Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

yep it's already started!

yep it's already started!

Old Jan 24th 2017, 11:34 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: yep it's already started!

Originally Posted by mrken30
Antagonizing the Muslim community by moving the US embassy to Israel won't provoke any more terrorists attacks?

Moving the US military into the South China sea won't cause any problems with China?

Allowing the fastest growing economy to move in and replace the US in TPP, won't have consequences?
Confused as to how this has anything to do with my post
Old Jan 25th 2017, 12:03 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
There are people in my own community who were told they weren't welcome at our local march if they held pro-life opinions (and are still being told that, on our city's FB page).

I think the main problem is that the whole thing just morphed and became so huge, that organisers at the local level may have had entirely different goals to those on the national level. That's why I don't believe it can be pigeonholed into a single specific, narrow cause.
Okay, fair enough. That is different than what I heard from (some of) the organizers in DC. The reason I say "some" is that there were a lot of pop-up groups and my contacts were only some among many.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 3:00 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

And you can't see that it cuts both ways? ....
No, I don't see it cuts both ways equally, and I base that in part on my own experience here on BE. Many things I say are "interpreted", by GiantAxe, RWFLP, Leslie, Dakota and a few others to, mean that I am a racist, and that what I said is not only not worthy of discussion, but is contemptible. I am tired of trying to draw a distinction when I keep getting the same crap thrown at me. It's tiresome, and it happens on a national level - no matter what most republicans say it is dismissed by some left-leaning politicians and a good number of media luvvies as indicative of racism.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to have a reasoned discussion when what I, or anyone else says, is dismissed as racist. .... Every time anyone said anything against President Obama, it was invariably dismissed as racist, and I had that accusation made against me when I dared to criticize any if his policies or actions.

Yes, the left have been called some names, but I don't think there us any equivalent to having everything reduced to a cry of "racist" as a means to shutting down any possible discussion.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 25th 2017 at 3:03 am.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 3:20 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
No, I don't see it cuts both ways equally, and I base that in part on my own experience here on BE. Many things I say are "interpreted", by GiantAxe, RWFLP, Leslie, Dakota and a few others to, mean that I am a racist, and that what I said is not only not worthy of discussion, but is contemptible. I am tired of trying to draw a distinction when I keep getting the same crap thrown at me. It's tiresome, and it happens on a national level - no matter what most republicans say it is dismissed by some left-leaning politicians and a good number of media luvvies as indicative of racism.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to have a reasoned discussion when what I, or anyone else says, is dismissed as racist. .... Every time anyone said anything against President Obama, it was invariably dismissed as racist, and I had that accusation made against me when I dared to criticize any if his policies or actions.

Yes, the left have been called some names, but I don't think there us any equivalent to having everything reduced to a cry of "racist" as a means to shutting down any possible discussion.
Oh. My. God.

Show me one post where I called you a racist. Just one.

You do yourself no favors. Rather than argue your case, you wallow in self pity and drag me into your weird persecution fantasies. Just grow up.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 3:32 am
WTF?

Can we note, for the record, that Pulaski and Wintersong have been having a debate over pages and pages and I made no attempt to interfere or interject myself into their conversation.

It was Pulaski who dragged me into this conversation. He can't seem to stand it when I ignore him.

Last edited by Leslie; Jan 25th 2017 at 3:41 am. Reason: grammar
Old Jan 25th 2017, 3:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Can I ask if it's normal at the beginning of each new Presidental term, that there is a total (almost) government agencies media blackout?
Old Jan 25th 2017, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Oh. My. God.

Show me one post where I called you a racist. Just one.

You do yourself no favors. Rather than argue your case, you wallow in self pity and drag me into your weird persecution fantasies. Just grow up.
+1
Old Jan 25th 2017, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Can I ask if it's normal at the beginning of each new Presidental term, that there is a total (almost) government agencies media blackout?
No, it's pretty much unprecedented. Or "unpresidented" if you spell like Trump.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/badlands...e-environment/

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jan 25th 2017 at 3:52 am.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 5:18 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

For God's sake don't say anything in praise of minorities.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 12:21 pm
WTF?

I'm still waiting for an example of where I called you a racist. Just one will do.

If you can't produce something, anything, I think you should be compelled to retract my name from this statement.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 1:32 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Are you done crying?

There are fewer facts in that post than in one of The Orange One's tweets.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 2:07 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to hop on over to one of the EU threads at some point.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Confused as to how this has anything to do with my post
Apologies if this was off topic BE style. I thought the thread was about the changes Trump has started to make. I guess I totally misunderstood the topic behind this thread.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 3:38 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by mrken30
Apologies if this was off topic BE style. I thought the thread was about the changes Trump has started to make. I guess I totally misunderstood the topic behind this thread.
Oh, no, not at all - it's just that I didn't see the connection with the post you quoted, that's all. I was wondering if I'd said something that had been misconstrued to suggest that I was in favour of any of the things you mentioned
Old Jan 25th 2017, 4:00 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by Leslie
Can we note, for the record, that Pulaski and Wintersong have been having a debate over pages and pages and I made no attempt to interfere or interject myself into their conversation.

It was Pulaski who dragged me into this conversation. He can't seem to stand it when I ignore him.
I would have sent you karma for your self control, but I have to spread some first.

Speaking of which, are passive aggressive karma messages something that the left wingers among us indulge in, or is it entirely the purview of the right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.