WTF in America

Old Nov 2nd 2021, 6:30 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
The thought of a vehicle leaking oil on his pristine driveway doesn't make him angry enough to shoot anyone, just hopping mad. He hop hop hops all over the place.
One of my Uncles lived near Swastika, Ontario south of Kirkland Lake, and he had trouble with big logging and mining trucks pulling into his driveway to turn around if they'd missed the junction. At night the headlights would shine right on their bedroom window so he stretched a steel cable between 2 poles on either side of the entrance at windshield height and tied a few red rags on to mark it. The drivers who saw the rags could stop in time, and those who didn't might have their windshields in their lap. Mean, maybe. Cruel, maybe. Driving away covered in bloody broken glass was still preferable to getting out to talk about it: I doubt he ever got the same guy twice.

Last edited by caretaker; Nov 2nd 2021 at 6:32 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 10:18 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I read that article to scouse as a salutary lesson of where driveway aggression can lead. We live on a busy road and at least a couple of times a day people pull into our driveway, usually to answer their mobiles. He can just about stomach that, but sees red when they sit there and chatter on and on.

His solution is to open the garage remote door, stand by the open door of the car and glare at them. Works every time, whether because they're polite enough to get out of his way or because his death stare frightens them. Of course he doesn't really need to get the car out, he's just being a grumpy old shit
He needs to calm down, calm down...
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 11:18 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
One of my Uncles lived near Swastika, Ontario south of Kirkland Lake, and he had trouble with big logging and mining trucks pulling into his driveway to turn around if they'd missed the junction. At night the headlights would shine right on their bedroom window so he stretched a steel cable between 2 poles on either side of the entrance at windshield height and tied a few red rags on to mark it. The drivers who saw the rags could stop in time, and those who didn't might have their windshields in their lap. Mean, maybe. Cruel, maybe. Driving away covered in bloody broken glass was still preferable to getting out to talk about it: I doubt he ever got the same guy twice.
Not a man to get on the wrong side of

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
He needs to calm down, calm down...
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 11:58 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

And I know you read that in a Scouse accent....
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 12:30 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

And I know you read that in a Scouse accent....
I did, but only in my head. If I try to imitate a scouse accent it comes out Scottish
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 1:52 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
He should just shoot them.
Or just this

Old Nov 2nd 2021, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

He should just shoot them.
If I were in Texas, I'd be worried that going out and 'harassing' (standing in front of!) a driver may cause THEM to shoot ME! Whenever I'm driving and another driver does something dumb / dangerous, and I honk my horn, my g/f reminds me ... "he may have a gun ...".
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
My main 'WTF' here is - there's a town with the name Swastika?!?!?!?

But getting past that, I would expect in somewhere like California you could be charged with life endangerment or something similar if you did this. I've read reports of people who get over-zealous in 'booby trapping' or 'protecting' their possessions can be charged. Can't remember the details now, but someone implemented a means by which anyone breaking in to their property would be maimed by some device. Even though the 'break in' was illegal, the homeowner was guilty of something or other. Obviously not in Texas
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Steerpike
My main 'WTF' here is - there's a town with the name Swastika?!?!?!?
The town was named after the Swastika Gold Mine staked in the autumn of 1907 and incorporated on January 6, 1908.

There's an address in the town that's labelled as The Cuck Shed on Google Maps...
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 10:56 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
If I were in Texas, I'd be worried that going out and 'harassing' (standing in front of!) a driver may cause THEM to shoot ME! Whenever I'm driving and another driver does something dumb / dangerous, and I honk my horn, my g/f reminds me ... "he may have a gun ...".
Going out? Why aren’t you just sniping from your living room?
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 11:34 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I just read that the QAnon loonies were in Dallas today, waiting for JFK Jr to show up with Trump and reinstate him as either president or king of kings. I thought it was a joke article, but apparently it was not …..
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 11:34 pm
Account Closed

Going out? Why aren’t you just sniping from your living room?
Air conditioning....
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 11:45 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Air conditioning....
Old Nov 3rd 2021, 1:37 am
Account Closed

I'm not going to open a window if it's running... Are you?
Old Nov 3rd 2021, 3:22 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
I just read that the QAnon loonies were in Dallas today, waiting for JFK Jr to show up with Trump and reinstate him as either president or king of kings. I thought it was a joke article, but apparently it was not …..
Yup. I think old Q is getting lazy though. Why only JFK Jr? Why not bring back JFK? And Elvis?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.