The 'Jen1977au' thread

Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The 'Jen1977au' thread

Glad you have arrived safely. I have read many of you posts over many months. The last time I read one of your posts you were waiting to tell your class you were leaving. I have often wondered how they took it. Were they O.K? Hope the barbie went well.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:56 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
more like no internet! She's been on FB so is around and christening the BBQ tonight or earlier on today in the UK time.
Tee hee yeah we christened the BBQ last night, was meant to be Saturday night but Simon firstly bought the wrong sized gas bottle and secondly then realised it was an empty one anyways lol Off to Bunnings and soon had that sorted! He needs to learn the art of healthy BBQ'ing for the missus though, me trying to lose weight and his dirty great sausages sitting on the little wrack dripping fat onto my healthy chicken, I'll kick his @ss! lol

Been a mad two weeks so far, into the house, everything as good as sorted except broadband (using a wee PAYG dongle for now), two cars bought and now all I need is a job, when my Teacher Registration eventually comes through.

Won't be as many updates til we get proper broadband as I don't want to kick the butt outta this dongle.

Over and out for now...

Jen xo xo xo
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Tee hee yeah we christened the BBQ last night, was meant to be Saturday night but Simon firstly bought the wrong sized gas bottle and secondly then realised it was an empty one anyways lol Off to Bunnings and soon had that sorted! He needs to learn the art of healthy BBQ'ing for the missus though, me trying to lose weight and his dirty great sausages sitting on the little wrack dripping fat onto my healthy chicken, I'll kick his @ss! lol

Been a mad two weeks so far, into the house, everything as good as sorted except broadband (using a wee PAYG dongle for now), two cars bought and now all I need is a job, when my Teacher Registration eventually comes through.

Won't be as many updates til we get proper broadband as I don't want to kick the butt outta this dongle.

Over and out for now...

Jen xo xo xo
lol, we did the same with the gas bottle! Irish or what lol
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Imagine buying an empty gas bottle how stupid can you be. Glad I did not do that

We live and learn.

Paddy
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:28 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Imagine buying an empty gas bottle how stupid can you be. Glad I did not do that

We live and learn.

Paddy
Yeah, even worse I'DDD to return it as he was @ work. 'Hi, we bought this gas bottle for our BBQ the other day, firstly it's too small, and secondly, we're so stupid, we bought an empty one, DURRRRRRRRR' lol

The one from Bunnings was $80 odd I think but you bring it back and have it refillled and it only costs $20 odd, not bad eh....
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:29 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Kayelem
Glad you have arrived safely. I have read many of you posts over many months. The last time I read one of your posts you were waiting to tell your class you were leaving. I have often wondered how they took it. Were they O.K? Hope the barbie went well.
They cried, lots, and so did I, and the day I left even the parents were crying and asking could they add me on Facebook, I said no, and some gave me their email addys, but since, I've let a few of the cool ones add me, one's I'd love to keep in touch with, RESULT!
Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

pauline dublin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jen
You got there .
Last I read you were selling your house as we were, we have just sold ours and hoping to be back in australia in 10-12 weeks.
Where did you go Perth or Queensland?
Pauline
Old Feb 25th 2010, 10:52 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Queensland, and I decided to hold onto the house til it was worth more....the first people who viewed it to rent, wanted it, so it's been simple enough....SO FAR LOL

Where r u headed?

Originally Posted by pauline dublin
Hi Jen
You got there .
Last I read you were selling your house as we were, we have just sold ours and hoping to be back in australia in 10-12 weeks.
Where did you go Perth or Queensland?
Pauline
Old Feb 26th 2010, 12:53 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Just been offered a job, purely commission based but could be handy on days I'm not teaching til I secure something more long-term....hmmmm what to do, requires me to go to the Gold Coast for a week all expenses paid, the week after next...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...12#post8376012
Old Feb 26th 2010, 1:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Just been offered a job, purely commission based but could be handy on days I'm not teaching til I secure something more long-term....hmmmm what to do, requires me to go to the Gold Coast for a week all expenses paid, the week after next...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...12#post8376012
A week in Robina? Long enough for some Shopping centre (bang next door to the Austar offices) is pretty good though. Got nothing to lose, if you're an outgoing bod you'd have fun with the would be customers. I got Austar after a long chat about the UK and stuff with the Austar fella in a local shopping centre.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 1:44 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
A week in Robina? Long enough for some Shopping centre (bang next door to the Austar offices) is pretty good though. Got nothing to lose, if you're an outgoing bod you'd have fun with the would be customers. I got Austar after a long chat about the UK and stuff with the Austar fella in a local shopping centre.
He let me borrow his handbook over the weekend and I said I'd go and see him on Monday, so I've the weekend to decide...
Old Feb 26th 2010, 1:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

He let me borrow his handbook over the weekend and I said I'd go and see him on Monday, so I've the weekend to decide...
Was only having a joke about Robina, many many people love the town, just not me, a tad too built up for me but hey, all expenses paid weeks stay there, even if you are working could be fun.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 2:01 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Was only having a joke about Robina, many many people love the town, just not me, a tad too built up for me but hey, all expenses paid weeks stay there, even if you are working could be fun.
I've never heard of it, beats being an unemployed bum sitting around doing b*gger all all day long, I am sooooo bored today, I could SCREAMMMMMMMMMMMM lol
Old Feb 26th 2010, 3:00 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Jen

I arrived in late Jan, so I've been going through a similar set of hassles to you. Some pointers that might help:
  1. Bite the bullet and buy an All-in-one printer. I rationalised the cheap slow one I got for $98 by realising that they still use faxes over here, so the fax element of this unit means I can leave it connected to the otherwise redundant phone line I'm going to be forced to have. Wouldn't be without out for the all the printing and copying I've had to do. All that assumes you have a laptop?
  2. Not sure how permanent your rental place is, but I had a hell of a time finding something until I realised the agents were useless and you had and kick them to get anywhere. Trying to sort out services and essentials at the moment (anyone got any good leads?)
  3. As you've probably found, supermarkets are hellishly overpriced, but takeaways are cheap. No idea why. Wine can be had cheap as well, but beer is expensive.
  4. Medicare card eventually comes through, and for some reason is useful for id - no idea why, its got nothing on it. I'm waiting till I'm in my final rental before doing the driving licence, since they seem to be useless.
  5. Aussie CVs tend to be very long and detailed, stick it all in and don't worry if it stretches to 4-5 pages. As you may have found, they like their red tape and very long forms here, and ID for everything.
  6. Time to make sure the shippers have your new details, they had wrong and outdated stuff for me - such that they wouldn't be able to contact to deliver the stuff when the ship did come in.
  7. Its "savings" on EFTPOS.
Now off to buy a DECT phone to tide me over....I do wish Argos would open up here with UK prices.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.