadband, WOO HOO! All I need now is a new computer, any recommendations on the best places for a good deal in Toowoomba/QLD? I've seen an ACER 5740 and Harvey Norman are knocking it down from $899 to $798, is this a good deal, or was it meant to be $800 to start off with and they've seen gullible written on my forehead lol Where else would people recommend to buy laptops, do Dick Smiths also give discount for cash or?
Old Mar 8th 2010, 8:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
We now have broadband, WOO HOO! All I need now is a new computer, any recommendations on the best places for a good deal in Toowoomba/QLD? I've seen an ACER 5740 and Harvey Norman are knocking it down from $899 to $798, is this a good deal, or was it meant to be $800 to start off with and they've seen gullible written on my forehead lol Where else would people recommend to buy laptops, do Dick Smiths also give discount for cash or?
The Good Guys are good if you have one but they will all price match. I got Clive Anthony's to price match an internet price just before christmas, saved about $400
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:14 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

The OH went out yday and got me my new puter, came home from tutoring to see it all set up with MS Office n everyfink, isn't he a sweetie, and it isn't even my bday til next week too! He's very organised this year!

Also got some other good news, our seafreight arrived in Oz last week and is already ready, having cleared customs and quarantine, HOW QUICK IS THAT!? Getting it delivered on Wednesday, just in time for St Paddy's and me birfdee, WOO HOO!!!

On the downside though I've woken up this morning with a really swollen 'bake' aka face, it's my wee parotid glands, so most likely is mumps, tis sore, OUCHY!!! I blame those pesky kids I've been tutoring lol
Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see everything happening now Jen.

Hope you get well soon.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:47 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Thanks, oh and next week when I'm feeling a bit better I'm going to see the local RSPCA people about becoming a volunteer, BEEZER!!!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 10:25 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, oh and next week when I'm feeling a bit better I'm going to see the local RSPCA people about becoming a volunteer, BEEZER!!!
You've got get and go Jen, onya mate

Cooler
Old Mar 12th 2010, 10:33 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
You've got get and go Jen, onya mate

Cooler
That's meeeeee.....kinda
Old Mar 13th 2010, 7:26 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Exclamation Re: The 'Jen1977au' thread

Is it too much to ask in this country, that if someone takes the time to apply for a job, albeit a casual one, if they are unsuccessful or whatever, that the employer sends a standard email back to say 'Thanks but no thanks'? I have applied for just about anything and everything, a casual worker in a chemist, probably stacking the shelves and smiling sweetly while taking people's money, today I applied to work in retail, in what I think is a petrol station, I have experience in doing this job but whats the chances I get NO RESPONSE from the application I made. It's called COMMON COURTESY AUSTRALIA....yes you're a lovely nation, your manners when serving the public are superb, but please, if someone takes the time to fill in an application form and forward you their CV, at least ACKNOWLEDGE IT!?!?!?

***RANT OVER***
Old Mar 13th 2010, 7:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it too much to ask in this country, that if someone takes the time to apply for a job, albeit a casual one, if they are unsuccessful or whatever, that the employer sends a standard email back to say 'Thanks but no thanks'? I have applied for just about anything and everything, a casual worker in a chemist, probably stacking the shelves and smiling sweetly while taking people's money, today I applied to work in retail, in what I think is a petrol station, I have experience in doing this job but whats the chances I get NO RESPONSE from the application I made. It's called COMMON COURTESY AUSTRALIA....yes you're a lovely nation, your manners when serving the public are superb, but please, if someone takes the time to fill in an application form and forward you their CV, at least ACKNOWLEDGE IT!?!?!?

***RANT OVER***
I understand your pain. However I would point out it's not an 'Australian' thing, it seems to be a world wide thing and happens quite a lot in the UK now as well the US etc. HR departments consider themselves too busy to send a basic email, especially when the economic climate is a bit shitty, too many people applying for too few jobs. I assume that if you hear nothing, you ain't got it, bloody irritating though.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 7:45 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I understand your pain. However I would point out it's not an 'Australian' thing, it seems to be a world wide thing and happens quite a lot in the UK now as well the US etc. HR departments consider themselves too busy to send a basic email, especially when the economic climate is a bit shitty, too many people applying for too few jobs. I assume that if you hear nothing, you ain't got it, bloody irritating though.
I guess so, then again all I've applied for in the past ten years are teaching jobs and I've always had a response, positive or negative, maybe my expectations are too high eh! Onwards and upwards....now...where's that wine, I've heard it's a great cure for the mumps!!!
Old Mar 13th 2010, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

***RANT OVER***

Most employers don't reply back in NI either if you're not successful - coming from one who worked int he JobCentre

Lynn xx
Old Mar 13th 2010, 1:51 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Most employers don't reply back in NI either if you're not successful - coming from one who worked int he JobCentre

Lynn xx
All of the schools did...
Old Mar 13th 2010, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

Scoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really nice

Jen - don't let it get you down!! My friend from Manchester came over as a teacher and it took over 18mths to get something in Brisbane, I also have an Aussie friend that couldn't get a job in QLD so went to Dubai! Its the global economy not just Oz. When I moved over the economy was really strong and I got a job in a day. But things have changed. Good luck!
Old Mar 13th 2010, 11:42 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Scoult
Jen - don't let it get you down!! My friend from Manchester came over as a teacher and it took over 18mths to get something in Brisbane, I also have an Aussie friend that couldn't get a job in QLD so went to Dubai! Its the global economy not just Oz. When I moved over the economy was really strong and I got a job in a day. But things have changed. Good luck!
I'm on no rush to get an actual job, I'm more than happy to do supply/relief teaching for as long as, already have some schools wanting to put me on their lists. So now it's just the waiting game...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.