Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

yep it's already started!

yep it's already started!

Old Jan 24th 2017, 8:27 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: yep it's already started!

Originally Posted by Wintersong
.... [Dear liberal friends: we need to talk about Donald Trump.]

https://youtu.be/Fk8DDFE8v3I
Sweet!

A beautiful summary, I wish I had written that.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 8:31 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
I don't think that's the case. It wasn't "pro-life women" ... it was pro-life organizations. If they were planning to march as an organization, they were asked not to come. It seems to me that makes sense. White people are welcome at civil rights marches - the KKK ... not so much.
There are people in my own community who were told they weren't welcome at our local march if they held pro-life opinions (and are still being told that, on our city's FB page).

I think the main problem is that the whole thing just morphed and became so huge, that organisers at the local level may have had entirely different goals to those on the national level. That's why I don't believe it can be pigeonholed into a single specific, narrow cause.

Last edited by Wintersong; Jan 24th 2017 at 8:34 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 8:33 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Sweet!

A beautiful summary, I wish I had written that.
It would be nice if you would consider some of the very real fears of those on the other side of the fence as well, though.

Sorry... [/skewering]
Old Jan 24th 2017, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
I don't think that's the case. It wasn't "pro-life women" ... it was pro-life organizations. If they were planning to march as an organization, they were asked not to come. It seems to me that makes sense. White people are welcome at civil rights marches - the KKK ... not so much.
As the chants go

No Donald Trump
No KKK
No Racist USA
Old Jan 24th 2017, 8:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

It would be nice if you would consider some of the very real fears of those on the other side of the fence as well, though. ....
But that in a nutshell is where the political divide has come from. Liberals treat those who don't agree with them like ยง4!t, their opinions are just "bigoted nonsense". As Hillary herself put it, half of Trump supporters are "deplorable" .... So that's what, 20+% of voters! I can only assume that Hillary didn't think she was insulting quite so many people, but it's still a curious way to appeal to supporters of the opposing part to switch their allegiance. Bernie had a massively better grasp of the realities many Americans face today.

While many benefitted from ACA coverage, others had their existing policies withdrawn and/or premiums jacked up through the roof, proving President Obama's "if you like your policy you can keep it" to be the biggest lie since Bush Sr's "watch my lips, no new taxes".
Old Jan 24th 2017, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

But that in a nutshell is where the political divide has come from. Liberals treat those who don't agree with them like ยง4!t, their opinions are just "bigoted nonsense".
As though that kind of characterisation is the preserve of one side of the political spectrum...
Old Jan 24th 2017, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

It would be nice if you would consider some of the very real fears of those on the other side of the fence as well, though.

Sorry... [/skewering]
Antagonizing the Muslim community by moving the US embassy to Israel won't provoke any more terrorists attacks?

Moving the US military into the South China sea won't cause any problems with China?

Allowing the fastest growing economy to move in and replace the US in TPP, won't have consequences?
Old Jan 24th 2017, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by mrken30
Antagonizing the Muslim community by moving the US embassy to Israel won't provoke any more terrorists attacks?

Moving the US military into the South China sea won't cause any problems with China?

Allowing the fastest growing economy to move in and replace the US in TPP, won't have consequences?
At least two of those questions contain factual errors and/or a lack of understanding of the issue at stake.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

At least two of those questions contain factual errors and/or a lack of understanding of the issue at stake.
Which two are wrong?
Old Jan 24th 2017, 9:34 pm

Which two are wrong?
The US already has an embassy in Israel.

I was wrong about the TPP.

I don't know what you mean about the South China Sea - is there some news I have missed?
Old Jan 24th 2017, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I meant moving the embassy to Jerusalem, of course they have an embassy in Israel. My mistake.

There have been a few articles about the South China Sea, here is one.

China hits back at US over South China Sea claims - BBC News

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-being-clear/

Last edited by mrken30; Jan 24th 2017 at 9:51 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I wonder if South Carolinians are more truthful, time will tell.

Trump Budget Nominee All But Admits Obama Got Bigger Inauguration Crowd Than Trump | The Huffington Post
Old Jan 24th 2017, 10:03 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Good grief. I do hope the guy asking the questions is seeing a doctor.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 11:20 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think China will bow down to Trump. I'm sure this will be a shock to Trump that someone does not does as he says. He is not everyone's boss.

China party paper says no 'provocation' can stop its military drills | Reuters
Trump wouldn't bow down to the Chinese either and the US navy presence is pretty strong in that part of the world. Absent an actual war I think there could be an incident sooner or later, exchange of fire, brief skirmish, something like that
Old Jan 24th 2017, 11:33 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

But that in a nutshell is where the political divide has come from. Liberals treat those who don't agree with them like ยง4!t, their opinions are just "bigoted nonsense". As Hillary herself put it, half of Trump supporters are "deplorable" .... So that's what, 20+% of voters! I can only assume that Hillary didn't think she was insulting quite so many people, but it's still a curious way to appeal to supporters of the opposing part to switch their allegiance. Bernie had a massively better grasp of the realities many Americans face today.

While many benefitted from ACA coverage, others had their existing policies withdrawn and/or premiums jacked up through the roof, proving President Obama's "if you like your policy you can keep it" to be the biggest lie since Bush Sr's "watch my lips, no new taxes".
And you can't see that it cuts both ways?

Unless you think 'sheeple, 'loony lefties', 'libtards' and so many others are simply terms of endearment, of course.

Yes, Clinton insulted Trump supporters. Are you forgetting all those times that Trump encouraged violence towards protesters?

The political divide hasn't come from one side and one side alone. We all stopped listening to each other, and we all stopped trying to find common ground in favour of hurling insults at each other in internet comment sections. Both sides are just as guilty. Both sides have valid points to make, but nobody wants to hear them any more: we'd rather just try to drown each other out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.