The 'Jen1977au' thread

Old Apr 16th 2010, 2:25 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Jen1977au' thread

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
First Aid now completed, off today for Show Day as it's the local show in Toowoomba. We however, are going to go fishing instead as Simon goes on exercise tomorrow so fishing is nice and relaxing and we could end up catching our own dinner lol

I've been told I will be needed for the Teacher Aide job for another 5 to 6 weeks which should hopefully take me up to when my Rego is granted, all being well. Patience is a virtue Jen, be patient, ARGHHHHH LOL I can't wait to get into Primary as the High School kids are just so big and some are quite whiffy lol I know I'm certainly not cut out for the teenagers, but luckily it's just a temporary measure lol
That's great Jen, stick with it. Sweaty teenagers, hmm, sadly smelt too many of them in the UK. Funnily enough, it seems far better where I am working, even when it's been hot. It's either the aircon or the kids shower more often.

Strange, I have to do two lessons of primary a week and that's more than enough for me!

Cooler
Old Apr 16th 2010, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

First Aid now completed, off today for Show Day as it's the local show in Toowoomba. We however, are going to go fishing instead as Simon goes on exercise tomorrow so fishing is nice and relaxing and we could end up catching our own dinner lol

I've been told I will be needed for the Teacher Aide job for another 5 to 6 weeks which should hopefully take me up to when my Rego is granted, all being well. Patience is a virtue Jen, be patient, ARGHHHHH LOL I can't wait to get into Primary as the High School kids are just so big and some are quite whiffy lol I know I'm certainly not cut out for the teenagers, but luckily it's just a temporary measure lol
hi jen
glad all is going well for you in toowoomba, my wife started her voulntry hours for her teacher aide course this week, she is working with preps and year 1, she seems to be enjoying it, you sound like your defo enjoying it here after all the wait to get here.
john
Old Apr 24th 2010, 8:50 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

HAPPY ANZAC DAY EVERYONE!!!

My first Anzac Day in Oz and I can't wait to celebrate, I'm so proud of Simon and all that he has done in the past 18 years as a soldier, and now that we're in Oz we get to openly celebrate all of that hard work!

Love u Simon,

Jen xo
Old Apr 25th 2010, 9:38 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

HAPPY ANZAC DAY EVERYONE!!!

My first Anzac Day in Oz and I can't wait to celebrate, I'm so proud of Simon and all that he has done in the past 18 years as a soldier, and now that we're in Oz we get to openly celebrate all of that hard work!

Love u Simon,

Jen xo
Not 'HAPPY' if you get me but a time to celebrate and commemorate all that our Aussie Diggers have done for us!

A great day all in all, except I got burnt and we both ended up very tiddly and back home in bed for 7, OOPSIES...not bad going for Simon though, he was woken with a beer at 4 by one of his colleagues, me however, I only started drinking at 3 and was trying desparately to catch up! It seems I tried too hard, OOPSIES AGAIN....
Old May 12th 2010, 9:34 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Well here we are again...been a bit quiet on this thread of late, as... well, I've had nothing at all interesting to say, and still don't lol Thought I'd keep u up to date tho, my 6 weeks of casual Teacher Aide work in the local High School's SEU is coming to an end tomorrow (the girl I'm covering for is back after her op, next week), it's been an eye opener and obviously has been great to be earning some money and contributing to the household, albeit temporarily. My Teacher Registration has been being processed for 3 months next week, the timescale I was given was a minimum of 3 months and when I phoned a fortnight ago I was told they still had 20 other people to process ahead of me, OH THE JOYS lol So anyhoo I've been trying to find other TA work meanwhile and there are a few possibilities, though nothing concrete as yet. So I'm trying to remain positive and think to myself, YAY a very very very long weekend ahead, it could be several weeks long but hey ho, the old rego shouldn't be much longer....SHOULD IT?! GULP!
Old May 15th 2010, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Well here we are again...been a bit quiet on this thread of late, as... well, I've had nothing at all interesting to say, and still don't lol Thought I'd keep u up to date tho, my 6 weeks of casual Teacher Aide work in the local High School's SEU is coming to an end tomorrow (the girl I'm covering for is back after her op, next week), it's been an eye opener and obviously has been great to be earning some money and contributing to the household, albeit temporarily. My Teacher Registration has been being processed for 3 months next week, the timescale I was given was a minimum of 3 months and when I phoned a fortnight ago I was told they still had 20 other people to process ahead of me, OH THE JOYS lol So anyhoo I've been trying to find other TA work meanwhile and there are a few possibilities, though nothing concrete as yet. So I'm trying to remain positive and think to myself, YAY a very very very long weekend ahead, it could be several weeks long but hey ho, the old rego shouldn't be much longer....SHOULD IT?! GULP!
Hi Jen

Thought you had been quiet of late!!! Always enjoy reading your news as there's always a positive vibe - which is very helpful to me as we're wading our way through the final stages of sorting stuff this end! Keep smiling and fingers crossed that you're off and teaching very soon x
Old May 15th 2010, 11:32 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by myrtle1
Hi Jen

Thought you had been quiet of late!!! Always enjoy reading your news as there's always a positive vibe - which is very helpful to me as we're wading our way through the final stages of sorting stuff this end! Keep smiling and fingers crossed that you're off and teaching very soon x
Thanks Myrtle, phoned QCT up again on Thursday only to be told my registration was imminent, as in any day now, seeing is believing but I guess it's been the most positive response I've had from them yet so here's hoping!!!
Old May 19th 2010, 4:19 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Went along to deliver my resume/cv to the Catholic schools today to be told that I need to register with the Catholic Education Office, upon calling in with them I was given yet another application form and for it they require three references, one of which must be a church reference, who must comment on my knowledge of the Catholic Faith! ARGHHHHHHHHH :curse: I AM GOING TO GO POTTY!!! I am not Catholic so obviously can't get this reference so there we go, that's about 10 schools which I can't do supply at! I AM GOING TO CRACK UP!!! This country is driving me potty in the teaching stakes, why oh why oh why do I bother?! So many hoops to be jumped through, it's just a nightmare! I now feel totally deflated but will perservere, just finishing off my Teacher Applicant Centre bumpf then will get that posted....onwards and upwards folks, onwards and upwards!
Old May 19th 2010, 4:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Went along to deliver my resume/cv to the Catholic schools today to be told that I need to register with the Catholic Education Office, upon calling in with them I was given yet another application form and for it they require three references, one of which must be a church reference, who must comment on my knowledge of the Catholic Faith! ARGHHHHHHHHH :curse: I AM GOING TO GO POTTY!!! I am not Catholic so obviously can't get this reference so there we go, that's about 10 schools which I can't do supply at! I AM GOING TO CRACK UP!!! This country is driving me potty in the teaching stakes, why oh why oh why do I bother?! So many hoops to be jumped through, it's just a nightmare! I now feel totally deflated but will perservere, just finishing off my Teacher Applicant Centre bumpf then will get that posted....onwards and upwards folks, onwards and upwards!
I went for an admin job at a local church school. Needed to prove I was a god botherer and have a reference from my vicar/priest/whatever. I was only going to be sitting in an office! They like to keep stuff to themselves You've have ended up having to go to mass and stuff so don't worry about it.
Old May 19th 2010, 5:05 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I went for an admin job at a local church school. Needed to prove I was a god botherer and have a reference from my vicar/priest/whatever. I was only going to be sitting in an office! They like to keep stuff to themselves You've have ended up having to go to mass and stuff so don't worry about it.
I guess so, I was surprised I didn't turn into a pile of dust as I attempted to walk into their office. Aw well, such is life! lol
Old May 21st 2010, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quite a few teachers at some Catholic schools are not Catholic.
Old May 21st 2010, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

I guess so, I was surprised I didn't turn into a pile of dust as I attempted to walk into their office. Aw well, such is life! lol
LOL
Old May 21st 2010, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Most of them would already be a pile on the floor if that was the case
Old May 21st 2010, 10:01 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by fish.01
Quite a few teachers at some Catholic schools are not Catholic.
Apparently so, though I don't know how they managed it!
Old May 22nd 2010, 12:03 am

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point

Jenn, just fill it in with what you can and send it back to them, if they are short of relief teachers then it may not matter that you are not Catholic, myself and my wife are not Catholic and we both teach in a Private secondary Catholic school - it is in a regional area so they can't afford to be restrictive otherwise they would not have enough teachers. Just give it a shot, they can only say No!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.